Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Turn on Tokuno Artifacts PERMANANTLY!

- - - - - artifacts permanantly tokuno turn

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

galefan2004

galefan2004

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
I am a huge believer that anything that bennefits game play should be obtainable through the game via normal game play. The same should be true of Tokuno Artifacts, but unfortunately it is not. Tokuno Artifacts should be a permanant system. That does not mean that they need to bring back the dyes, but the should at least bring back the items.

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
I can't agree with that.

There are many reasons why MMOs differ from SPGs (single player games). One of those reasons is the atmosphere of a "living world" which has a start, but no finish. No "going back" to a certain level (or "time" in game). No hitting the reset 'cause you forgot to hold on to a certain item or missed a portion of the game that you can't get back to.

Or, more importantly to anyone that was involved, it takes away from the "History".

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

galefan2004

galefan2004

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
You can not get new players interested in a game by telling them that they need to come up with 1 million gold to get an item that isn't worth 1 million gold because EA was to ignorant to realise that when you place suit making items into a game and remove them you are not acting in the best interests of the players. Those that worked the system would still have access to dyes that were unique (oh wait dyes were added back in through tokens).

No other game has "unique" suit items that are no longer obtainable in the game. WoW still has everything in the game obtainable through normal game play. I really don't care about the uniqueness of what players experienced as history. What I care about is getting suit pieces through normal game play and with the greatness of many of those pieces you honestly can not argue that they should not be obtainable through in game activity.

I am not necessarily saying they should use the same system though. I would personally love to see a purpose for Tokuno champion spawn sites, and I would love to see the Tokuno Artifacts implimented into that system.

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Ok, let's make UO like every other game out there.

Oh wait, there's a reason why people who like UO utterly LOVE it, because it's NOT like every other game out there.

I really don't care about the uniqueness of what players experienced as history.

That tells me a lot more than the rest of your post.

I would personally love to see a purpose for Tokuno champion spawn sites

It already has a purpose, it's just like the Ilsh champ spawn sites.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

merth

merth

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,493 posts
Gonna have to agree with Dip here@! Uniqueness and History are what makes this game exactly that ...unique!

galefan2004

galefan2004

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Ok, let's make UO like every other game out there.

Oh wait, there's a reason why people who like UO utterly LOVE it, because it's NOT like every other game out there.

There is also a reason UO is dieing. That reason is because it is not willing to learn from its own mistakes like every other game has.

That tells me a lot more than the rest of your post.

Please tell me why those players should have a unique past from the rest of the player base. If I wanted to play in a game where everyone was unequal based on mistakes made by development (like making items unobtainable through normal game play that others obtained through normal game play) then I would play real life. This is a game, if you want unique history then you have it from what you bring to the game not from what you take away from the game.

It already has a purpose, it's just like the Ilsh champ spawn sites.

Which exist to do what? Look pretty? Those never had a purpose either. There is absolutely no reason to work champion spawn sites outside of Felucca. This game has been become about work versus reward. If you do not like that then that could be bad on you because there is no denying it is fact. There is no reason to put the work into those spawns because there is jack for reward, if they added an artifact system to those champion spawn sites it would give people a reason to actually work them.

galefan2004

galefan2004

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Gonna have to agree with Dip here@! Uniqueness and History are what makes this game exactly that ...unique!

Unique with no players is not better than semi-unique but actually attracting a player base outside of the veterans that have played the game for years.

Also, I have no issues with unique items in the game that are not part of suits. I would perfer that those items were not in the game. I believe all items in the game should be obtainable through normal game play, but I have made peace with items that aren't greatly benneficial to players. However, in the case of items that have a great ammount of use to the players, those items should be obtainable through normal game play.

merth

merth

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,493 posts
its really a pointless argument Devs arent going to do anything about it. UO has many reasons why it is dying, taking these arties away from vets who worked hard to get them will just lose more players. This "minor" argument wont make or break UO either way.

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts

There is also a reason UO is dieing. That reason is because it is not willing to learn from its own mistakes like every other game has.

Can't argue with that. We just see different mistakes that need to be learned from.

Please tell me why those players should have a unique past from the rest of the player base. If I wanted to play in a game where everyone was unequal based on mistakes made by development (like making items unobtainable through normal game play that others obtained through normal game play) then I would play real life. This is a game, if you want unique history then you have it from what you bring to the game not from what you take away from the game.

Once again, it's one of the things that makes UO different from the other games. I had no problem with the way UO was with item rarity and I started playing UO in 2004. What's wrong with taking uniqueness out of a game, and let me remind you it is a game, that you "choose to play", not "choose how it works".

