Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Population of Shards

- - - - - population shards

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

shay

shay

You on crackers?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Is there some kind of way to see how populated the Shards are? Im on atlantic, and well it seems the population has dropped off from when i played around a year ago.

I'm an all day player, and atlantic just seems dead now.....

anyway to find out?

thanks

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
There has never been a release of that kind of information, that I know of.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
The best way to guess about the population is to have the log in screen sort the shard list by current population. Then the shard which currently have the most players come out on top.

If you play during the American days, perhaps you would like to give Europa a try. American days tend to be European prime time. (As a side note, I've used the solution in reverse. I live in Europe and play on Catskills. I've gone whole days of hunting during the week without seeing a single soul outside of Luna)

Shannara

Shannara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
if you think ATL is dead don't go anywhere else :(

skado

skado

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

if you think ATL is dead don't go anywhere else :(

this is true everywhere is quiet compared to years ago, but saying that there more places to go thees days, atlantic seems good to me - more busy then europa was.
Atlantic:
Zhen - Tamer
NoPk - Archer

holmedog

holmedog

The Holmedog

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts
Great Lakes still has a lot at brit during prime time, but its no where near packed like it used to be.

You can still get pk'd mining north of Minoc :)

MalagAste

MalagAste

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
Depends on what time of day you play as a general rule when is best and where. But definatly the number of players who are ACTUALLY around and online seems to be dimished.... but then you need to take into account that YEARS ago..... there was only Felluca..... Or what is now Felluca..... then they put in the lost lands, Trammel, Illshnar, Malas, Tokuno, Heartwood, the rift, and countless other attractions that seem to spread folk thinner and thinner in Sossaria...... so not EVERYONE is going to go to Cove..... not everyone knows anything is happening there... not everyone is going to go to the rift..... it's not everybodies cup of tea so to speak..... so while sometimes it seems there really isn't anyone on..... that could be because the population of the shard hasn't diminished like some think.... folk are just alot more spread out.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

McJiff

McJiff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
There are still a lot of players that like to keep to themselves or a small group. Not everyone will be at the bank for example. But its definitely not like the good old days
:director2: Living like a king :icon_king:

ladykolleen

ladykolleen

Original Wonder Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts
IM on chesapeake and I htink there are quite a few people.
im an all-dayer and i always see people doing stuff.

not as much as it used to be but there are quite a few people all over the place.

:D like yesterday i was hunting ophids by myself and 2 others showed up - which made things so much easier ;D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I am Diana, Princess of the Amazons! I won't be denied! "

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: population, shards