Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Vine Cord Sandles lose properties when worn

- - - - - cord lose properties sandles vine worn

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Guys and Girls, no accusing others of being cheaters/dupers please

Scammer and Cheater accusations:

While we sympathise with the loss of items, accounts etc due to scamming, we don't allow people to accuse others of being scammers or cheaters on UOForums.

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
Darnit. As soon as I posted "Draconi: 1" I knew someone was going to call me out on the explosing houses.

@JC: I understand your sentiment and share your frustration, but I can't think there is actually a way to prevent *all* bugs from making it into a production shard. The code is too old, too patched-together, too poorly documented. I attribute this less to Dev team shortfall than to the fact that UO is over a decade old.

They certainly could have addressed this one earlier, though - both the dupe itself and the duped items.

Stupid morphing dogs, anyway.

~M

Lycanthropy

Lycanthropy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Yes I just checked it again today. I don't understand why this is not getting fixed yet they have time to delete Vine Cord Sandles.

Um...Vine Cord Sandals gave +20 resist, a huge advantage in every aspect of fighting the game offers, while peacemaking in Fel means you're in Fel and someone can kill you to make you stop. I've never seen someone spam peacemake in Tram AFK to make gold. No, by your logic, the first thing EA needs to do is make it so people have to have 99 real necro and 99 real spirit speak to even attempt to transform into Vampiric Embrace (with a check every 30 seconds to make sure the skill is still there), because all of the AFK gold spawners use variations of the Sampire, in Tram, so you can't kill them. Don't get me wrong, EA *Fixed* the peacemake bug by allowing yet another variant, and they need to fix it for good when they get around to it. I just don't understand how Vine Cord and Peacemake bug are on an even keel. Peacemake never effected the game like Vine Cord Sandals did.

Andrasta

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
I am happy to see something was done with Vine Cord Sandles. Well done Devs!

Guest_Nystul_*

Guest_Nystul_*
  • Guests
Now they gota get all the other items.

Too bad items like valorite hammers that were duped to make insane items that sold for event item like prices can't be somehow accounted for since thier all used up haha.

It was a good and needed move. At least uo users will be more weary of buying KNOWN duped items. I mean its quite obvious somethings up when they were like 700mil+ or something crazy, down to like 200mil :/

I talked my friend out of buying a pair about a week ago maybe. I sure bet he is glad he did'nt invest in them. Now he needs to make the decision on if his other "rares" are legit or not.....

Author

Author

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
any one check the other 10 high end multi dupes have they been nerfed ??? did uo give us xmass in may ?? and any that paid huge gold for a dupe well diserved what got!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kratos Aurion

Kratos Aurion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Um...Vine Cord Sandals gave +20 resist, a huge advantage in every aspect of fighting the game offers, while peacemaking in Fel means you're in Fel and someone can kill you to make you stop. I've never seen someone spam peacemake in Tram AFK to make gold. No, by your logic, the first thing EA needs to do is make it so people have to have 99 real necro and 99 real spirit speak to even attempt to transform into Vampiric Embrace (with a check every 30 seconds to make sure the skill is still there), because all of the AFK gold spawners use variations of the Sampire, in Tram, so you can't kill them. Don't get me wrong, EA *Fixed* the peacemake bug by allowing yet another variant, and they need to fix it for good when they get around to it. I just don't understand how Vine Cord and Peacemake bug are on an even keel. Peacemake never effected the game like Vine Cord Sandals did.

Although I don't believe vine cords were as big of an advantage as you make them out to be, they were a nusance. Yes they were extremely useful and benefitial and they deserved to be removed from the game/fixed *priority 1*

but...

this peacing exploit also allows people to
1) solo peerless.
2) solo champs.
3) solo harrowers.

The vine cords were limited to a limited class of characters where-as any scripter can get peacing/music up in no time, then script spawns all day long.

Its still a major issue to be addressed and I look forward to it being fixed soon as well.

JCtheBuilder

JCtheBuilder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Um...Vine Cord Sandals gave +20 resist, a huge advantage in every aspect of fighting the game offers

It made getting all 70s in resistances a bit easier but that was already achievable by putting together a good suit of armor. Plus after a Curse that bonus was almost completely negated.

UOGuide -- The best Ultima Online reference, better than the T2A manual!

Lady Kiara

Lady Kiara

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Guys and Girls, no accusing others of being cheaters/dupers please

Second and last. Have a nice forums.