Which exist to do what? Look pretty? Those never had a purpose either. There is absolutely no reason to work champion spawn sites outside of Felucca. This game has been become about work versus reward. If you do not like that then that could be bad on you because there is no denying it is fact. There is no reason to put the work into those spawns because there is jack for reward, if they added an artifact system to those champion spawn sites it would give people a reason to actually work them.

Well, atleast you understand the "putting in work" for something in game part. But just because you don't feel as if the "work" you put in is worth the "reward" you get, then all I gotta say is, don't do the "work".

I thought this was a game, that you "play"?

Ilsh & Tokuno Champ Spawns drop roughly 150k gold, there's your reward.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

galefan2004

galefan2004

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

its really a pointless argument Devs arent going to do anything about it. UO has many reasons why it is dying, taking these arties away from vets who worked hard to get them will just lose more players. This "minor" argument wont make or break UO either way.

I don't at all agree. I don't think anyone would leave the game because Tokuno Artifacts were obtainable again. The last time they turned Tokuno Artifacts back on the player base activity actually increased. I was there at the time fighting in Tokuno for the surprise of getting reasonable items. So, I guess that makes me one of those vets that "worked hard" (give me a break there is absolutely NOTHING hard about logging in every hour to kill 2-3 dread spiders for a minor artifact and getting 1 artifact a day so I have no clue what you are talking about).

No, but the compound of systems that screw newer players at the expense of bettering veteran players is never going to make anyone interested in UO. There are players that still play Shining Force and Final Fantasy consistently (so please don't try to tell me what is killing UO is the graphics). WoW has as many or more bugs then UO but people still flock to it.

galefan2004

galefan2004

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Ilsh & Tokuno Champ Spawns drop roughly 150k gold, there's your reward.

I can make 150k in about 2 hours without having to play with others. I know, that is probably another thing that you and I disagree on. For me, UO is the ultimate solo player game. It adds new content often, it never really expires, I can do lots of different things, its unbeatable, and I have an always changing game experience (which I would like to include reasons to hunt in many different lands...without Tokuno Artifacts in the game Tokuno is a ghostland just like Malas).

merth

merth

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,493 posts
actually i was referring to the vets that had to save up enough gp to buy them after the were turned off...no event put on by Uo has been hard at the time to get whatever. And Im not really sure how new players are getting screwed unless what you mean is every player should be equal. I played since 99 and there was always someone "better" or had more than me that I tried to emulate or at least looked up to and gave me incentive to play hard, even watching a gm tamer tame a dragon was exciting and I just had to learn how. And just about every mmo I have ever played made it easy for vets to get stuffs that newbs couldnt.

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts

I can make 150k in about 2 hours without having to play with others. I know, that is probably another thing that you and I disagree on. For me, UO is the ultimate solo player game. It adds new content often, it never really expires, I can do lots of different things, its unbeatable, and I have an always changing game experience (which I would like to include reasons to hunt in many different lands...without Tokuno Artifacts in the game Tokuno is a ghostland just like Malas).

No, I can agree with being able to make 150k in 2 hours, I made that in less time. It's all about what you get out of it, if you don't like the way something works, there always something else you can do.

I still did Ilsh Champ Spawns for fun. That's it, just fun.

If you need a reward for doing something to make it fun, then I guess those spawns aren't for you.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

merth

merth

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,493 posts
another reason for doing Ilsh champ spawns is for grps to tune up on before hitting Fel ones

merth

merth

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,493 posts
and if we are specifically talking money my miner can make 150k in 2 hours :P

MalagAste

MalagAste

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
I think and I still believe that they should leave the Tokuno arti's on..... Just like the 10th anniversary items they should be available to new and returning players..... It's not about rares.... if the items were meant to be rare then they shouldn't be created to be so useful... the trouble with the tokuno arties is that they create balance issues. Keeping them available continues to create balance...... Hey I don't care if not everyone can have a mounted pixie in their house..... that doesn't effect their ability to hunt and fight and arm themselves...... Keeping the Tokuno arties out of reach of new and returning players does......

