Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Turn on Tokuno Artifacts PERMANANTLY!

- - - - - artifacts permanantly tokuno turn

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts

Right and we all earned our way by having to come up with 10 million before we could actually play the game? I don't think so. Plus, have you seen any new players earn there way lately in UO? Also, in other games such as WoW you don't exactly have to earn anything and obviously they are on to something if they have over 10 million players.

Just had to say, it doesn't take 10 million to play the game.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

galefan2004

galefan2004

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

There are many of us who think you should have to work for what you get.

So, in the spirit of working for what you get...sitting in Britian waiting for someone to come sell you an item worth 2 million for 1 million is more work than going out to spend all day killing Tokuno monsters for 1 artifact how exactly? I mean, I chain back to back Mel's...I get items that sell for much more than a ToT cost. Yet, I actually want to go get ToT myself because when that program was in the game it was some of the most fun I ever had in game.

UO is a big game....and its great....because we have communities everywhere looking to help noobies.

I disgree because I feel that you should be able to do things on your own and you should strive to do so. I would much rather not feel indebted to anyone, and I am definately not one to look for hand outs.

But you still have to be willing to work some for it.

Yes because running DH, Travesty, and Lady Mel keys back to back in order to get items and duoing the Felucca side of the invasion with a friend to get shields, swords, and mounts is just sitting on my arse at the bank in Britian. I mean, hell I don't know what working for it means if that is the case.

galefan2004

galefan2004

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

It does to have a suit worth playing with though. Unless of course you go out and get the pieces yourself and do with out in a lot of cases.

ladykolleen

ladykolleen

Original Wonder Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts
Okay so I only really read the first page of 'arguments' but in my own opinion I just have to say I agree with Dip and anyone else who says the uniqueness is what makes the game that much more fun and enjoyable. Honestly its just like they say in RL - if everyone was the same, life would be boring.

THat is the same with UO. If we were all able to 'veterans' what fun would the game be? What would you have to look forward to? I mean I took a brief hiatus from the game for about a year and half (i was pregnant and other things were more important) and i missed the whole tokono thing. I am upset only because i didnt get the chance to get any of the arties, but that is my fault not the games . . . it just gives me something to work towards. I know I want tokono dyes - so i will have to buy them - so that means i have to adventure more, earn more money and buy what i want.

That is UO.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I am Diana, Princess of the Amazons! I won't be denied! "

ladykolleen

ladykolleen

Original Wonder Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Agree. I dont think i have ever had 10 million.
and if you align yourself with the right people there is always somewhere to help you (like lim said) keep an eye open and an open mind. You have to play the game to get what you want. And most of the time when just going around the game in different aspects you'll find some awesome things.

Like with my house - i have tons of stuff that would have cost ALOT of money, but i found it on the ground or whatever - people are always dropping stuff or trading things.

Id say 1 mil would be sufficient to have a kick ass character - and that isnt hard to obtain after playing.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts

It does to have a suit worth playing with though. Unless of course you go out and get the pieces yourself and do with out in a lot of cases.

If you can't create a suit to do whatever you need to do in game without the use of a single Tokuno Arty (minor or major), then you need to do a little more research.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Limlight

Limlight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Show me one person using ranger armor (which never dropped it came from an instore promotion), pheonix armor (which never dropped it came from clean up brit event) in a suit. The difference is that ToT items are SUIT building peices and are getting harder and harder to find.

You got the point. They were only available for a short time. Like the currently attainable Knights Armor. Which is supposedly going to be usable in PvP. Yet, in 3 years...it wont be attainable. Should it start dropping?
By your logic...nothing should ever have a rarity to it.

Thanks for feeling the need to judge all others but I was never whining.

To judge all others? Nope, just judging your whining.

Right and we all earned our way by having to come up with 10 million before we could actually play the game? I don't think so. Plus, have you seen any new players earn there way lately in UO? Also, in other games such as WoW you don't exactly have to earn anything and obviously they are on to something if they have over 10 million players.

I havent seen a ton of Young players...but I see some. 10 million is not needed to play and ToT dropping isnt going to change this.

Anyone can make an account....build a tailor...by killing cows..skinning them...making armor. Or selling the hides. We were all new at some point and had to do this stuff.

