Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Faction Stat Loss

- - - - - faction loss stat

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Pitr

Pitr

GRI Cadet

• Members
  • 1,662 posts
We have been in TB faction for a while now...

So I have a question...

What is the point of this Stat Loss?

Thank you.

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
If they fixed Factions, and more people played it, there might be a purpose for it (I.E. incentive to NOT die).
  • Limlight likes this

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
The point was to keep people from rezzing then running right back into battle.

It's a lot harder to keep fighting with less skill.

Pitr

Pitr

GRI Cadet

• Members
  • 1,662 posts
yup, but the goal isnt to keep fighting?

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
You can keep fighting, but not to get immediately back in, hence the timer (think it's 10 minutes).

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
I'm not sure how PvP is now (but I'm QUITE sure that you'll help me re-learn soon), but back when factions first started, it was extremely difficult to end a fight, and even though it was pre-insurance, resupplying was terribly easy and cheaper than insurance is now. Anyhow, fights would tend to last a while and if the sides were evenly matched outside of factions, nobody would get anywhere after a long time. The stats loss for factions was meant to facilitate progress in the conquering of your enemy by eliminating the dead from the fight for a while. It would enable one side to claim victory in a time when everyone always tried to claim victory.

It didn't work terribly well then, especially for the faction thieves (aka me) who still had enough points after stats loss to sneak, snoop and steal. The only thing I couldn't still do after getting killed was disarm, which only meant being more selective about my targets.

But faction stat loss was why I stopped with factions (that and there was nobody in TB-Napa at the time). I could get the same rewards by just being a thief without having to worry about losing my skills for a while.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: faction, loss, stat