Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Honor - The Untapped Virtue?

- - - - - honor untapped virtue

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Lady Luna Rossa

Lady Luna Rossa

Retired Mystical Being

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
Perhaps I am the only one that was not aware of how useful this virtue was. After dying more times then I care to go into last night and having to leave my decaying body laying in various pieces around Ilshenar, Pfloyd of LOP asked why I did not use "Honor" to go and quickly retrieve my body.

Never heard of this before and I have been in UO coming on 7 yrs. so he explained how you can honor yourself and not have creatures come after you. The longer the time period depends on how high you are in honor.

He prompty took me to start working on my honor which I gained in very quickly and also acquired some of my lost fame and karma.

I was very excited and thankful and I am looking forward to giving it a try.

Just wanted to share in case there were others out there that focus only on a couple of the virtues.

shay

shay

You on crackers?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
OMG i am such a big fan of HONOR!!! and its true, not too many people know how to use it. It really comes in handy when you have died in a hi spawn area, everyone else around is panicking on how will they get their body back, and i just stroll right on thru, collect my things, maybe make a rude gesture or 2 at the mobs, and be on my way...

HONOR- never leave home with out it!!

jfk

jfk

Lost in the Abyss

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
Honor rocks, ESPECIALLY for tamers working the difficult tames like g-drags and dread warhorses. It is also useful in applications like getting keys for peerless' and such. Well worth working this virtue. I found one of the fastest ways to get it was from the Succubus in the Fan Dancer Dojo.

ladykolleen

ladykolleen

Original Wonder Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts
awesome knowledge.
I havent tried my honor because I didnt understand it, but im going to check it out more now. I usually just work on compassion and some valor.

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
Honor? ... I'd tap that!

I think it took me about half a week after my return to UO last year to discover honor and its benifits (apart from bushido's extra damage, which makes it even better). Now that I have a new tamer, my second job (first is training my pets) will be gaining honor. Fortunately, that is a process that can be coupled with training.

The problem with honor is that it costs a heck of a lot of honor points to use the skill and a heck of a long time to build it back up.

Littleblue

Littleblue

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
Could someone kindly explain how the Honor Virtue is activated and gained in?

I would like to start working on gaining in this Virtue, but I've not a clue how it works.
:turtle_by_IRIE666:

Snugglebunny

Snugglebunny

indisputably more awesome

• Members
  • 5,665 posts
Baldguy was fanatical about us using it in peerless. he may have a faq laying around here some where. I'll see if I can dig it up.

Well rub butter on my beautiful butt and call me a croissant!

Posted Image

Snugglebunny

Snugglebunny

indisputably more awesome

• Members
  • 5,665 posts
Ok here you guys go.. it was Ally who made this fantastic guide for honor!
http://www.uoforums....-virtues-32375/

Well rub butter on my beautiful butt and call me a croissant!

Posted Image

Littleblue

Littleblue

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
Excellent. I can't wait to start figuring it out! *grins*
:turtle_by_IRIE666:

Anvilinous

Anvilinous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
yeah for honor!! i learned about it a few months ago, and as its already been said, helps a ton for taming and peerless, especially sneaking past irk to drop my dreadhorn keys....

justa random question? what the highest anyones worked it to? mine is three bubbles into the last level, cant imgaine how many miasma it would take to fill that all the way

IronHorse

IronHorse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
The nice aspect of Honor is it doesn't decay like the other virtues.
You only lose Honor points when you use it.
Its easy to maintain at Knight level once you get it there by just going to fan dancer dojo and regaining the points you've used on the succubus,,Balrons work well too.
-IronHorse
GM Forge of Virtue
Governor of Trinsic

jfk

jfk

Lost in the Abyss

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
I'm a Knight of Honor on three chars, and close (within a couple bubbles) on three more.

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts
I could never stay knight of honor. I use it far too much.

There are a couple of situations where a little bit of honor saves a whole lot of trouble, such as collecting peerless keys or running to the arcane circle in the crystal dungeon.

Jose Muerto

Jose Muerto

The Outcast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Honor makes it possible to solo paroxymus, without it I doubt it can be done.

Honor your self when you enter,

Take out the blobs one by one,

Then honor paroxy and achieve perfection in vamp form.

And if you have sacrifice you can self res if you die! :dance:
Great Lakes
uothief.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

silent

silent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
I've been beating on miasma for weeks and still hadn't hit knight. i spent a couple hours tonight and hit knight, go figure. I would have thought a named mob would have given better everything than a succubus. So now that I have achieved knight how long does it take to gain a bubble? I killed like 30 succubus after getting knight and not one bubble. also when embracing honor does it take a full bubble away like the lower levels?

abracadabra

abracadabra

Mindless Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
You've reached the epitomy, and knight of honor is the highest level. No more tiny bubbles for you Sir Knight. Yes, each time you honor yourself, a hard earned bubble is lost.
Posted Image

jfk

jfk

Lost in the Abyss

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
Yep, the minute you use honor once, you're knighthood is gone hehe. Still, it doesn't take too long to get it back, certainly not like the initial climb. To whoever said they couldn't stay knight of honor, I understand. I can't either. whenever one of my chars with knight status loses it, that character makes a trip to succubus to get it back. I don't use it "that" often, but I choose my spots. Some characters will have it for a week. Others (my tamer), for hours or perhaps a day.

Maroite

Maroite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts
You're a tamer and don't use honor? :o ... Well I'm glad you have heard about it now! =)

May it serve you will!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: honor, untapped, virtue