Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

~ Taming Tips for Bake Kitsunes Needed ~

- - - - - bake kitsunes needed taming tips

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Littleblue

Littleblue

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
Alright, so my newbie tamer Littleblue is finally nearing 80 taming. She has 116.x Animal Lore. Both are real skill. My magery is a smidgen over 90 with jewelry. Very low vet, unfortunately.

Anyway, I'm getting close to the minimums for Bake Kitsunes, and would appreciate any tips you have! I've been away from the game for about 5 years, so assume I know nothing, hehe.

I think I might try my luck at finding a couple of nice Frenzieds this evening...I've always enjoyed hunting with them. :)
:turtle_by_IRIE666:

jfk

jfk

Lost in the Abyss

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
I peaced bakes to tame them....very, very easy tame doing it that way. I was a cu/hiryu tamer first though (jewelled up) so that may have had something to do with it. It wasn't until I was interested in running with a pair of them for some pvp fun that I tried it. I used that Tsukaii wolves (sp?) to kill off the ones I didn't want. I really don't believe you'll find them at all difficult. If you don't have peacing, you could beat them down some with ev's before taming, just like some folks do with hiryus. Just be careful to dispel the ev's before they kill the bake. I have not tried to para them, and I'm not sure how effective it would be anyway, if at all.

As for your vet, the easiest way I found was to tame a gaman, and have it attack other gaman while you vet it. When it starts getting too strong, kill it off, tame another, and repeat. I took healing well beyond GM level doing this in just a few hours.

Baldguy

Baldguy

AKA Thom O'Bedlam. Got a Question? I got a link for ya!

• Members
  • 1,948 posts
JFK provides the best tip. Use jewels to bump up to a non agressive animal. This is much safer, and QUICKER.

Useful links

[UO:F Common FAQ] [UO Guide] [Official UO Play Guide] [UO Feedback] [More Links, gathered by the Forum]
[B][SIZE="3"]Got a Question, or a great answer? PM me with it and I will post in the FAQ.

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA
I peace-tame bakes as well :)

uobuoy

uobuoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
As was said before, bump up you Taming with jewelry and train with non-agressive prey.

At 80 Taming you should be training on Deathwatch Beetles, Great Harts Grizzlies.

If you jewelry-up to high 90s, then Gaman are perfect. Here's a challenge for you...something I do at the Kitsuni Woods when I get bored treaining. Tame as many Gaman as you can and take the pack to kill Kitsunis or Tsuki Wolves. It's a real challenge keeping the Gaman alive and your Vet will soar!

Here's a really good sight for calculating the creatures to Tame:
The Taming Archive - What Do I Tame??

Plug in your effective Taming skill. The dark green area is your most effective gain group.

Good Hunting!

Littleblue

Littleblue

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
Thanks for all the wonderful info everyone! :)

This will certainly help me move forward with my training. I'm enjoying it quite a bit so far...taming the non-agressives is actually kind of relaxing.

Hunting with the Gamans sounds very interesting....I will definately have to try it!

If I am taming Kitsunes to keep, will beating them down with EV's lower their stats/skills permanately? I am a little confused with how that and paralyzing can affect the final tames.
:turtle_by_IRIE666:

Lycanthropy

Lycanthropy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts
Actually, the very best way to tame a Bake Kitsune is with a Necro. You summon a dark wolf familiar, and then you have a 100% chance to tame as long as you don't make the Kitsune mad.

Wenchkin

Wenchkin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
I tend to bring along a pet that can beat the kit down, then just do a simple lead tame. No peacemaking. If you can, boost your taming skill as high as possible to make it a bit easier.

A pet you've beaten down won't suffer any additional skill/stat loss because of that, it's only paralyzing that causes the extra loss.

Wenchy

Farsight

Farsight

Aneirin - UP - VTC

• Members
  • 1,537 posts

I tend to bring along a pet that can beat the kit down, then just do a simple lead tame. No peacemaking. If you can, boost your taming skill as high as possible to make it a bit easier.

A pet you've beaten down won't suffer any additional skill/stat loss because of that, it's only paralyzing that causes the extra loss.

Wenchy

In addition, if you tell your own pet to stop, your pet will stay in idle mode while the kit beats your pet (I use a ki-rin, but only 'cause I don't have anything better). So you don't even have to beat the bake, just get it to aggro your idle (all stop/all follow me) pet and tame it while healing your bait.

Thorynn

Thorynn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
I use a similar method to those mentioned above, except instead of gaman I use a lowland boura. With around 600hp even if you get more than one kit agroing you can keep your boura healed while it kills off whichever ones you dont want to tame. I also set my recall rune to place me in one of the caves in the bake taming area. That way I always recall to a safe place to do my taming. There is always bakes just outside of the cave entrances that you can easily pull into the cave, this keeps additional mobs from joining the party. But as mentioned in the other posts just get the bake to agro your Boura and have it stay/stop, this keeps your pet from damaging the bake and getting the " this animal is too angry to tame message". If its a bake you want then tame it, if not let the boura kill it. This method isnt strictly for bakes though, you can use it on any 1-3 slot pet that you want to tame really. The only difference is the amount that you will have to heal your lowland boura. For instance I find Rune beetles are hard to do, but its not impossible.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sounder

Sounder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
Frenzieds- those were always my fav, just love that purring sound
Quitting UO Sale - Moving to LOTRO - L.S. Middle house S. of Bagball Court, Luna - No Spawn -
ICQ 18-303-350

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bake, kitsunes, needed, taming, tips