You do realise everyone that has ever had to come straight out and make those comments unsolicited are normally lieing right?

Come to Atlantic ... ask anyone with a rep around. I would be one of the last people in the entire game to be accused of cheating.

Hmm this speaks highly of elitist attitude. Maybe your reason for not having ToT is that you are bennefiting highly from the fact that players have to buy them in Luna currently for 1 or 2 million a peice. BTW, having 500+ mil in 4 years is nothing to brag about. It just means you never managed to have a life in 4 years either. A keep in Felucca is 30 million if that so its also not something to brag about. It seems like all you are really braging about is the fact you chose to live your life in this game instead of looking outside of it. Good for you, but thats not an accomplishment.

1. Stone Keep on Atlantic Fel is 130-150 mil...you obviously know nothing of Atlantic UO economy.
2. I dont have a LUNA vendor...I hate vendors....I buy off them. But I hate stocking them...so no....I dont make money off players selling them.
3. Elitist? Yeah, except last I checked Elitist dont call themselves Average PvPers...I would have called myself a PvP God if I was elitist.
4. Live my life in this game? MWHAHA...
Lets see:
www.glorybasketball.com
A. Married with a nice house and 2 dogs...
B. I run a Non-profit AAU basketball program. Which travels the nation.
C. I work for a Non-Profit bank

These are not normally lifestyles off someone who lives through the game.
Actually I play in spurts. Some months I play 1-4 hours at night when my wife goes to bed. Or I play on a weekend or day off when I am at home with my dogs. I just got done playing alot as I live in MN where is snows in winter and it keeps me in doors.

Remember that judging comment? Seems to me you are the one making random judgements here. You make it sound like to succeed financially in this game you have to play 24/7.

Its not difficult. Its not my fault in random play time you cant amass as much money as I can. Or should we start a give money to gale fund. Since you seem to think anyone with more money/pixels then you must be obssessed with the game like its evercrack or something. lol

Did you miss the part where UO was a game? I mean, if I want to work you better pay me with something better than pixelated crack. If you think any suit building item should not be completely obtainable through simply going and getting it yourself then you are wrong. ToT items are suit building peices...if they were pheonix armor or ranger armor they could sit in the houses of bank sitters like yourself that feel the need to brag about how they traded their real life for this game for the last 10 years and I wouldn't say anything about them.

Bank sitter? I am in LNR. Along with HOT..one of the longest PvP related guilds in all of UO. The more you post the more confused you sound.
Guess what...the items dropped for a short time. We all knew that. Calm and Subdue are fantastic PvP weapons and I would gladly use Calm for my Tank Mage suit. It would perfect it. Shadow Artillary? The crossbow for mages that is ridiculously over-powered? Doesnt drop anymore...
Also, as mentioned earlier...the snakeskin boots and the knights armor are thought to be done after publish 53. Yet, people like you will cry for them in 30 publishes.

I never once asked for a SINGLE item. You act like you are better than everyone and can sit in judgement. You don't see me trying to judge a single person do you? I simply earned life and got my degree instead of sitting in this game for constant hours at the expense of real life. Hell, in the end I ended up a lot more ahead of the game and everything you currently have in UO I could buy in a month once I start work. So what does that say about you?

Actually, you judged me from your second paragraph. You also asked for items. Once you start work?You could buy it then?
lol...you sound like an "smart" guy.

I have been working in RL for a longtime smart guy. I would never pay RL money for pixelated items. You just took this argument to a hilarious level.
Because I am better at a easy game then you...you attempt to attack my life? Nice try sherlock.

But your attempt was an Epic Fail.

Good for you...I haven't even been able to find one recently or I wouldn't mind buying one.

I would gladly sell you a RBC for 1.5 mil

Not as much as the ability of people to sit in judgement when they absolutely don't understand where I am coming from at all. Here is a hint, it has nothing to do AT ALL with items. It has everything to do with having a reason to actually hunt in Tokuno. Tokuno is currently mostly a ghost town and during ToT people actually went there. So, you have marties (Ilsh), marties (ML), arties (Doom), arties (anti-virtue)...please explain to me why those system are in the game to promote hunting in those areas, but ToT can't promote hunting in Tokuno.

