Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

FoF: A Patch Note Preview - 23 May 200

- - - - - 200 23 fof note patch preview

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

Pitr

Pitr

GRI Cadet

• Members
  • 1,662 posts
one word... IMPRESSIVE.

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Spring Cleanup > Bod Turn In's

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Guest_athos_uo_*

Guest_athos_uo_*
  • Guests

This is not how it is meant to be seen. Keep in mind that we have added Doom Arties, Powerscrolls (even 120s) and Stats Scrolls (even +25s), some of which are worth many millions. We simply added the items players are hoarding in ungodly amounts and taken into consideration what you all have been requesting be added for the turn ins.

Yes, it does :)

Hi, Sakkarah! I am very surprised and excited to hear that you are now one of devs!

I'd like to ask you devs and Adam for one thing.

I always cite devs posts on Stratics and translate them for Japanese players on my site(here). It would be very nice, if I could cite posts on this forum and translate them as well.

Since the posts on this forum are restricted only for registers, I think I should ask you to allow me to do this.

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
So when are we going to be able to turn in UO Characters & Houses for Warhammer points?

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Regine_EAMythic

Regine_EAMythic

Associate Game Designer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
Hey Athos!! Good to hear from you, it has been a long time! :D

About your question, you will need to speak with Jeremy as she really is the one that handles this kind of stuff.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Calell

Calell

Red-Headed Stepchild

• Members
  • 2,245 posts
Sakkarah, any chance you can shed some light on if the 'holiday items' part of turn-in will include pumpkins and candy from halloween? That would be most excellent...if it's not included, can you put a bug in someone's ear that it should be?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks Nev!

Regine_EAMythic

Regine_EAMythic

Associate Game Designer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Sakkarah, any chance you can shed some light on if the 'holiday items' part of turn-in will include pumpkins and candy from halloween?

Currently only the Xmas holiday items and Valentines gifts are included. I'm sure Jeremy will post the complete list of all turn in items at the appropriate time. :)
  • HeathBar likes this

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

BBWalker

BBWalker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
hi regine!

i really HOPE that some of the rewards'll be hard to get,i mean A LOT of points!!

Dont get me wrong, i like rewards, but i like something that is hard to get
and not "everyone can get all".

I like to work hard and try to get a high end reward, even if at the end
i dont get it, but if all can get all...ho well, i dont like it!

Sorry but i like when something is "really" hard to get, what i dont like is
when something is "easy" to get!

thx =)

BBWalker

BBWalker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
i forgot to say "thx" to ruin again rares!

i'm asking myself (but i didnt find an answer)...
"what do you have in mind when you chooce a new reward?"!!!!!!

god, there are so many items you can create and what you do? recycle!

Guest_athos_uo_*

Guest_athos_uo_*
  • Guests

About your question, you will need to speak with Jeremy as she really is the one that handles this kind of stuff.

No, I think it's enough for me to know that you don't have any intention to restirict your posts only for UO Forums. Because if they are handled by Jeremy, they are inevitably official and therefore should be open to public.

Regine_EAMythic

Regine_EAMythic

Associate Game Designer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

i forgot to say "thx" to ruin again rares!

i'm asking myself (but i didnt find an answer)...
"what do you have in mind when you chooce a new reward?"!!!!!!

god, there are so many items you can create and what you do? recycle!

No one wants to ruin rares, and me least of all considering I used to collect rares. But when an item is ultra-rare, then it shouldn't come as a surprise that many aren't aware it actually is player-owned in game. For example, if you look at vinecord sandals, only one of those existed and most people had no clue about them until they became massively duped. Had they never been duped, aside from a select few, nobody would have known about them, myself included. Also, most rares databases are outdated, so accurately determining what item is still rare, semi-rare or now common is not an easy task.

So to answer your question, when I select the items I want to give as a reward, I ask myself the following questions:
  • As a player, if I were given this, would I want to keep it or trash it?
  • Have players been asking for this specific thing?
  • Can this legally be obtained by other means in game?
  • Is this going to hurt crafters?
  • Is this causing PvP imbalances?
  • Is this a true rare?
  • Is the reward appropriate to the context it's being given in?
  • How much Dev/Art/QA time will be required to integrate this?
So often, it's not so much a matter of recycling, but rather giving players something they had been asking for a while. Archery buttes are a good example of that. If I can give people something I know they want and which will require minimal resources, I will do that rather than use a lot of Dev, Art and QA time to create something new that players may not necessarily want. And some things people ask for, we wont give yet because we want to make them craftable or already have specific plans on how we want to introduce them but haven't gotten to that yet.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lord Target

Lord Target

I know I am, and so are you. Now I must throw giant waffles at y

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Spring Cleanup > Bod Turn In's

Where Bod Turn In's = Val Hammer Costing 40+ Mil with 15 uses only

Ah yes, the dreaded prospector's tool and gargoyle pickaxe...endless hours of lethal entertainment.

Do the Dance of BoD Blindness! :dance:

Spring Cleaning is long overdue. I'm glad to see we're getting some new ways to clear out TMaps that will probably never see use and Nets/SoS that get my fisherman/alchy/chef/scribe/necro killed on a regular basis.

