Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Vine Cord Sandles lose properties when worn

- - - - - cord lose properties sandles vine worn

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

Lady Aalia

Lady Aalia

Atlantic Librarian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
this is awesome :<3

I still hear the " EA will never do anything ...vinecords are save to own and buy" that some of the stratics Rare corum Crowd kept insisting on, ringing in my ears
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

BBWalker

BBWalker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
"In the end everyone who delt in these highly obvious dupes got what they deserved"
i agreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

abracadabra

abracadabra

Mindless Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
tsur tewi noca rdni
Posted Image

Arioch

Arioch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 723 posts

tsur tewi noca rdni

Couldn't have said it better myself! I think...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Lord L'arr Hamerfeld

Guest_Corpse_*

Guest_Corpse_*
  • Guests
:eusa_boohoo:

Lycanthropy

Lycanthropy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

:eusa_boohoo:

hahaha

Kratos Aurion

Kratos Aurion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Well considering there was only 1 per shard given out, that makes the majority of them duped. Also, the original didn't have resists did it? Making any with resists duped.

Obviously the majority of these items were duped, or the devs wouldn't have taken action.

How wasn't it known? It was an event item that only one person got.

you mean, 1 period. 1 event, 1 pair.

JCtheBuilder

JCtheBuilder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Wow, isn't this what the rares community have been pushing for for a long time? I'm just a casual collector but I'm overjoyed that EAMythic are starting to address the rotten core issues of UO, namely scripting and duping. Kudos to them!

This doesn't address either. Why don't they focus on issues right now like people using a Peacemaking exploit to kill monsters, which is mostly done via scripting. Instead they go after some sandles which were duped years ago and the people who made them are not hurt at all by this.

UOGuide -- The best Ultima Online reference, better than the T2A manual!

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
I'm just excited that they chose to make them completely worthless instead of (my fear) turning them into the Serpent Skin Boots turn-in reward. I would have bet money that they would only have nerfed them down to 2% poison, not zero!

Huzzah for this nerf!

Draconi: 1
Dupers: (well, one less)

~M

Calell

Calell

Red-Headed Stepchild

• Members
  • 2,245 posts
because when people who still market in them charge that much for it, it does drastically effect the game's overall economy. It's a smaller fix they were able to implement quickly and effectively, while still working on larger ones. Least that'd be my guess. I'll take small victories throughout the war.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks Nev!

rhale

rhale

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

This doesn't address either. Why don't they focus on issues right now like people using a Peacemaking exploit to kill monsters, which is mostly done via scripting. Instead they go after some sandles which were duped years ago and the people who made them are not hurt at all by this.

In a way it does since the sandals were duped. Don't you think people will think twice before buying obviously duped items since both vinecords and the cloak earlier have been nerfed. I agree with the others this was a good thing.

And yes, they still have many other dupes, scripts, exploits to address. But let's give the UO team props for taking care of this one.

JCtheBuilder

JCtheBuilder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

In a way it does since the sandals were duped. Don't you think people will think twice before buying obviously duped items since both vinecords and the cloak earlier have been nerfed.

The dupers still win because they can hawk items before people realize they have been duped. Then OSI kicks those players when they're down by doing stuff like deleting the items. The only way to stop dupers is to avoid introducing duping bugs, catching dupers when a bug is reported and quickly deleting the items. None of that happened, all this did was trick some people into thinking the developers are taking a hard stance on cheating. The Peacemaking exploit which lets players rake in gold and items has been around for months and has been known to the developers since January.

(Yes, I realize my first sentence is a double pun.)

Calell

Calell

Red-Headed Stepchild

• Members
  • 2,245 posts
Honestly, if you can't research an item with an exorbitant price tag before purchasing it, you deserve to lose the funds and the item. That's the 'ignorance' excuse, and it doesn't work. Besides, most people know already or at least suspect, and then when something happens from it they feign ignorance to get off a punishment. Doesn't matter.