It seems Travesty is there. People go there all the time.
I see people taming Rune Beetles all the time.
Killing Fan Dancers.
You obviously live in a wierd world. Because I see people there all the time.
The bottom line is...you want to be able to get rewards you werent here for.

Why dont you take this stupid energy and put it into getting the items in the current event you will be able to have that no one else will.

Some of us actually go out and work to get those items to make all the money instead of just the profit. Thanks for admitting you are nothing but a bank sitting pos that does nothing but resell though. You my friend are the true evil of this game. Hell, I venture to say bank sitters such as yourself are the only reason I would ever support a Felucca only ruleset with no guard zones. Get out of Britian and go play the game before you complain about how others should play it please.

lol...mwahahahahhaa...that whole paragraph is so hypocritical of what you claim you are and its equally opposite of what you have been saying.
I can bank sit for 20 minutes and PvP for the other 3 hours if I damn well choose. You sir, are a complete idiot.

Do you have any idea how scummy that makes you? I mean seriously, people like you make me absolutely sick. You can sit here and judge me because I want to play the game but you can sit in Britian and buy and resell exploiting people's ignorance and that makes you 1337? In RL you would be in jail (well unless you worked for a large corporation) for unfair trade practices but that makes you cool in UO I guess....it must because you seem to enjoy bragging about it. Yet I'm a whiner and you are 1337 because when I leave the guard zone to go play the game you exploit people's weaknesses.

No, I am leet because I dont use numbers to talk. I am also leet because ALL YOUR BASE BELONG TO ME.

Arguing with you is going to go nowhere as you post like a child. You have the rants of a 5 year old. Insults left and right. It explains your gimmie, gimmie attitude.

You are the kind of person that fails at life. You scream from the mountain tops that you are being screwed. But you ignore the options before you.

You could easily buy and re-sell. I dont scam anyone. Someone sells something on a vendor or at the bank. I say...I will buy it.

I then stick it in my bank. Months down the road if I am dropping off +20's from a Champ or Hair Dye from a Mel...and someone is spamming "Paying etc...for "said item"
I walk up to them and drop it on them.

Man...what a effin scammer I am.

Maroite

Maroite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts
I got bored of the flames and stopped reading but I do have a question.

Why were the Ilsh and Tokuno spawns turned off? Did they ever drop power scrolls?

imho, I wouldn't mind seeing them turned back on. Why? Because that area of the game is completely empty and dead. No one ever goes there. Its sad. I run around Ilsh exploring and I have ran into 1 person once in the 3 months I have been back! ONE PERSON! Those areas need some life breathed into them. They could make new items for the spawns to drop as well, but I guess people would just cry about them putting in more items.

I'm not sure why people are so opposed to Tokuno Arties dropping again. In the end does it hurt anyone at all? No, well I guess it would hurt the greedy rare collector who wants the only one on the server so he can dupe it like the vine cords and sell them for 100's of millions of gold. Oops, I said it! =):eusa_eh:

Also, I think weapons/armor of runic grade should have a chance to drop off the more difficult monsters in the game. Like Balrons and Greater Dragons. There is no reason why tailors should have such a huge money making market. Its just as challenging to sit in town and skill up tailoring as it is to go out and beat stuff with a sword. The items that drop can have the same randomness as making barbed for all I care. Just give monsters a chance to drop equivalent items!

BTW, I make money off people in a similar way, its not scamming its called good business practice. Buy low, sell high. So you see something for really cheap, buy it, and then sell it for higher. I made 1.3mil off of two items this weekend. People at the bank said "buying blah blah blah" I asked how much, they said how much, I went to a vendor were it was 4x cheaper, bought it, sold it to them. Is that dirty? No, I take the time to go from vendor to vendor checking and marking items and I take the time to remember where they are. I can't help it if they don't do the same. Also, they set the price not me.

Limlight

Limlight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

BTW, I make money off people in a similar way, its not scamming its called good business practice. Buy low, sell high. So you see something for really cheap, buy it, and then sell it for higher. I made 1.3mil off of two items this weekend. People at the bank said "buying blah blah blah" I asked how much, they said how much, I went to a vendor were it was 4x cheaper, bought it, sold it to them. Is that dirty? No, I take the time to go from vendor to vendor checking and marking items and I take the time to remember where they are. I can't help it if they don't do the same. Also, they set the price not me.

