Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

This makes me really angry...

- - - - - angry makes

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Rowan

Rowan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
The dev team nerfed our sending bags because of gold farming scripters. They nerfed them to the point sending bags are absolutely useless. The honest population has to deal with this, while the scripter has moved on to the Painted caves, has a nice rail script that runs him out of the caves and recalls to the bank. Hes running 2-4 accounts per shard. East coast and west coast. Paging GMs does no good he is semi attended so he can respond to GMs.

Even if everyone bands together to kill him on all shards, he will just move to trammel only where he is safe from player justice.

buddy lee

buddy lee

Agent Zero

• Members
  • 2,249 posts
sux man

JCtheBuilder

JCtheBuilder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts
The Bag of Sending was nerfed for more than just scripting. It made farming gold much too easy. You could spend hours never having to go and drop off loot.

UOGuide -- The best Ultima Online reference, better than the T2A manual!

MalagAste

MalagAste

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

The Bag of Sending was nerfed for more than just scripting. It made farming gold much too easy. You could spend hours never having to go and drop off loot.

I fail to see what is so bad about that...... Look if I have only a few hours to spend in game.... the last thing I want to do is spend 40% of that time running to the bank.... having to go back to my hunting spot only to find someone else hunting there .... and since I technically "left"... I feel obligated to move on..... the difference between some folk and folk like myself is.... I have a sense of courtesy for other players.... if someone is hunting a spot I don't just move right in.... I either ask them if they are open to taking turns ..... Or I find somewhere else to hunt.... But of late it's such a pain for me to get gold anymore as my character can only hold 4k in gold..... so basicly I kill 3 or 4 things and I'm off to the bank again...... I spend more money in tithing than I can make it feels like.... Used to be with a bag of send I could drop the gold in a pile until it was up to 10 or 12 k and then send it ..... Now I've got to stop what I'm doing run to the bank .... run back and hope that in that time no one came along and noticed the hunting spot open or I have to go find a new spot..... it's frustrating..... And if your going to say I carry to much in my pack or whatever I'm an archer..... so I have arrows, spare bows, bandaides.... potions my runebooks, petals, and a spare talisman of bandage summoning in my pack..... as I belong to a PvP/RP guild there are certain things I need to carry with me at all times you can never be sure when you might be called to duty... but it definatly effects my ability to gather gold for insurance... And the original poster is right.... it hasn't slowed down scripters in the least.... they have just adapted....

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

JCtheBuilder

JCtheBuilder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts
Well the problem is compounded by the increases in gold drops on monsters over the years. The top monsters would only carry a couple hundred gold, now they carry 2,000. You can also kill the top monsters in seconds instead of up to a minute. All this adds up to loading up much faster.

Then: 400 gold per minute means it would take 50 minutes to get to 20,000, meaning one drop off per hour.
Today: 2,000 gold per minute means it would take 10 minutes to get to 20,000, meaning 5 drop offs per hour.

UOGuide -- The best Ultima Online reference, better than the T2A manual!

Lycanthropy

Lycanthropy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts
That's odd that Painted Caves is a hot spot for easy gold. I would think a monster that doesn't heal itself would be easier, although, they do have bandages on their corpses, so I guess that could add some time to it. In that case, why not script mummies in deceit? Easy to get there, and chance for some 10th arties?

LemonSqueeze

LemonSqueeze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
eh.. all you have to do to destory his script is lure the 2 big bosses down.. and he's destroyed... he can't kill those things with his characters *shrugs*

silent

silent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
I hate to be negative but this is typical UO at this point they take the easy way out of everything. UO is in maintentance mode, the easiest and cheapest way to code through an issue. Example, insured items on vendors instead of just uninsuring an item when you try and place it on a vendor it drops back in your pack saying it cannot be placed on a vendor becasue its insured. If they managed to put the code in to check that the item is insured couldn't they have added another line to clear the insured flag and let yet you just drop it on the vendor? How about all the proxy swamp dragons that are bugged? No love for them only people that havent opened them yet. Again it's just pure lazyness. How about all the clicks and drags for this turn in? Hey but you got all those sandals that were unbalancing the game so much. :eusa_clap: sorry it's late and I'm cranky. :icon_evil:

FrejaSP

FrejaSP

Lonely Vampire

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Sure the nerf of bag of sending was an easy way to fix gold farming.
The back is still useful if you want to send a valuable item to the bank.
In my opinion was it a mistake to add the bag of sending to the game.

2000 gp on a monster is wrong too but without the advantage from bag of sending it's somewhat balanced.

Some of the easyness of UO have to go.

In old days, the problem was not how to get fast to the bank but visite the bank before the PK's got you. Waiting to you was loaded was a bad idea.

The biggest mistake after Trammel was to make the next facets with Trammel ruleset.