:)

BBWalker

BBWalker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

No one wants to ruin rares, and me least of all considering I used to collect rares. But when an item is ultra-rare, then it shouldn't come as a surprise that many aren't aware it actually is player-owned in game. For example, if you look at vinecord sandals, only one of those existed and most people had no clue about them until they became massively duped. Had they never been duped, aside from a select few, nobody would have known about them, myself included. Also, most rares databases are outdated, so accurately determining what item is still rare, semi-rare or now common is not an easy task.

So to answer your question, when I select the items I want to give as a reward, I ask myself the following questions:

• As a player, if I were given this, would I want to keep it or trash it?
  • Have players been asking for this specific thing?
  • Can this legally be obtained by other means in game?
  • Is this going to hurt crafters?
  • Is this causing PvP imbalances?
  • Is this a true rare?
  • Is the reward appropriate to the context it's being given in?
  • How much Dev/Art/QA time will be required to integrate this?
So often, it's not so much a matter of recycling, but rather giving players something they had been asking for a while. Archery buttes are a good example of that. If I can give people something I know they want and which will require minimal resources, I will do that rather than use a lot of Dev, Art and QA time to create something new that players may not necessarily want. And some things people ask for, we wont give yet because we want to make them craftable or already have specific plans on how we want to introduce them but haven't gotten to that yet.

Ok, thx Regine for your answer =)

What about this:

hi regine!

i really HOPE that some of the rewards'll be hard to get,i mean A LOT of points!!

Dont get me wrong, i like rewards, but i like something that is hard to get
and not "everyone can get all".

I like to work hard and try to get a high end reward, even if at the end
i dont get it, but if all can get all...ho well, i dont like it!

Sorry but i like when something is "really" hard to get, what i dont like is
when something is "easy" to get!

thx =)

make "some" (not all) of the new rewards, high end rewards.
I mean, "some" high end reward'd require more point to get them!
If all can get all there is no more point to hunting every day =====)

BBWalker

BBWalker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
Regine PLS can you help me?
I ask Jeremy many times but she never answer me....bha!
I write to EA support but i always receive a canned response....bha!

I need to use the Account Access Transfer Program!!!!!!!

My english is not so good, i read the AATP.DOC but i still
didnt realize the correct step on how to do it! sorry!
And...i'd like to do it without calling in the US, i live in Europa!

There is a way to do it? if yes, how to do it, step by step? PLS

What about putting the service of the "Account Access Transfer Program"
ONLINE?? So everyone, in every side of the world can use it?

Thx =)

Maroite

Maroite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts
I don't agree with you BBWalker. Not at all. If you want an epic turn in item, go for a full suit of the knights armor.

ATM The Spring Cleaning event is catoring to the old players who have kept items around for a long time, and is leaving new/returning players in the dust. Although this may be rightfully so for the old players, its pretty disheartening for new/returning players.

5+ hours a day, every day for 2 weeks in the rift and I gathered a whapping 15000 points. I killed every fallen warrior I could find. The point values are complete messed up also. For some people like bush archers, killing a beserker solo and getting a 10k point scythe was a cake walk, where as other skill builds couldn't kill a beserker at all and had trouble killing the fallen warriors. Also, there were times when the fallen warriors were few and far between.

Also, now that rations and snake skins are dropping again, they're a lot easier to get than the swords/shields. The risk vs reward for the shield/swords was grossly underestimated. The shields and swords imho should have been worth far more.

Now that ps/maps/holiday items are put on the list for turn ins I hope that the devs do it right, and make the point values worth the risk. If level 6 maps are worth 100 points and the holiday crap is worth 400 points, I will be extremely annoyed.

Anyway, I for one hope that the items are obtainable by more than just the vet horders and the 24/7 players. I view this turn in as a fun event but for returning/new players its just a farm fest to be able to participate. The only ones not bothered by it are people who have played for years and horded all of the stuff. They turn in all their junk, have 10 million points, and just get their knight armor, and there 50 shirts, and such.

Lastly, none of these items besides the knights armor is really expensive and usable in every day adventures. The earrings are usable, but not too tedious to get, as are the boots. I hope all of the stuff being released has values around those.

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
When it comes to UO, sometimes you just have to be thankful for anything you get, even an answer or reply is an epic.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pickaxe Pete

Pickaxe Pete

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
I'm thankful for the effort for sure, but wishing EA could have chosen other items besides duplicates of those items I have spent a lot of my hard earned ingame gold to obtain. It does make one feel as though one is working for nothing.

A hit from the nerf bat always stings. It just depends how big the wack is that holds the subscription money in the balance. :) This time, we are fine. This time. :)

Maroite

Maroite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

I'm thankful for the effort for sure, but wishing EA could have chosen other items besides duplicates of those items I have spent a lot of my hard earned ingame gold to obtain. It does make one feel as though one is working for nothing.

A hit from the nerf bat always stings. It just depends how big the wack is that holds the subscription money in the balance. :) This time, we are fine. This time. :)

What items are you talking about?...

Pickaxe Pete

Pickaxe Pete

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

What items are you talking about?...

Greetings, friend. The yucca tree, fire pit, and bird's nest were previously obtainable at great expense. For those that did expend serious resources (to them) on these, they will have some feelings about this, trust me. :)

Maroite

Maroite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Greetings, friend. The yucca tree, fire pit, and bird's nest were previously obtainable at great expense. For those that did expend serious resources (to them) on these, they will have some feelings about this, trust me. :)

Possibly a bad market investment? Not everything you invest a lot into is going to turn out well. Its the risk you take investing in overly priced items.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 200, 23, fof, note, patch, preview