EXACTLY!

Why were the Ilsh and Tokuno spawns turned off? Did they ever drop power scrolls?

I understand your point and commend you on being able to request ToT items in a respectful adult manor.

They never dropped powerscrolls and while I think that would be a bad idea to have them drop them as Felluca has that.

I do like the idea floating around about having them drop alacrity scrolls.
Alacrity scrolls would increase Illshenar activity a ton.

I still hunt there as Paragons give you a chance for marties and some of the places are great for loot there. The harpy nest is great for feathers.

The Balrons in Blood Dungeon are good for getting paragon Ballys for the Paragon chests....which is another positive of Illshenar. The paragon chests are collectable.

The bottom line is...I am not being greedy. As I have said. I was away from the game for the whole ToT event. I missed it all. I am stuck buying what I need. Thats the advantage for the people that were there during it.

Its not their fault that I wasnt around for it and they were. I shouldnt reap the benfits of their hard work during the event months later.

Not to mention, if you drop them...it will flood the market like they did with Illshenar marties...theres already too many of those around right now.

If Stormgrips were flooded in the market. They would sell for like 100k each which would make them deflate past their intended value.
I understand that the Kasa, RBC and Stormgrips are major suit builders.
But so are the Sammy helm and Heart of the Lion or Fey Leggings.

Not every suit building piece should have 1,000 of itself on the shard.

Besides....in UO's current economy. 1-2 mil isnt going to break anyones back to make. If it does....you arent paying attention.

You can make 1 mil in a day by just running through despise and looting the gold people like my guild: LNR or HOT, VIP!, UOMH dont take from the spawn. They drop 150k plus each time.

ladykolleen

ladykolleen

Original Wonder Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts
In response to Tokono and Ilsh being dead - maybe its just your shards because personally on Chesapeake Im there quite often, and see people a lot. My home Guild has its base in the Tokono Islands and we run events there often - a few weeks ago we got a bunch of people together and went into the yamatso mines to tame fire beetles for people. And lately we've been doing parties for the travesty.

as for ilsh - we recently has a group there to do the spellweaving quest - and more often then not i do see people in and around gargoyle city (which is in ilsh) ALSO lately at spirituality in ilsh i have noticed more and more people coming.

so i guess its just what shard you are on and who is willing to forge ahead.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Limlight

Limlight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
Chances are he plays a dead shard...or just logs on at the wrong times.

Because Illshenar has the dungeon with Swoop, Dreadhorn and the spiders...that place is packed 24/7 on Atlantic.

Just because the entire land isnt packed doesnt mean it isnt being used.

Not to mention...if you want to talk about dead places...check out Deciet in trammel...D-E-D...ded!

:-]

As Homer would say,....

galefan2004

galefan2004

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

If you can't create a suit to do whatever you need to do in game without the use of a single Tokuno Arty (minor or major), then you need to do a little more research.

I never said it can't be done; however, the ToT items bring a lot more to a suit then many other items do short of Doom items which is another issue that needs looked at.

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
I'm not trying to be rude galefan2004, but it really does not take much to make a suit in game that'll let you play comfortably.

If your wants for ToT to be back are so others can create suits to compete, that's just not good enough of a reason, if it's because you personally feel "left out" or personally want ToT items, then that's just too bad.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

galefan2004

galefan2004

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

You got the point. They were only available for a short time. Like the currently attainable Knights Armor. Which is supposedly going to be usable in PvP. Yet, in 3 years...it wont be attainable. Should it start dropping?
By your logic...nothing should ever have a rarity to it.

It should be hard to obtain through game play but yeah you are right I am of the opinion that NO item should ever be unobtainable in the game.

To judge all others? Nope, just judging your whining.

As I said I am not whining but think whatever you want. I mean, with all the effort that it must take you to sit at the bank in Britian or Luna and do nothing but think you should be good at thinking.

I havent seen a ton of Young players...but I see some. 10 million is not needed to play and ToT dropping isnt going to change this.

It sure the hell is to have a decent pvp suit. Some decent pvp suits are still going for 30+ mil. Some good pvp weapons go for 5+ mil. In both cases please tell me how you make a pvp suit without either getting all the items yourself (oh wait you can't because they don't even drop any longer) or paying good gold for them.