Freja.jpg

Tina Tink
Freja, Guildmaster of The Dark Outlaws, TDO, Living in the player town Safe Haven Siege
Come join us on Siege, we need new blood chase.gif Also, on Siege, your red can go everywhere a blue can go.

Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde

Ultima Online Devotee and site VIP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

The dev team nerfed our sending bags because of gold farming scripters. They nerfed them to the point sending bags are absolutely useless. The honest population has to deal with this, while the scripter has moved on to the Painted caves, has a nice rail script that runs him out of the caves and recalls to the bank. Hes running 2-4 accounts per shard. East coast and west coast. Paging GMs does no good he is semi attended so he can respond to GMs.

Even if everyone bands together to kill him on all shards, he will just move to trammel only where he is safe from player justice.

There are 3 on Europa too, but they're not getting on too well atm.

They keep inexplicably disarming their soulseekers and dying :D

They're in Felucca. My hubby's chars have banked about 100k off them so far. Farming the farmers can be very profitable.
Posted Image

Guest_lundan_*

Guest_lundan_*
  • Guests
With my Necro Fencer I can pull 15k from the Painted Caves and have it deposited in the bank in 8 minutes. I'm sure the scripters are able to do it even more efficiently than I. It sucks not having the BoS in a useful configuration, especially in places like Ilshenar, when it's not convenient to recall to a bank, and run all the way back to where you were. If they could tweak it a bit more and find a happy medium, I could find myself using them once again.

Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde

Ultima Online Devotee and site VIP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
I can't help wondering how people think we managed before bags of sending. Fel dungeons and Ilshenar were no recall areas before the bags were in game.

I'm doing without them pretty well actually, takes a bit of thinking about but I can get stuff out of Ilshenar and Felucca dungeons without too much hassle.
Posted Image

Rowan

Rowan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Well Petra, we could recall anywhere back then and like JC said, monsters didn't drop as much gold. This guys 2nd client ran in while I was killing the one left in the caves, by the time I killed one (without a red on legends) using lurg he had manged to collect 7k already. That maybe took 2 mins?

The point is they took an easy way to fix something and it didn't work. It only hurt the normal players. I've been killing these same characters for over 2 years. First he farmed the wisps in prism. Then he moved to ice fiends now hes farming the caves. 2 years of scripting and they can't catch this guy?

Adri

Adri

Wearing metal panties in a lightning storm

• Members
  • 6,179 posts
Not adding an item is one matter. Adding the item and having everyone get used to it is another. Then adding the item, and jerking it out from underneath us like Lucy always jerked the football away from Charlie Brown in an entirely different matter too. The powers that be need to figure out how they want something to work, and make sure it is working, before adding it to the game.

GeldMacher

GeldMacher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

The point is they took an easy way to fix something and it didn't work. It only hurt the normal players. I've been killing these same characters for over 2 years. First he farmed the wisps in prism. Then he moved to ice fiends now hes farming the caves. 2 years of scripting and they can't catch this guy?

The same could be said about the resource changes that hurt all players rather then just the scripters; also the housing changes that did not just effect the scripters but all players (was trying to place a house last night in a tight spot, got frozen out after 4 tries at placing). They continue to fix the tools that scripters use, while not attacking the scripters head on.

Queen Mum

Queen Mum

A Cookie A Day Keeps The Blues Away!!!

• Members
  • 5,130 posts

...Farming the farmers can be very profitable.

:laugh: that is a funny visual :laugh: ty

*cookie hug*

Sneaky Que

Sneaky Que

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
The issue is not BOS but is the script/scripting program/scripter however the BOS nerf was a good one regardless, its nerfed LAZY players. Like the poster above said, we managed fine before BOS.

Maroite

Maroite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts
Lurg has become my best friend in Tram. We have tea parties, and he brings his little bear too! Its a great time! ;)

Also, little orange boxes are amazingly fun to jump over. Especially when you play the game of jumping over them on the ground outside the painted caves! Its too bad they block recalling though huh?

Wenchkin

Wenchkin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
I prefer the bags of sending as they are now, but I do wish a certain program would be nuked once and for all.

At the very least, that the GMs can use a disguise kit or summat rather than pop up as GM wotsisname and say "hi" - kinda hands it on a plate to the semi-attended scripters, who may well use the alarms to monitor a stack of accounts running simultaneously.

I still like Petra's system though ;)

Wenchy

Olahorand

Olahorand

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Bags of sending are not usefull any more, you see people drop full bags at the banks.
Instead of simply not allowing to send gold, so that resource hunters still have a method to send their stuff away they made them so useless besides for very special situations.
My favorite item was a stack of leather collected at my house, which I could cut in a way that the full cut stack jumped into my backpack (making my char overweight) and sent it at once. No longer possible.
And many people made an outcome on their vendors by stocking bags and powder regulary. Their business has also been killed with the nerf.
*Salute*
Olahorand

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: angry, makes