Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

What are your best PvP tips?

- - - - - pvp tips wow pvp

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
:Rofl

HAHAHA, James is the expert in that field.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Wenchkin

Wenchkin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
Learn to run... :D

I'd also recommend getting into a group that fight regularly so you can get a lot of fights in a night to learn from. At least when I was half decent at PvP, that's how I learned to do it.

If you meet 4 or more opponents at once, begging sometimes works ;)

Wenchy

Petra

Petra

Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts
Well... as the others have mentioned, always keep moving do not stand still. Most importantly is stay in groups. Harder to pick out a single one of ya that way and keeps the odds in your favor. Equip, equip, equip. However depending on your class and/or spec can change on whether you want damage or protection. Also depends on how you play your game.

One thing I do not believe was mentioned was communication. Never hurts to have a game plan ahead of time and maintaining communication along they way for any surprises. Teamspeak and Vent are great tools for PVPin. You can call out targets easier that way. Speaking of targets, you want to eliminate your healers first, once those are gone, the rest fall much easier.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Prophet-of-Napa

Prophet-of-Napa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
If possible use line of sight to your advantage, stam your gear out, know your class & know your enemy.

For me pvp has been rather simple you have to understand all your skills/spells then look at all the other classes and understand their skills and spells. Then become a situational thinker.

Even after you win a fight start looking at what your opponent could have done better to beat you and how if he would have done that how to counter act those things.

So when you lose you can slap yourself on the head and say I should have done a, b, and c.

Also just DUEL DUEL DUEL, because dueling is the worst case scenario for many classes.

For instance you are a rogue and you start a duel, the other person already knows your in stealth and coming to get you so the element of surprise in field pvp isn't there it makes it tougher.

Duel with a must win attitude, do whatever it takes if you need to. This will all help you figure out what you need to do to survive any situation. Field pvp, arena, bg.

youmademeregister

youmademeregister

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
good post, prophet. i would also suggest watching lots of pvp videos. videos of your own class, but also of classes you are having trouble beating.

WarcraftMovies.com - World of Warcraft Movies has a good library.
gellin. :hat47:

Snugglebunny

Snugglebunny

indisputably more awesome

• Members
  • 5,665 posts
Great ideas!

Well rub butter on my beautiful butt and call me a croissant!

Posted Image

Cabe Bedlam

Cabe Bedlam

Master of Magic, no really I'm serious

• Members
  • 1,782 posts
Snuggs, as a warrior, Hamstring is your best friend in pvp. For general classes, anything that can root or slow movement is your friend.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youmademeregister

youmademeregister

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
true enough. 99% of the time i open up with a charge, switch to zerker stance mid-charge, and hamstring immediately.

i might make in-depth pvp tutorials for warrior and/or priest later. i haven't played in over two months though, so i'd forget some pointers if i did it now.

edit for shameless plug: there are a couple pvp videos of myself floating around the internet if anyone's interested. one pre-burning crusade video that i made around new years 07, and one that my arena partner made about 3-4 months ago. it's from an affliction warlock's POV. it features him, me on my shadow priest, and a frost mage playing on our 2k~ rated 3v3 team.
gellin. :hat47:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pvp, tips, wow pvp