Anyone can make an account....build a tailor...by killing cows..skinning them...making armor. Or selling the hides. We were all new at some point and had to do this stuff.

I never said they couldn't. However, with the deficite in population you can't hardly find vendors anywhere any longer that sell bods, and there is a good chance that you will never get the large and smalls needed for a barbed kit on your own no matter how long you play.

Come to Atlantic ... ask anyone with a rep around. I would be one of the last people in the entire game to be accused of cheating.

Never said you cheated. I said you were bank sitting trash. You admitted to that over and over in your post, so I just pointed out that I can't stand people that spend more time in Britian or Luna buying and selling stuff in order make gold. It makes me even more angry that someone that does that complains about someone that hunts who just wants interesting reasons to hunt. Maybe ToT being turned back on isn't the best way to do this. I would settle for the new items they promised would be added to minor artifacts in Ilshenar that never were and a possible turn in system for minor artifacts.

1. Stone Keep on Atlantic Fel is 130-150 mil...you obviously know nothing of Atlantic UO economy.

Neither do I actually care.

2. I dont have a LUNA vendor...I hate vendors....I buy off them. But I hate stocking them...so no....I dont make money off players selling them.

With the ammount of time you have admitted to spending in Britian you probably don't need a vendor when you can sell directly. So that brings your 1337 total to what 550 mil. Thats $919. Thats pretty impressive, but bragging about it still just makes you look bad (especially when in 4 years you could have made a WoW account that would sell for over $1500).

3. Elitist? Yeah, except last I checked Elitist dont call themselves Average PvPers...I would have called myself a PvP God if I was elitist.

Elitest brag about how much they can possibly make in the game.

Remember that judging comment? Seems to me you are the one making random judgements here. You make it sound like to succeed financially in this game you have to play 24/7.

I never said that but thanks for thinking I did.

Its not difficult. Its not my fault in random play time you cant amass as much money as I can. Or should we start a give money to gale fund. Since you seem to think anyone with more money/pixels then you must be obssessed with the game like its evercrack or something. lol

Was this susposed to be an insult? Maybe you should save your insults for people less inteligent then you...good luck finding them. To say this again...I DON'T CARE ABOUT GOLD. I DON'T CARE ABOUT HOW MUCH GOLD YOU HAVE OR I HAVE. I DON'T CARE ABOUT HOW MUCH ITEMS COST. I do care when someone that admits to sitting at the bank and reselling crap tries to tell me that because they can exploit people that don't know what something is actually worse they have the right to tell me that I can't have fun in my game play because god forbid something be rare. ToT was a FUN event. Having it on has nothing do AT ALL with items for me. It has much more to do with having fun in the game.

Bank sitter? I am in LNR. Along with HOT..one of the longest PvP related guilds in all of UO. The more you post the more confused you sound.
Guess what...the items dropped for a short time. We all knew that. Calm and Subdue are fantastic PvP weapons and I would gladly use Calm for my Tank Mage suit. It would perfect it. Shadow Artillary? The crossbow for mages that is ridiculously over-powered? Doesnt drop anymore...
Also, as mentioned earlier...the snakeskin boots and the knights armor are thought to be done after publish 53. Yet, people like you will cry for them in 30 publishes.

I could give a crap less about pheonix armor, ranger armor, snake skin boots, knight armor, or that matter ToT (the items themselves). What I do care about is that this game has fun and interesting content in it and at the moment it just doesn't. ToT was actually a fun reason for people to go hunt and that has much more to do with me missing it then the items ever will. ToT and Champion Spawns were the only two PvM aspects of this game that the developers ever got right.

You said it yourself that you liked to sit at Britian bank and watch people come to sell you items that you knew they were getting undercut by half on. That makes you a bank sitter. I didn't call you that you did. Now you also admit to being a ganker (I'm so proud you have been in the longest running pvp guild but its probably longest running because it takes you 10 reds to kill 2 blues and because you never lose people stay in the guild).

Actually, you judged me from your second paragraph. You also asked for items. Once you start work?You could buy it then?
lol...you sound like an "smart" guy.

I have been working in RL for a longtime smart guy. I would never pay RL money for pixelated items. You just took this argument to a hilarious level.
Because I am better at a easy game then you...you attempt to attack my life? Nice try sherlock.

