Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Turn on Tokuno Artifacts PERMANANTLY!

- - - - - artifacts permanantly tokuno turn

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

Maroite

Maroite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

In response to Tokono and Ilsh being dead - maybe its just your shards because personally on Chesapeake Im there quite often, and see people a lot. My home Guild has its base in the Tokono Islands and we run events there often - a few weeks ago we got a bunch of people together and went into the yamatso mines to tame fire beetles for people. And lately we've been doing parties for the travesty.

as for ilsh - we recently has a group there to do the spellweaving quest - and more often then not i do see people in and around gargoyle city (which is in ilsh) ALSO lately at spirituality in ilsh i have noticed more and more people coming.

so i guess its just what shard you are on and who is willing to forge ahead.

Doing Travesty or taming beetles isn't really being in Tokuno imho. You go into a dungeon where only your group can enter for Trav and you go into the mines, which for anyone without experience can be a very quick and painful journey.

I play on Baja, its crowded at times, but the spots seem to be very little where people congregate. Taking into account the size of Tokuno, and then you mentioning two rather minor places, one being a group boss dungeon, and the other being really only useful for taming beetles at reinforces my statement that Tokuno is pretty dead even on your server. How many hunting parties do you see going to the fandancers? or bake woods? In reality, besides 2 places, tokuno is a dead area but so are many other places like Limlight mentioned.

Ilsh also is a MASSIVE place, and three places were mentioned. The fact is, Ilsh and Tokuno are only used for a select specific places and the rest of the area is just empty.

It wouldn't hurt this game to make new, interesting areas more available and useful to the majority of players. It might actually breath some life back into it.

I think if the Tokuno arties dropped again, it would matter little to most people. It wouldn't even have an effect on their everyday game play. Not sure why people are opposed to it. I suppose to each their own.

I couldn't care less if they dropped or not. It would be interesting to do the spawns and to get the dyes. Oh, and you can purchase those through tokens now too, so its not like it would be stepping on anyones toes.
  • Limlight likes this

Limlight

Limlight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
I wouldnt be opposed to them implementing the dyes in loot somehow.

As those are used by everyone and they actually have a good economy effect in that they are items that will eventually get used up.
which would keep them from being over populated.

Now, if ToT items kept falling...they would be way too plentiful like Doom, arties, Marties and even worse....these virtue drops from the dungeons...
That needs to be turned off or any value these items had will go away completely.

Lord Target

Lord Target

I know I am, and so are you. Now I must throw giant waffles at y

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

I wouldnt be opposed to them implementing the dyes in loot somehow.

Well, since they did the AoS dyes in the form of slimes you could double click and use to dye cloth items (and bolts of cloth, watch out for these; they're def. not rare, the slimes were essentially dye tubs that could kill you in one shot) unlimited times (on Asian shards only) I can't see why we can't get something similar to that that only spawns in remote locations nobody ventures to normally.

That's what they did on the Asian shards, and it seemed to work quite well in promoting people to run all over the place to find the slimes. Pretty nifty concept, if you ask me, now they just need to send some of those slimes over this way.

galefan2004

galefan2004

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

I couldn't care less if they dropped or not. It would be interesting to do the spawns and to get the dyes. Oh, and you can purchase those through tokens now too, so its not like it would be stepping on anyones toes.

I'm kind of changing my stance. What I would really like to see is the mArties only dropping from the Tokuno champion. Perhaps they could introduce another Tokuno champion with different Tokuno creatures as well though.

galefan2004

galefan2004

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Now, if ToT items kept falling...they would be way too plentiful like Doom, arties, Marties and even worse....these virtue drops from the dungeons...
That needs to be turned off or any value these items had will go away completely.

They were never designed to be get rich quick items. They aren't even really designed to be rare. They are designed to give players a bonus for hunting in virtue dungeons. Its a permanant system. Its not getting turned off. IMO, that is a good thing because the Virtue dungeons were relatively empty before them. You still don't really get good loot (even with high luck) from creatures in Virtue dungeons either.

Celle

Celle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
I know I suppose to finish all the posts before I made any comments but posts after page 5 just too long for an impatient person like me to finish~~~

I understand that it is difficult for a new player to play UO (oh, I remember the day when I started my taming skill from 0 all the way up to 120, cause no one told me that I can actually "buy" skills from NPC...). But any game is like this...even the hottest game like WOW. I played WOW just over 2 years now, I never get a purple or orange...I know it is obtainable unlike tokuno arties...but hey, even it IS obtainable, I never get one, so obtainable or not..it is just the same for me...green and blue suits can still provide me good time in WOW...I can still do pvp with helps....This works in UO as well.

It is true that Tokuno items are nice...but barbed armours is also nice...some even nicer than Toku arites. For new players in need of unique items...UO always have events...like the new spring cleaning event....they surely can participate it and get the items they want. Those items would be rare shortly. At that time, those rares represnt the hard work they have done and their history of being an "old" player.

btw, the factor that kills UO, I believe a lot would agree with me, is the introduction of AOS, and that just years before the introduction of Tokuno.

Pitr

Pitr

GRI Cadet

• Members
  • 1,662 posts
Be patient... soon it will be open season on Tokuno.

It happens every year...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: artifacts, permanantly, tokuno, turn