Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Turn on Tokuno Artifacts PERMANANTLY!

- - - - - artifacts permanantly tokuno turn

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

galefan2004

galefan2004

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Sooooooo.... if I don't have a Tailor, I should be able to obtain Tailored items without buying from a Tailor?

You can MAKE a tailor. You can not make a Tokuno Artifact.

Everything has a price, whether it be gold, time, or whatever. IF you want an item badly enough, you will do whatever it takes to get the item.

Or you will come to the conclusion that any game that has items you can't even get on your own is not worth your time and go back to playing WoW.

If you want a Power Scroll, you have 2 options, do a Fel Champ Spawn, or buy one from another player.

Exactly, and I am the type of person that will chose going to Felucca. I am not the type of person that will pay an insane ammount of gold to another player for ANY item. I simply do without or go get it myself.

If you want a Tokuno Arty, you have 2 options, kill someone with it and hope they didn't insure it, or buy one from another player.

So, you don't want to have people be able to get them legitimately, but you have no problem screwing people over to get them, but you think that is ok because you are some big bad Felucca red and that somehow makes you better than me. If you really want to go there, Trammelites are what keep the money coming into this game so players like you can have their Felucca ghost land to play around in.

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts

I don't need a reward for doing something other than fun, but unless you can make the arguement that those spawns are soloable then please tell me how I would get enough players interested in them just for fun.

Yes, they can be soloed. If you can't find anyone to do it with you, you aren't looking enough. There are others out there that play the game for fun and not trinkets/items/rewards.

I don't agree because I feel that most PvM oriented guilds never step foot in Felucca. I have beaten to death the fact that champion spawns shouldn't be in Felucca at all, so I really don't want to get into it other than saying the way to add to PvP in UO was not to force players to PvM in PvP areas. Although, in my day I have had a crap load of fun in Felucca doing those spawns, so I have come to accept them as being there, and yes the PvP aspect does heighten the fun.

We had a guild on LA (UO:F) and did exactly what Merth said. Although we split before really getting into the Fel side, we had started to, but practiced on the Ilsh Champs first.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

merth

merth

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,493 posts
So Gale what all these threads boil down to is you are a returning vet that wants what all the vets that stayed here have and since you cant get it without shelling out the dough you are po'ed about it?

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts

You can MAKE a tailor. You can not make a Tokuno Artifact.

But you can make gold to buy a Tokuno Artifact.

Or you will come to the conclusion that any game that has items you can't even get on your own is not worth your time and go back to playing WoW.

Personal opinion. I haven't ran across many others (actually, you are the first) that complained about Tokuno Arties.

Exactly, and I am the type of person that will chose going to Felucca. I am not the type of person that will pay an insane ammount of gold to another player for ANY item. I simply do without or go get it myself.

Good, that's what I do too. If I can't get it, I do without also.

So, you don't want to have people be able to get them legitimately, but you have no problem screwing people over to get them, but you think that is ok because you are some big bad Felucca red and that somehow makes you better than me. If you really want to go there, Trammelites are what keep the money coming into this game so players like you can have their Felucca ghost land to play around in.

=) It's good to know you can tell I enjoy my time in Felucca. But that isn't the issue here, nor is Trammelites keeping the money coming.

I roamed Fel without much, I grew up on my own there. My first "PvP" suit would make even the Trammiest Trammelite laugh.

I was never a big bad red, I just had fun, with or without Tokuno Items.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

MalagAste

MalagAste

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

So Gale what all these threads boil down to is you are a returning vet that wants what all the vets that stayed here have and since you cant get it without shelling out the dough you are po'ed about it?

But your forgetting the new player... if UO is to continue it must eventually get new players... and in order to attract and keep new players... then UO needs to keep things attainable......

There is an issue with supply and demand..... another thing that keeping the Tokuno arties out of circulation does is encourage dupers to create supply for the demand...... keeping them attainable by IN GAME real means removes the incentive to create them through more unscrupulous ones.... That is one VERY important lesson I think many people forget or do not concider.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

galefan2004

galefan2004

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
You also started in 1999. When I started in 2000 I wasn't exactly worried about items either. I was in Felucca quite a few times on characters that never had pimped suits. I was in Felucca on toons that didn't have Tokuno Artifacts. I also had a mage that had a 10 million gold (or more) suit that I made in the time that Tokuno Artifacts were not turned on (I bought SOP, RBC, and KOR).