But your attempt was an Epic Fail.

I simply said that what you have isn't worth crap and you made it sound like you spent the last 4 years amasing it. I've never spent money on this game either. Also, for someone that spends most of their time doing non-profit (please god say its not for kids) you seem to have an attitude.

I would gladly sell you a RBC for 1.5 mil

I would gladly buy it from the person you just bought it from for 750k. Some of us are smart enough to actually check the value and don't take advantage of people that don't.

It seems Travesty is there. People go there all the time.
I see people taming Rune Beetles all the time.
Killing Fan Dancers.
You obviously live in a wierd world. Because I see people there all the time.
The bottom line is...you want to be able to get rewards you werent here for.

Actually I was here for phase 2. I had some of the most fun in the game in phase 2. When I balied on the game yet again I gave all my items away. Thanks for having the belief you know what I want though. I mean, you have nfc because I have said over and over and over and over it is NOT about the items, and you can't seem to get past the items.

Why dont you take this stupid energy and put it into getting the items in the current event you will be able to have that no one else will.

I took this stupid energy to Felucca to solo more than enough vangards. BTW, although I am getting these items I don't believe they should be rare either. They also are not worthy in putting in many suits so it doesn't bother me that they will be rare, but if these were suit building items I would be pissed that they were rare. What you and EA does not seem to get is that if you want a game to be friendly to newbies you don't start by telling them because they started a month to late that they can't have that uber item unless they are willing to spend 1-2 million they have no opportunity to get on it.

lol...mwahahahahhaa...that whole paragraph is so hypocritical of what you claim you are and its equally opposite of what you have been saying.
I can bank sit for 20 minutes and PvP for the other 3 hours if I damn well choose. You sir, are a complete idiot.

Thanks for the unsolicited judgement call. Maybe you should save those for your wife and your dogs though.

Arguing with you is going to go nowhere as you post like a child. You have the rants of a 5 year old. Insults left and right. It explains your gimmie, gimmie attitude.

Maybe its going nowhere because you can't seem to get it through your freaking head that I want NOTHING given to me. I've just played enough games to be able to know that making in game items that are usable for suit building peices rare is the stupidest mistake you can ever make. Sure, UO can differentiate itself from ALL other MMORPGs that don't do this, and that makes it unique and special, but what was already unique and special about UO is that people trash this game compared to other games. Those other games actually get new and returning players and for the most part UO does not.

You are the kind of person that fails at life. You scream from the mountain tops that you are being screwed. But you ignore the options before you.

Thanks for yet another judgement call. Actually, I go out and get what I want when I want to go get it. I already have a RBC and a Kasa. I just don't think other people should have to pay for them simply because I have something. You are the type of person that thinks that because you have something everyone else seems to want you are the only person entitled to have it. I feel that that kind of goes against your non for profit attitude.

You could easily buy and re-sell. I dont scam anyone. Someone sells something on a vendor or at the bank. I say...I will buy it.

I have more morals and values to buy and resell. Doesn't it make you feel just a little like trash when you know for a fact something is worth double what you are paying for it but you buy it from the poor dude that doesn't know what it is worth anyways then probably sell it right in front of him. Its crap like that that makes me avoid towns in this game.

I then stick it in my bank. Months down the road if I am dropping off +20's from a Champ or Hair Dye from a Mel...and someone is spamming "Paying etc...for "said item"
I walk up to them and drop it on them.

Man...what a effin scammer I am.

At least you have the decency to wait a month or two instead of selling it right in front of them, and yeah in my eyes that makes you a scammer. Let me tell you what I do when someone is coming up and trying to sell an item for way under what I know it is worth. I go up to them and tell them they are underpricing the item. In the end I feel a lot better about myself for informing someone of the actual value of the item then for buying it only to resell it. I get my gold through actually working for it instead of ganking people and sitting at the bank.

