Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

More From Cal - 14th May, 2008

- - - - - 14th 2008 cal

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

Knowledge is power; Guard it well!

• Members
  • 2,250 posts
Now who is comparing apples and oranges?

10 million WoW players (or even if you do not believe that number, its several million) versus UO high peak of 250, 000?

I am not the one who did not have the courage to stick with the third dawn client. That was a EAMythic decision to maintain that dev headache. And it continues to this day with the KR client. I have played all 3 clients. I really do not care which one they use. Though I prefer one over the others, that is a diffferent discussion. As far as the testing time needed, you can not seriously state that KR was tested enough to release? Its a poor excuse that EAMythic can always trot out. After 7 years of multiple clients, you would think they would have learned, no?

I am not advocating going to a EQ type expansion schedule. But up until Mondain's Legacy, the UO community was getting a box on the shelf about every year. If your game is not on the shelf, how are you suppose to bring new players into the game? Cross your fingers and hope? I suppose the 7th, 8th, 9th anniversary editions were not gouging? I think so, but at least there were boxes on the shelf, you have a chance to get a new player to pick up a box. With no presence, you have zero chance.

I love this game and have happily payed for it for 10 years. If I wanted a "prettier" game I would have left years ago. I play for the depth of the game, I have found no other game even comes close to what UO offers. I want it to continue for years to come. Not having new content in a timely fashion does what to promote the game? Nothing that I can see. It just drives current players out since they get "bored" and we sprial down. Until the game is shut down. I still believe that UO has a few years left, its not going to shut down tomorrow, but unless you begin to stop the declining subscriptions, that day will come sooner than we expect or want.

I would still like to know exactly why, we could not get the cocoa trees/seeds in? Again I am not a gardener, but I know a few. I believe draconi posted that they were completed but had to be pushed back because of the event. If these new items are done why the push back? It does not make sense, and it annoys people that are looking forward to new features/items/systems.

It is the little things like this that get people upset. Take vine cord sandals issue, They have been around for sometime. EAMythic knew about them, they should have been removed as soon as possible, instead of allowing them to remain ingame and continued to be duped. But EAMythic allows issues like this to fester and they then appear reactive, instead of proactive.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

Gaurus

Gaurus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Yes, I could be more negative. How about some straight answers for a change, and less blowing smoke.

EQ learned how to upgrade their look and code, it is about the same age, UO can not? EAMythic seems to like taking whatever is hot at the time and trying to cram it into UO with each release. Go compare the releases of UO versus times EQ release new features. I not saying they are exactly the same but many things from EQ and other games have made there way into UO.

You not serious with this line are you? You would rather wait for EAMtyhic? They overhype everything. How about KR? Do you really want to go down the line of things they have overhyped, talked about being really great, then on release, most people are like wtf?
Virtues? Never completed
AoS? Changed the game so much many players left the game
Elevn Bows? Beta testers told EAMtyhic they were overpowered before their general release. Beta players got told, no problem, its fix, went live, they were still borked, took too long to fix. Even when beta testers told them that the bows were still screwed up, EAMythic denied it and stated they were working as intended.
and the list could go on.

Mondain's Legacy was release in August 2005. Nearly 3 years without any major content release? And you are happy with that? I play for enjoyment. I am not bored with UO, even after 10 years, or I would have left a long time ago. But I do expect new content on a consistent basis. Why? for new challenges for vet players, buzz for new players, and most importantly shelf space in stores to keep the game in the public eye.

Well said.

galefan2004

galefan2004

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
If you want to add in hype...

They hyped the hell out of p16 and when they were told it would turn into a guild gank fest with only red gank guilds ever getting close to the spawns they assured us all that would never happen. Now spawns (which is one of the funnest parts of the pvm in this game) are camped by reds that care more about ganking blues then actually doing spawns.

More people have left this game over felucca crap then will ever leave this game for any other reason.

Maroite

Maroite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

If you want to add in hype...

They hyped the hell out of p16 and when they were told it would turn into a guild gank fest with only red gank guilds ever getting close to the spawns they assured us all that would never happen. Now spawns (which is one of the funnest parts of the pvm in this game) are camped by reds that care more about ganking blues then actually doing spawns.

More people have left this game over felucca crap then will ever leave this game for any other reason.

Power Scrolls = Worst Addition Ever!

Well, the implementation anyway. The concept is pretty cool, and makes characters more unique. I guess the AoS/UOR changes to pvp and the addition of Tramm kinda changed this too. Back in the day, reds were few and far between but they were skilled. Now everyone and their brother has at least one red char on their account.

I try not to get too hyped about anything. Anyone remember Vanguard? lol I still believe that game could have been THE game had it been done right. Regardless getting hyped about stuff can lead you down a pretty dark road. I enjoy UO as a hobbie. I just play and take what they give and I have fun doing it.

No use crying over spilt milk, or worrying over it getting spilt or not.

EmersonBiggins

EmersonBiggins

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
How about they fix KR where the download will actually INSTALL on your machine?

THAT would be a FIX...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 14th, 2008, cal