However, when they turned back on Treasures of Tokuno, Tokuno was just so much more fun. I actually loved doing Tokuno Champion Spawns and hunting for minors. I would just like to get back some of that fun again. I also have a fear that if you want to make the arguement that you can just buy these items now then what happens when these items are no longer purchasable. If everyone that makes a new character buys these items for their suit then it is going to be pretty hard to find them.

I don't even necessarily mind paying 1 million gold for these items. I can make over 1 million gold in a day. I would just like to be able to actually fight and earn these items instead of buying them from other players.

galefan2004

galefan2004

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Not at all. I can shell out the gold for it. Gold income has NOTHING to do with it. I can make over a million a day and when I came back to play on LS I had over 30 million gold to spend and I did so (I actually bought many of the items you accuse me of being upset about not being able to buy).

What this all boils down to is I am a returning veteran that is pissed off that events that add fun to the game (I had an ABSOLUTE BLAST during Tokuno Artifact Phase 2) were turned off. Its more about the fun of getting these items then the actual items themselves. Farming back to back Miasmas to get gold with my almost completed greater dragon is fast enough to buy almost any item I actually want after a week. The thing is, this gets boring just as fast, and I don't understand why a system that added fun to my game play had to be turned off.

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
What's the difference between killing critters for Tokuno Arties opposed to killing critters for gold to purchase Tokuno Arties?

And when you bring up "what happens when there are no more left to buy?", all I can say is "good".

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

merth

merth

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,493 posts
ahhh a much better argument imo. turn back on fun spawns with interesting and usable rewards. This I can agree to :)

galefan2004

galefan2004

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

ahhh a much better argument imo. turn back on fun spawns with interesting and usable rewards. This I can agree to :)

Hell they don't even have to be Tokuno Artifacts. Just give me an actual reason to log in and go hunt other than farming for gold. Gold farming just gets boring. I like seeing interesting items appear in my back pack much more than I like seeing gold. They could simply improve the Ilshenar Artifacts (where are the new artifacts they promised to add and when are they going to take the trash ones out) and ML Artifacts (they are rather good with few bad ones but some of them could be trashed and I would like to see some more items added in).

The arguement boils down to the fact that I want to work hard to build a suit for myself. I want to be able to look back and see when I got this item and that item. I hate buying items because I would rather get them myself. I actually enjoy PvM. I also enjoy PvP. I don't like the fact that PvP has become all about the suit and because of the disparity of items you have to grind gold as your only way of building a suit and that bothers me.

merth

merth

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,493 posts
pvp also all about the third party apps and speed hacks :P

galefan2004

galefan2004

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

pvp also all about the third party apps and speed hacks :P

The funny thing here is that everyone claims that but no one has proven it. I mean no offense, but I think it is easier to say that you lost to a hack then that you lost to someone that was simply on a better computer, a better conection, or a better skill level than you. I'm not saying that the hacks don't exist, but I don't beleive they are as wide spread as people have said they are for years. Ideally there would be no hacks. The developers seem to be clueless about how to fix hacks. I propose they just make all the hacks legal and just let everyone compete on the same level as long as those hacks are doing harm to the client (in which case perma bans are the answer).

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
No proof to speedhacking?

It's easily visible in game and there's no comparison to having a better/worse connection.

Other 3rd party programs have been in use forever and "proven" to work for those that use them.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

galefan2004

galefan2004

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

No proof to speedhacking?

YouTube - Ultima Online Cheat Engine Testing

It's easily visible in game and there's no comparison to having a better/worse connection.

Other 3rd party programs have been in use forever and "proven" to work for those that use them.

Please tell me how that shows speed hacking at all. I have never speed hacked and I still normally out run almost everyone that is trying to chase me. Its called having a good computer and a fast connection. People like thinking they can compete without having a decent set up and that just ends up screwing them in the end. I have never been out ran in PvP...I have always been able to run screens ahead of people. I have also always played this game with a good connection and a PC that is far above UO standards.

Limlight

Limlight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
This thread is rather ridiculous.

1. Anyone can make a tailor...you can even get to 120 tailoring on strictly Oil cloths now too...so dont tell me its too hard to make.

