Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Has anyone ever...

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

RMS Carpathia

RMS Carpathia

Madien of the Great Blue

• Members
  • 2,443 posts
Had this happen to them?
Posted Image

haha I am not quite sure where this island is (still kind of new) I died because of someone who opened a tresure chest and didn't kill everything that came out. The Daemon was right outside my house and me thinking my house was safe... it wasn't.

There was no wandering healers anywhere, my boat wasn't out so couldn't rez, my guild had not a clue where I was. Lucky someone was in there house and saw me as a ghost trying to get my bearing for someone to sail out the help me kill it haha!

Was a rather intresting night to say the least...

-RMS Carpathia-

Snugglebunny

Snugglebunny

indisputably more awesome

• Members
  • 5,665 posts
I've had Reapers teleport onto my roof and shoot me with fireballs on my open porches. If your not sealed in, they can get in!

Well rub butter on my beautiful butt and call me a croissant!

Posted Image

Barne_Rubble

Barne_Rubble

I'm BAAACCCKK!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
*sighs* Sadly there is nothing worse than getting killed in your own house. I had it happen to me plenty of times, and the reaper teleporting deal is certainly a nasty surprise. Dieing on a boat in the middle of the ocean is no fun either. :( Glad you found a res. Was it in time to reach your equipment?
:blob8: BACK FROM THE DEAD! :blob8:

Gwenyth

Gwenyth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts
Yep, I've had that happen on more than one occasion :( Once it was a poison elemental waiting on my doorstep and the second time was an orge lord. Both times it was when my defenseless crafter recalled home. But, those are the dangers I face living on Horseshoe Island.
  • Flutter likes this
Posted Image

Ly-Las

Ly-Las

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Both times it was when my defenseless crafter recalled home.

It never happens with your uber warrior does it? I mean youll never have a character who can slap it silly die on you doorstep. It is always the defenseless crafter :-/

Posted Image

Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Wycorp--Dwarf Hunter

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
Never lived in a place that was all that close to a T-map loc.

It happens to others all the time though...

Posted Image

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
Ive logged in before in game years ago to similar,do you panic or what ,hehe ?

Does the 'I ban thee ' option not work anymore?

Or maybe have the 'hiding' skill dragged out to your desktop in a corner some where to use in an emergency.

Another option is hide, click yourself ,and a menu appears choose ' leave house' which throws you out and at least gives you some time to think/get away from critters.:)

As long as you run back on your doorstep,you can hide from deamon, what ever :)

Its so cute reading a new players posts on his experiences etc.

Brings back some wicked memories :)

Enjoy the Ultima ride while your new to it RMS Carpathia, theres nothing quite liike it :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Im Free

Im Free

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts
I hate it when people leave spawns at high use T-Map locations and you get there and wham your grey from an Acient Wrym. I have also died in my house when it was near the Compassion Desert Shrine when I logged in and there was an Orc Mage in my house.
Im Free, Legendary Smith of UBB

RMS Carpathia

RMS Carpathia

Madien of the Great Blue

• Members
  • 2,443 posts

Was it in time to reach your equipment?

Unfornatally no, but lucky he yoinked all my stuff that was not able to be insured so technically I got everything back haha! So it worked out good ^_^

Both times it was when my defenseless crafter recalled home. But, those are the dangers I face living on Horseshoe Island.

I was on my bard but sense I am newish to the game my skills are defintally not maxed so I still couldn't go up against it. Yeah I live on a place called Horeshoe Island but I still have no clue where that is on the map haha! So no guild memeber was able to help me accept that one guy who so happened to be home at the time was able to help me.

For a place with no spawns, that place is certainly dangerous hehe

Enjoy the Ultima ride while your new to it RMS Carpathia, theres nothing quite liike it

Thanks! Though I lost my young status in 2 days because I was on for so long haha! I love UO and I have played alot of other games so this is saying alot. Graphics not pull me away, well actually in my opinion... I love the graphics of UO they are beautiful. But what I mean is alot of people want "3D only" and miss out on many things like that. Oh yes and many thanks for the advice I did not think of ANY of those while I was screaming around my house trying to get away from deamon hehe. Was kind of in panic mode and brain was like "Run!" so none of those crossed mind.

-RMS Carpathia-

Barne_Rubble

Barne_Rubble

I'm BAAACCCKK!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Glad to hear you got your stuff back. And it's a good thing that pesky Collector of Souls didn't decide to go peaking through your house. God forbid it needs to go potty.
:blob8: BACK FROM THE DEAD! :blob8:

RMS Carpathia

RMS Carpathia

Madien of the Great Blue

• Members
  • 2,443 posts
The Deamon was more than welcome to stay in the house but he is way to hostile so he had to go =P

-RMS Carpathia-

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
You sure it's not a balron? I thought all the daemons used the old graphic now.?

Guest_uorunehouse_*

Guest_uorunehouse_*
  • Guests
lol happened to me with a poison ele when i was trying to sell my keep, the person waxed it real quick with a e. vortex lol and i still got the sale, but i was like man what a time to do this

Minotaur2k

Minotaur2k

Meow

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
It is a Balron not a Daemon.
Even if it was the old graphic, Balron and Daemon Graphics are still different.
There are no stupid questions......only stupid people!

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Oh yea, I just noticed the health bar at the top left (the collector of souls), which is a balron's title.

Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Wycorp--Dwarf Hunter

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
And a Balron is one of the higher end mobs...certainl soloable to most any template, but a little warning and at least upper level skills... :)

Posted Image

RMS Carpathia

RMS Carpathia

Madien of the Great Blue

• Members
  • 2,443 posts
balron, deamon I can not tell the diffrence hehe. I just know he enjoyed trying to take over my house haha! ^_^

-RMS Carpathia-

Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Wycorp--Dwarf Hunter

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
Balrons are silver/grey Hue and have longer (more than one word) names, Deamons are reddish and have one word names.

Posted Image

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Don't forget demons don't have holes in their wings.

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
UOautomap would help you find your location.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]