And no, dupers don't win. No one's winning. It's hurting everyone, period, that plays the game. Or works on it. Or talks/reads about it...etc. It's a lose-lose deal.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks Nev!

Pitr

Pitr

GRI Cadet

• Members
  • 1,662 posts

Huzzah for this nerf!

Huzzah for this nerf!

Dupers: alot of mills for $ (well, one less)

I think this fits better... =)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rhale

rhale

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

The dupers still win because they can hawk items before people realize they have been duped.

hehehh good one.

Maybe I'm cynical, but the dupers, exploiters etc will always exist No matter how hard the UO team may try, as long as there is profit to be made, the dupers et al have more time and motivation. Not to mention the blind eye turned to the scripters. C'mon, a box with 81234120812743910 stones of stuff in it? Delete them all I say.

But the UO team also has to provide some pixel meaning to the game, else they lose a lot of their customer base that is in it for the stuffs they can get. Part of why they are so lenient towards scripters I suppose. While they try to find the balance, a random kaboom to stuff like the vine cords is welcome.

Wenchkin

Wenchkin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
It's a shame that some have lost out, but quite honestly players need to learn to check these things out before buying. If you haven't seen one before - look on the forums, ask around. If you're spending over 100mil, then really do your homework on this. Personally I avoid buying anything of high value from a bank sitting player spamming about it. If there's anywhere you'll be "had" by a duper, it's WBB or Luna.

My only wish is that EA starts to put up a login announcement of "x item has been duped" so a player who was out of the game can come back and see what's what before they fall foul of a duper.

Wenchy

Mathena

Mathena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

I'm just excited that they chose to make them completely worthless instead of (my fear) turning them into the Serpent Skin Boots turn-in reward. I would have bet money that they would only have nerfed them down to 2% poison, not zero!

Huzzah for this nerf!

~M

Draconi: 2, let's not forget the burning houses of traitors found around the kingdom :eusa_clap:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Halister Marner

Halister Marner

Roleplayer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

The dupers still win because they can hawk items before people realize they have been duped. Then OSI kicks those players when they're down by doing stuff like deleting the items. The only way to stop dupers is to avoid introducing duping bugs, catching dupers when a bug is reported and quickly deleting the items. None of that happened, all this did was trick some people into thinking the developers are taking a hard stance on cheating. The Peacemaking exploit which lets players rake in gold and items has been around for months and has been known to the developers since January.

(Yes, I realize my first sentence is a double pun.)

Have you checked on the peacemaking exploit since this last publish? Just curious since there were a lot of exploit fixes in publish 52.

Lady Kiara

Lady Kiara

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

"In the end everyone who delt in these highly obvious dupes got what they deserved"
i agreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Hi all.

Everyone EXCEPT those who made real life cash off auctioning or selling these got punished. Those guys still got the cash.

I am thrilled that something was done about the vine cord sandal dupes. If you ask me owners of them got off lucky, because I would have banned them all, no questions asked.

I look forward to some bod collecting changes now. The system is now set up for easy abuse, much like the trial account system was (Hi My Name Is Paris, I Am/Was A Trial Account Abuser in the Idoc Game). But in my defense I must say that I don't run bod collecting accounts!

In every tailor shop on Pacific you will find characters hiding to collect bods (using tracking). I can only imagine the amount of bods and bod rewards these hidden bod collectors are generating each and every day in UO, but I expect if they had to actually log into the game and run or recall to get to a tailor shop there's be a few million a week less bods/bod rewards taking up server storage space.

I'd love to get an extra stable slot for all my characters if that server storage space was freed up for everyone, and not reserved just for the bod collectors.

Good job devs on the vine cords. Next time let's try to get the next dupe on day 1 or day 2 though, ok?

JCtheBuilder

JCtheBuilder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Have you checked on the peacemaking exploit since this last publish? Just curious since there were a lot of exploit fixes in publish 52.

Yes I just checked it again today. I don't understand why this is not getting fixed yet they have time to delete Vine Cord Sandles.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cord, lose, properties, sandles, vine, worn