There is a fine line between keeping things RARE and making the game an irritation to those who would try it out...... Rare items should not effect game play.... Take the recent Vine Cord Sandle issue.... this in unbalancing..... and should not be allowed.... One rare item that gives others a major advantage over others isn't helpful..... and I don't want to hear any whinning about how someone could buy a Barbed kit for 2 million and make their own......Not to mention many of the mods found on arties are not possible through the barbed armour... first off they would have to 120 a tailor...... at the bare minimum GM...... then there is working up to get the gold to afford a barbed kit..... or 24/7 farming of bods to actually get the bods needed to get a barbed kit...... what a bunch of folk forget is NOT everyone has a tailor..... not everyone has 20 million gold to play around with... and not everyone has 40+ hours a week to play UO..... Keeping items attainable when they are so very very useful is important....

I for one if I had to start from scratch would be hard pressed to do so... sure one can "get by" but for how long are you gonna want to stay at a game where you just "get by"? While everyone around you has so much.... Wouldn't be really appealing....

I still recall when I first began playing UO.... it was just a few months after Ren. came out.... I played for almost a year when it finally occured to me that I would NEVER be able to own a home.... Homes never fell..... and folk only sold the smallest of plots for upwards of 5 million gold!... I worked months and months and never had more than 100k..... It took me ages before I finally was able to purchase a tiny small tower... There are dozens of plot spaces available now... however those starting now soon realize that they can not compete litterally with the range of armour and weapons that Vets have....

I know I help new and returning characters all the time..... their chief complaint is they will never have the right stuff to compete.... When they ask me how I get some of the artifacts I wear they are saddened....

Now one thing I can say about the concideration of turning it on full time would be the drop rate would have to be conciderablly lowered.....

As far as the Tokuno champ..... Personally I wish they would add something like scrolls of alacrity to it..... and perhaps make the old good tokuno dyes a rare chance much like getting a crimmy at a peerless.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

galefan2004

galefan2004

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

actually i was referring to the vets that had to save up enough gp to buy them after the were turned off...no event put on by Uo has been hard at the time to get whatever. And Im not really sure how new players are getting screwed unless what you mean is every player should be equal. I played since 99 and there was always someone "better" or had more than me that I tried to emulate or at least looked up to and gave me incentive to play hard, even watching a gm tamer tame a dragon was exciting and I just had to learn how. And just about every mmo I have ever played made it easy for vets to get stuffs that newbs couldnt.

I agree with you that someone always has more than others. Those are people to emulate. However, I believe that players should be able to get there on there own and the systems should be in place to get them there. I'm not saying that they should just give away Tokuno Artifacts and Veteran Rewards. What I am saying is that they should be obtainable through WORKING FOR THEM instead of buying them. You should be able to get every item in this game by putting in the work needed to get it instead of having to buy a veteran account in order to have access to an etheral mount (for example).

Also, I was one of those players that had to spend gold on the items. I recently bought a SOP and I spent over 10 million gold on my mage's suit a few years ago before I bailed on the game after giving every single item I had to other players including dropping my house to go play WoW.

I don't believe that EA should have EVER turned off Tokuno Artifacts. It was inapropriate to ever have this system be temporary. Unforunately, you can not go back and change what has happened. You can only move on, and in the spirit of doing so you need to start trying to even out issues that seperate the player base through systems.

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Sooooooo.... if I don't have a Tailor, I should be able to obtain Tailored items without buying from a Tailor?

Everything has a price, whether it be gold, time, or whatever. IF you want an item badly enough, you will do whatever it takes to get the item.

If you want a Power Scroll, you have 2 options, do a Fel Champ Spawn, or buy one from another player.

If you want a Tokuno Arty, you have 2 options, kill someone with it and hope they didn't insure it, or buy one from another player.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

galefan2004

galefan2004

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

No, I can agree with being able to make 150k in 2 hours, I made that in less time. It's all about what you get out of it, if you don't like the way something works, there always something else you can do.

I still did Ilsh Champ Spawns for fun. That's it, just fun.

If you need a reward for doing something to make it fun, then I guess those spawns aren't for you.

I don't need a reward for doing something other than fun, but unless you can make the arguement that those spawns are soloable then please tell me how I would get enough players interested in them just for fun.

galefan2004

galefan2004

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

another reason for doing Ilsh champ spawns is for grps to tune up on before hitting Fel ones

I don't agree because I feel that most PvM oriented guilds never step foot in Felucca. I have beaten to death the fact that champion spawns shouldn't be in Felucca at all, so I really don't want to get into it other than saying the way to add to PvP in UO was not to force players to PvM in PvP areas. Although, in my day I have had a crap load of fun in Felucca doing those spawns, so I have come to accept them as being there, and yes the PvP aspect does heighten the fun.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: artifacts, permanantly, tokuno, turn