Oh wait, according to you I am a give me give me give me that does nothing in this game and wants it all given to me. The beauty is you are allowed to think whatever you want, so go ahead and do it.

galefan2004

galefan2004

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

I'm not sure why people are so opposed to Tokuno Arties dropping again. In the end does it hurt anyone at all? No, well I guess it would hurt the greedy rare collector who wants the only one on the server so he can dupe it like the vine cords and sell them for 100's of millions of gold. Oops, I said it! =):eusa_eh:

It hurts that small part of the population that hasn't unloaded the items they bought from newbies who were selling them for 100k back in the day. If those people can't make 2 million on the items then then they need to complain about it and insult anyone who thinks that making money on rares is crap.

Also, I think weapons/armor of runic grade should have a chance to drop off the more difficult monsters in the game. Like Balrons and Greater Dragons. There is no reason why tailors should have such a huge money making market. Its just as challenging to sit in town and skill up tailoring as it is to go out and beat stuff with a sword. The items that drop can have the same randomness as making barbed for all I care. Just give monsters a chance to drop equivalent items!

Buffing crafting to where it made items that were better than what monsters drop was one of the stupidest things EA has ever done.

I don't have real issues with people that buy low and sell high when it is done through vendors; however, the poster mentioned how he sits at the bank and does this, and I have an issue with bank sitters in general. That doesn't mean that bank sitting isn't a perfectly acceptable way of life, but it just upsets me when people do it.

galefan2004

galefan2004

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

If Stormgrips were flooded in the market. They would sell for like 100k each which would make them deflate past their intended value.

I don't believe that ANY suit item should sell for more than 100k. That includes doom, crafted, tot, or any other peice of AoS pixelated crap. I'm old school UO and back in the day nothing worth buying for a suit sold for more than 100k. That would be an ideal for me, and yes I'm willing to take less gold for the items I bring in and I bring in plenty of items.

I understand that the Kasa, RBC and Stormgrips are major suit builders.
But so are the Sammy helm and Heart of the Lion or Fey Leggings.

Sammy helm is 250k if that. It also has been introduced back into the game through 8th age tokens and heritage tokens. That means that it is consistently introduced back into the game. I have NO PROBLEM buying items. The problem is (maybe you don't face the problem on Atlantic) that you can't really find any of the ToT items on LS anymore unless you know someone that has one. The other two items are still obtainable in game. You seem to be making my point for me...ALL ITEMS THAT ARE SUIT BUILDERS SHOULD BE OBTAINABLE IN GAME.

Not every suit building piece should have 1,000 of itself on the shard.

No one has ever said it should. However, they shouldn't be so rare that the only people that still have them are selling them for cash instead of gold.

Limlight

Limlight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
All items should be 100k or less for building suits? lol

Bank sitter?

I said I have sat at the bank before.

I bet you never go there and say anything.

Seriously, arguing with you is like arguing with a 5 year old.

Obviously my non-profit is kids. Its a basketball team I coach. Which last I checked....is kids.

You sir, are a complete moron.

You say you dont want things handed to you. Yet, all your posts scream of gimmie, gimmie, gimmie.

You want items that others worked hard for available to you.

If you havent figured it out by now. This game rewards people that have been around keeping it funded for a long time.

Face the music....some items are rare. WTF is your problem.

You keep taking jabs at me...yet your entire post is the whining gibberish you always here from noobies who want to log on and be able to be like a 10 year vet in month 2.

Your entire logic is lacking...and you have carried it over into other threads.

You obviously want the playing field to be completely level 24/7 at all times.

If every item in this game was to cost 100k or less...this economy would be so screwed it wouldnt even be funny.

Amassing gold in this game isnt hard.

Bottom line is you need to realize sometimes items become rare in this game. I am done ranting with you. Respond if you wish. But I am not posting in this thread again. As you really do have the mental capacity of a 5 year old.

Pitr

Pitr

GRI Cadet

• Members
  • 1,662 posts
first, it is permanently...

Tokuno treasures always start near September/October... wait and enjoy UO.

PVP: most, if not everyone, of the major pvp players cheats.

Do respect your fellow posters/players... even if their thought process is slower or different... we are all here to learn and improve UO... together.

Cya in game, come visit us on Catskills.

elffyb

elffyb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

first, it is permanently...

Tokuno treasures always start near September/October... wait and enjoy UO.

What does this mean exactly, can you give a little more detail on that?

Pitr

Pitr

GRI Cadet

• Members
  • 1,662 posts
It is reactivated every year.

so just wait...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: artifacts, permanantly, tokuno, turn