:}

Maroite

Maroite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts
I don't have any sympathy for anyone who bought vine cords.

Why? Because there is no excuse for them to use to justify their decision. I recently returned to the game and have been saving up nearly every penny I get, and I for one do not buy ANYTHING without asking the price in game and also doing a little research on the net. I can't even begin to imagine how someone could so easily pay 200mil for sandals without looking into the item, pricing it, asking around about it. I am sure someone would have said "Yeah they go for 200mil, but its rediculous considering they're all dupes."

People in Luna LOVE to comment about this stuff. All it takes is a little asking. If you don't ask, and blindly throw away 200mil, then you probably don't care whether you lost your sandals or not imho.

EveLAntagonist

EveLAntagonist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Sounds like they changed them in the same way they changed the old style house deeds when they added housing placement tools. Glad to see they finally did it but with the vine cords and the shrouds it seems to take about 1 year to fix 1 duped item... Unfortunately for every 1 they fix they didn't bother fixing the 20 others duped at the same time and after a whole year the cheaters have already milked it unhindered so it seems to be a losing battle. :(

Lycanthropy

Lycanthropy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

this peacing exploit also allows people to
1) solo peerless.
2) solo champs.
3) solo harrowers.

The vine cords were limited to a limited class of characters where-as any scripter can get peacing/music up in no time, then script spawns all day long.

Its still a major issue to be addressed and I look forward to it being fixed soon as well.

Sampires could solo all of the above prior to Evasion changes, and anyone can solo a Vermin Horde =) (used to be easy to solo many of the champs). I still see Sampires solo the DF in the gauntlet. I'm sure a peacemaker could solo the above as well, but you'll have to PM me how people actually killed things, solo, with peacemaking templates, unless you mean double-clienting with a peacemaker and a dexxer. The script limits the character to area-based attacks, which isn't very efficient for fighting. EA has made a few improvements to Champs, such as the removal of the guard-exploit, and the teleport feature. I am sure they will continue to strengthen the system.

The first thing EA needs to do is make a Virtue system without bugs, then tackle the scripts (and the "engines") which rely on those bugs. I agree 100% there. I just think it's odd to imagine the peacemake bug as the #1 problem with UO today.

Brom

Brom

Introverted Barbarian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
I completely agree with this change, It's just a shame it took this long to come about. As soon as these sandals started popping up everywhere it should have been investigated and taken care of. When they started showing up with resists that should have been a big fat red flag.

Honestly, if you can't research an item with an exorbitant price tag before purchasing it, you deserve to lose the funds and the item. That's the 'ignorance' excuse, and it doesn't work. Besides, most people know already or at least suspect, and then when something happens from it they feign ignorance to get off a punishment. Doesn't matter.

Totally agree with the buyer beware philosophy as well! Any item that fetches a price anywhere near what those sandals cost should have been properly researched by the buyer. If you carelessly invest that much cash in real life or in game, expect to get burned!

That's also the nature of the world we live in, sometimes you just get skunked no matter what you do! Chin up! Consider it a lesson learned and experience gained!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Noxin

Noxin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Going to have to agree with JC on this subject - I think flat out removing them from the game was the wrong way to deal with the situation. I hasten to add I wasn't personally affected by it at all, I just feel that given that they were generally owned by players who bought them from the actual cheaters that the wrong targets got burned.

There's also the fact that generally they were owned by PvPers, who already have a lot of ill-will towards the development team, to suddenly log in one day, the day you're excited to try some new faction changes that have perked your optimism only to find your most valuable and prized possession was essentially deleted with no information as to how or why is a horrible situation.

People I know who owned these were not in themselves cheaters, sure they likely bought them from cheaters, but when they've existed for years and they offer you an advantage over another player, anyone serious about PvP who has the money will be sorely tempted to buy them. Especially as just prior to this happening several people were selling them at a drastically reduced price.
I see some people saying they shouldn't have bought them because they knew they were dupes. Come on, be sensible, this isn't a valid argument. More than half the items in the game are duped, you know it, I know it. It's not going to prevent me buying them, especially if YEARS have passed since it happened.
You can hardly call me a huge exploiter, yet I was tempted to buy a pair on several occasions, I chose not to simply because I didn't need the resists. If I ever need +5 in a specific resist to finish off a suit, and have the cash available, I'll still go and buy a duped robe without hesitation. Many people have this advantage, I know they're all duped, but as a serious PvPer I need to compete at the very top level, if it's okay for them, it's okay for me, regardless of my personal stance on the act of duping, the items exist and have done for a significant amount of time.