2. Tokuno Arties dropped for a small time...
Same as Ranger Armor, Phoenix Armor...event items...etc etc..only were available for a short time.
Subdue, Calm...etc....

The bottom line is this:

Stop whining.
New players?
We were all new players at one time for Petes sake. We had to earn our way.
I dont speedhack...I dont cheat..I dont scam...and I am only average at PvP.

I even took 1 year off from UO and shut my account down and when I came back..all my characters were still here. I was under the impression everything went *poof*. I started again from scratch.

Here I am, 4 years later.
Stone Keep in Fel. 500+ mil in the bank.
Thousands of arties, marties, +20 scrolls..

Why?

Work and the help of a guild like LNR.
But the key word there is WORK!

You act like a noobie coming back should have everything handed to him.
I was away for the Tokuno event. You dont hear me whining "give me arties"
I earned gold and bought the Grips I needed...heck...they arent even that expensive...

I bought a RBC last night for 1 mil.

Seriously, sometimes the people in this game amaze me with their ability to whine over the smallest things.

Making money in UO is easy. Even a complete idiot can sit at brit bank and get an idea of prices and then buy the "deals" that pop up and re-sell them for profit.
Its not un-common at all to be sitting at Brit Bank and see a guy spamming "Selling (insert item here) for 1 million".
Then buy it and re-sell it 5 minutes later to the next joe schmoe that runs into the bank and says "paying 2 mil for (previous item mentioned)"

I see the above scenario daily in UO.

Limlight

Limlight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
"The funny thing here is that everyone claims that but no one has proven it."

No offense...but you and a few other people seem to either:

A. never played on ATL
B. run into a large PvP oriented guild

Go to HOT boards, SX boards...look at the screenshots...

When you notice 99% of them have CheatEngine/Razor in their screenshots...thats more then enough proof.

Also...regardless of computer speed....you can tell a hack from enhanced computer..

If you are fast from connection...then you run over every single tile...

But some people literally jump tiles while running (aka...speedhacking)

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts

Please tell me how that shows speed hacking at all. I have never speed hacked and I still normally out run almost everyone that is trying to chase me. Its called having a good computer and a fast connection. People like thinking they can compete without having a decent set up and that just ends up screwing them in the end. I have never been out ran in PvP...I have always been able to run screens ahead of people. I have also always played this game with a good connection and a PC that is far above UO standards.

I will admit, I had a crappy connection most the time, but still competed and killed many cheaters (speedhackers, other 3rd party program users) and a lot of my problem WAS my connection.

It's not hard to tell the difference though.

In that vid shown, you're going to tell me that everyone else involved in the "race" had the exact same connection while the one that "jumps" ahead had that much better of a connection?

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Calell

Calell

Red-Headed Stepchild

• Members
  • 2,245 posts
I think Lim hit on a very important point: while guilds and people have tried to 'help' new people and players and think they're doing this major good, it has created a 'gimme' playerbase where everyone thinks it's theirs, should be theirs, etc, and shouldn't have to do anything to get it. I miss the UO of old where there was no insurance and you had to have player interaction or good chars of your own just to compete. I guess I'm in the minority now :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks Nev!

Limlight

Limlight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
Not the minority Calell.

There are many of us who think you should have to work for what you get.

But theres always people to help you.

For example. If you joined LNR on Atlantic....we have people who can help with armor and weapons.

We let people have whatever +15 Powerscrolls they need for any of their chars for free. Then we obviously roll for any 20's.

But a brand new player could get his skill max set in every skill possible to 115 easily with a fel based guild.

Then theres trammel based guilds like UWF that will help out noobies with equipment and hunts.

UO is a big game....and its great....because we have communities everywhere looking to help noobies.

But you still have to be willing to work some for it.

You arent going to join a guild and get a bag with 20 million checks in it as a welcoming gift.

galefan2004

galefan2004

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

2. Tokuno Arties dropped for a small time...
Same as Ranger Armor, Phoenix Armor...event items...etc etc..only were available for a short time.
Subdue, Calm...etc....

Show me one person using ranger armor (which never dropped it came from an instore promotion), pheonix armor (which never dropped it came from clean up brit event) in a suit. The difference is that ToT items are SUIT building peices and are getting harder and harder to find.

Stop whining.

