Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Best atrifact for a Swordsman or Archer

- - - - - archer atrifact swordsman

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Veganite

Veganite

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
If you could buy one or two artifacts which ones are the best bang for the buck? I have a budget of about 15 million. But would prefer to spend less if I can.

I currently play a Swordsman. I also plan to play this guy as an Archer, swapping out swords to a soul stone.
Current stats naked 104-47-100 with amour 109-55-100 (Str. Int. Dex) PvM only
115 Swords
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy
110 Bushido
100 Parry
100 Resist
95 Chivalry

Current amour setup
All 70 resist
Mana regen+7
Hit point regen +11
DCI + 15%
DI +25%

Brightsight lenses
Gorget hit point regen+1 mana regen+2
Tunic Heart of the lion
Royal leggings of embers
Arms man reg+2
Storm grips
Bracelet of health
Ring FCR2 FC1

Thanks in advance.

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
If you listed your stats in order (Str, Dex, Int), I'd suggest pumping more into Dex (from Int).

As far as your gear, I'd upgrade the jewelry to try and get more HCI and DCI. You could have a Primer of Arms totem or Totem of the Void also.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

silent

silent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
I use Jackals collar and mace and shield glasses on my warrior chars.

Veganite

Veganite

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

I use Jackals collar and mace and shield glasses on my warrior chars.

Are they medable? I go thru a lot of mana.

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
You only need Medable armor if you have Meditation, but I believe those two are medable anyways.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
My samurai bought two things that completely changed the game for me.

Those things are:
Mace and shield reading glasses (I paid 7.95 million)
HLD 30%
Str bonus 10
Dex bonus 5
Total defense 65 points

Jackal's collar (currently 5.5-6 million on Catskills)
Dex bonus 15
HPR 2
Total defense 50 points

The collar isn't much on defense, but the huge dex bonus is an amazing benefit to the samurai. Swing speed means almost everything.

But probably the best two artifacts you can get are very cheap.
Fey leggings and heart of the lion (or violet courage if you have a female character) both give decent resists and have high defense chance increase. As great as swing speed is, not getting hit is better.

jelinidas

jelinidas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
I agree. Mace and shield glasses are a must. Jackels is also nice.

Veganite

Veganite

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

You only need Medable armor if you have Meditation, but I believe those two are medable anyways.

Thanks,
It's been about a year but if I remember right. I was able to regen mana faster passively with medable armor than I was with plate. This was without meditation. I should retest that again.

rhale

rhale

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Especially since your style is mana intensive, I would agree with those recommending Mace and Shields. They are meddable, decent resists, stat boosts along with the HLD. And yes, jackal's or any other non med armor will slow down your mana regen. You will take a large hit on fire resists and mana regen prop if you lose the brightsights tho.

The other artifact that I'd consider, particularly for your archer, would be the rune beetle carapace. It gives good mana regen, lmc and mana boost and you should not need the dci as much for an archer.

Also agree with the other poster recommending the fey leggings and/or boosting your DCI on your swordsman. Bushido, parry and max dci let you withstand quite a lot of attacks. A minor artie/reward item you should consider is the quiver of infinity. It will give a 5% dci boost, plus has other uses for an archer as well.

Veganite

Veganite

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Especially since your style is mana intensive, I would agree with those recommending Mace and Shields. They are meddable, decent resists, stat boosts along with the HLD. And yes, jackal's or any other non med armor will slow down your mana regen. You will take a large hit on fire resists and mana regen prop if you lose the brightsights tho.

The other artifact that I'd consider, particularly for your archer, would be the rune beetle carapace. It gives good mana regen, lmc and mana boost and you should not need the dci as much for an archer.

Also agree with the other poster recommending the fey leggings and/or boosting your DCI on your swordsman. Bushido, parry and max dci let you withstand quite a lot of attacks. A minor artie/reward item you should consider is the quiver of infinity. It will give a 5% dci boost, plus has other uses for an archer as well.

Using the mace glasses would take my fire down to 65 and poison to 68 which doesn't sound to bad. Are the benifits of HLD 20% str+10 and dex+5 better than the mana regen +3 I would loose?

jfk

jfk

Lost in the Abyss

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
Absolutely. The Mace and Shields would be far superior to the Brightsite lenses. The MR 3 you lose equals .3 mana per second, or about 1 mana every 3 or so seconds...not much really. If you have a good mana leech weap you won't even notice it. Also, though it's probably outside your budget, I consider a Crimmy a must have on almost any character that fights, including mages and tamers. The HPI alone is worth it, let alone the regen and dex increases.

rhale

rhale

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Agree mace and shields > brightsights. For high level mobs, you will want HLD.

But... maybe outside the scope of your question, but it looks like you have good fire resist on most of your other armor pieces. Have you considered adding a bit of necro and going into vampire form? I think this will suit your template very well. Level 1-4 poison immune, little more MR, lots more SR and most imporantly, 20% hit point leech.

If it were me, I'd keep the brightsights, adjust template to add 40 necro and get some relatively cheap items to be able to get into vampire form: midnight bracers, ossarian grimoire, bloodwood spirit and jewelry to get a total of about +60 in necro skill items. You'd only have 61 or so fire resist, but as others point out, you can also improve your jewelry fairly easily.

MalagAste

MalagAste

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
Mace and sheilds and Jackles are both good.... however if you want to put a few points into something else I suggest your archer wear the hunters.... this adds more dex along with the jackles... and in my opinion as an archer you REALLY need to have as much dex as you can get.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Veganite

Veganite

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Interesting that you should mention necromancy. I have necro on another character that I haven’t been playing much, I could soul stone it over to cast vamp then soul stone it back. I know it sounds a little like cheating but it’s not much different than putting stuff on to cast then taking it off .

rhale

rhale

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Yep. Since you can, try it out on the soulstone method first. That's how I started out as well until I got enough + necro skill pieces. The only disadvantage is if you die more often than you have soulstone charges ;).

Calell

Calell

Red-Headed Stepchild

• Members
  • 2,245 posts
I prefer the spirit of the totem and ring of the vile. crimson is a must for all characters now, and dip's correct that a totem of void/primer on arms is mandatory as well
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks Nev!

holmedog

holmedog

The Holmedog

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts
Since this is PvM...Go for wraith form (can cast at 10 with scrolls or at 0 if you equip midnight bracers). Get a soulseeker (50k?). You will NEVER run out of mana, and that suit would be just fine. I would start working on a totem and better bracer/ring.

silent

silent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
I don't think necro scrolls work like magery scrolls, at least that's what I was told.

holmedog

holmedog

The Holmedog

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts

I don't think necro scrolls work like magery scrolls, at least that's what I was told.

I know I always just buy (or keep a few I find) wraith form scrolls so I don't lose regs trying to cast it at low skill.

Veganite

Veganite

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Thanks everyone. Lots of good info here.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: archer, atrifact, swordsman