I think there were many more preferable ways to have dealt with the situation that wouldn't have punished people for doing what they naturally do.

abracadabra

abracadabra

Mindless Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
If they were to remain in game, I would have made monk's sandals with the same resists as the Vine Cords available for everyone, so the nerf was like a slap on the wrist of a naughty child caught in the forbidden cookie jar. It's a slight deterrent for future abuse. Overall, I think the buyers and sellers got off too easy. There's not been a peep about anyone getting whacked by even a temporary ban stick.
Posted Image

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
I'm going to call BS on the "solo any peerless" comment:

Dreadhorn - check
Lady Mel - check
Grizzle - umm...I'm thinking no. His ooze is enough to take down a 900+ hp super dragon with 2 players actively healing it, if you make a slight misstep. Pretty sure a solo Sampy is going to face plant, since every tile in melee range is covered with ooze and fire most of the time.

I'm open to being proven wrong, however.

And, for the record, you can legally take down any of these three peerlesses 'double clienting' on KR. No exploit required, just a little 'intelligence preparation of the battlespace.' And 7/11 FC/FCR for grizzle.

~M

rhale

rhale

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Sampires can still solo dread, trav, paroxy and grizzle. This is after the evasion nerf. There is a youtube vid of a Japanese players soloing shimmering, but I think that was pre-nerf and I'm not sure if it is still possible. Least I can't do it :).

Back on subject to vine cords, has anyone who admits to owning a nerfed set actually posted and complained about it? To my mind, anyone who was able to drop around 200 mil for only 20(?) resists, this is not a big deal.

If I had 200 million, I'm sure I could do much better going to Luna and buying 100 barbed kits (duped or scripted no doubt) @ 2 mil each. I'm sure I'd end up with at least 6 pieces that would outdo my current suit + 20 resists. Or maybe I'd buy a set of Knight's armor... :)

IronHorse

IronHorse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
Wheres your Honor man?
You've basically stated that because others are cheating that it justifies you doing likewise.
This is wrong on so many levels and translates into the real world as well.
There are no short cuts to living a virturous exsistance be in in cyber space or the real world.

Going to have to agree with JC on this subject - I think flat out removing them from the game was the wrong way to deal with the situation. I hasten to add I wasn't personally affected by it at all, I just feel that given that they were generally owned by players who bought them from the actual cheaters that the wrong targets got burned.

There's also the fact that generally they were owned by PvPers, who already have a lot of ill-will towards the development team, to suddenly log in one day, the day you're excited to try some new faction changes that have perked your optimism only to find your most valuable and prized possession was essentially deleted with no information as to how or why is a horrible situation.

People I know who owned these were not in themselves cheaters, sure they likely bought them from cheaters, but when they've existed for years and they offer you an advantage over another player, anyone serious about PvP who has the money will be sorely tempted to buy them. Especially as just prior to this happening several people were selling them at a drastically reduced price.
I see some people saying they shouldn't have bought them because they knew they were dupes. Come on, be sensible, this isn't a valid argument. More than half the items in the game are duped, you know it, I know it. It's not going to prevent me buying them, especially if YEARS have passed since it happened.
You can hardly call me a huge exploiter, yet I was tempted to buy a pair on several occasions, I chose not to simply because I didn't need the resists. If I ever need +5 in a specific resist to finish off a suit, and have the cash available, I'll still go and buy a duped robe without hesitation. Many people have this advantage, I know they're all duped, but as a serious PvPer I need to compete at the very top level, if it's okay for them, it's okay for me, regardless of my personal stance on the act of duping, the items exist and have done for a significant amount of time.

I think there were many more preferable ways to have dealt with the situation that wouldn't have punished people for doing what they naturally do.

-IronHorse
GM Forge of Virtue
Governor of Trinsic

sablestorm

sablestorm

The Dread Pirate Sablestorm

• Members
  • 2,644 posts

As you stated, it was okay for them, so it was okay for you. You rented it, just like everyone else. Now they are removed, so you're all in the same boat. It wasn't like you were banned and the dupers weren't. Dupers were banned when caught and those buying these items got to rent them for that year or so they were out. The items were removed, so you no longer need em to compete at the highest level.

Trevelyan

Trevelyan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
I love how these are supposedly from an event moderator.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cord, lose, properties, sandles, vine, worn