Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Some thoughts on Fixing UO Customer Service

- - - - - customer fixing service thoughts uo

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Jirel of Joiry

Jirel of Joiry

Yes, I am a Blonde!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationMinion Island
I been think about this alot since Stratics unfortunate outage and the relative slowness of UO/EA communication.

Also the general lack of communication with EA/UO staff. I mean GMs will hardly talk to except for those dang automated messages we all despise. There's NO way to get someone if you have a real problem or issue.

Well instead of bashing I want to be part of the solution I want us to come up with some good ideas to fix customer service, then I will take these ideas and present them to Jeremy and Co. at the Town Hall in Austin! Shoot I'll borrow a laptop and present them with a impressive Power point presentation if I have to!

I firmly believe that by fixing customer service it will increase subscriptions and will bring The old time vets BACK TO UO!!

Customer service is the number one complaint I here from every player. So let start coming up with some very good ideas for fixing UO customer service!

Littleblue

Littleblue

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
Perhaps there could be a system implemented by which experienced players could volunteer to answer general gameplay questions that could be sent to a Help queue specifically set up for that purpose. The volunteers wouldn't need any special powers like GMs, just the ability to recall to the player's location that requested help.

Maybe it could be used for the pages that usually just get an automated message with a web link. A searchable database could also be set up for the volunteers to access for answers. I'm sure a new player having problems would really appreciate someone appearing to help them.
I think just having someone actually show up when you have trouble in-game would help alot. A little personal attention goes a long way. :)

~ Sorry if this has already been proposed before, or even implemented for a short time. I've been away from the game for quite sometime, but am happy to be back! ~

Flames

Flames

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
Maybe this is the problem....

Noxins.net - GMs will give you nightmares!

Can you even fix that??? :silent:
Posted Image

Shannara

Shannara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
They used to have that system but then the volunteer's started complaining and sued for work w/o pay :( unfortunately that f'd i think any chance of them doing a volunteer system again. Though i think that would definately help. Im up for it though i could do 2-3 hours of help a night

Lycanthropy

Lycanthropy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts
I see, I see. Only bad thing would be crooked EMs who make items that mess things up later on.

Jirel of Joiry

Jirel of Joiry

Yes, I am a Blonde!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationMinion Island

Can you even fix that??? :silent:

ROTFLMAO!! Oh my God!!! I laugh so hard at that I nearly peed my pants!!! Ty sooo much for that!

That is EXACTLY what I'm talking about! I believe if there is a will then there is a way!

Nok

Nok

Founder/Publisher of GameXbar

• Members
  • 3,217 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

One of the all-time classics! :)

Posted Image
GameXbar: DAoC - LOTRO - MMO - UO - WAR - WoW

MalagAste

MalagAste

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
*laughs* Ah yes I've seen that before VERY funny.......

But to help customer service it would help if those who are working have some knowledge of the game.... seems to me half the time I call or page a GM they don't have a clue what I'm trying to tell them..... They haven't ever logged into UO... You would think if you were really interested in the customer you would at The VERY least make yourself familiar with the product!..... just my opinion but there it is.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: customer, fixing, service, thoughts, uo