Thanks for feeling the need to judge all others but I was never whining.

New players?
We were all new players at one time for Petes sake. We had to earn our way.

Right and we all earned our way by having to come up with 10 million before we could actually play the game? I don't think so. Plus, have you seen any new players earn there way lately in UO? Also, in other games such as WoW you don't exactly have to earn anything and obviously they are on to something if they have over 10 million players.

I dont speedhack...I dont cheat..I dont scam...and I am only average at PvP.

You do realise everyone that has ever had to come straight out and make those comments unsolicited are normally lieing right?

I even took 1 year off from UO and shut my account down and when I came back..all my characters were still here. I was under the impression everything went *poof*. I started again from scratch.

Good for you.

Here I am, 4 years later.
Stone Keep in Fel. 500+ mil in the bank.
Thousands of arties, marties, +20 scrolls..

Hmm this speaks highly of elitist attitude. Maybe your reason for not having ToT is that you are bennefiting highly from the fact that players have to buy them in Luna currently for 1 or 2 million a peice. BTW, having 500+ mil in 4 years is nothing to brag about. It just means you never managed to have a life in 4 years either. A keep in Felucca is 30 million if that so its also not something to brag about. It seems like all you are really braging about is the fact you chose to live your life in this game instead of looking outside of it. Good for you, but thats not an accomplishment.

Why?

Work and the help of a guild like LNR.
But the key word there is WORK!

Did you miss the part where UO was a game? I mean, if I want to work you better pay me with something better than pixelated crack. If you think any suit building item should not be completely obtainable through simply going and getting it yourself then you are wrong. ToT items are suit building peices...if they were pheonix armor or ranger armor they could sit in the houses of bank sitters like yourself that feel the need to brag about how they traded their real life for this game for the last 10 years and I wouldn't say anything about them.

You act like a noobie coming back should have everything handed to him.
I was away for the Tokuno event. You dont hear me whining "give me arties"
I earned gold and bought the Grips I needed...heck...they arent even that expensive...

I never once asked for a SINGLE item. You act like you are better than everyone and can sit in judgement. You don't see me trying to judge a single person do you? I simply earned life and got my degree instead of sitting in this game for constant hours at the expense of real life. Hell, in the end I ended up a lot more ahead of the game and everything you currently have in UO I could buy in a month once I start work. So what does that say about you?

I bought a RBC last night for 1 mil.

Good for you...I haven't even been able to find one recently or I wouldn't mind buying one.

Seriously, sometimes the people in this game amaze me with their ability to whine over the smallest things.

Not as much as the ability of people to sit in judgement when they absolutely don't understand where I am coming from at all. Here is a hint, it has nothing to do AT ALL with items. It has everything to do with having a reason to actually hunt in Tokuno. Tokuno is currently mostly a ghost town and during ToT people actually went there. So, you have marties (Ilsh), marties (ML), arties (Doom), arties (anti-virtue)...please explain to me why those system are in the game to promote hunting in those areas, but ToT can't promote hunting in Tokuno.

Making money in UO is easy. Even a complete idiot can sit at brit bank and get an idea of prices and then buy the "deals" that pop up and re-sell them for profit.

Some of us actually go out and work to get those items to make all the money instead of just the profit. Thanks for admitting you are nothing but a bank sitting pos that does nothing but resell though. You my friend are the true evil of this game. Hell, I venture to say bank sitters such as yourself are the only reason I would ever support a Felucca only ruleset with no guard zones. Get out of Britian and go play the game before you complain about how others should play it please.

Its not un-common at all to be sitting at Brit Bank and see a guy spamming "Selling (insert item here) for 1 million".
Then buy it and re-sell it 5 minutes later to the next joe schmoe that runs into the bank and says "paying 2 mil for (previous item mentioned)"

Do you have any idea how scummy that makes you? I mean seriously, people like you make me absolutely sick. You can sit here and judge me because I want to play the game but you can sit in Britian and buy and resell exploiting people's ignorance and that makes you 1337? In RL you would be in jail (well unless you worked for a large corporation) for unfair trade practices but that makes you cool in UO I guess....it must because you seem to enjoy bragging about it. Yet I'm a whiner and you are 1337 because when I leave the guard zone to go play the game you exploit people's weaknesses.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: artifacts, permanantly, tokuno, turn