Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Vine Cord Sandles lose properties when worn

- - - - - cord lose properties sandles vine worn

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

JCtheBuilder

JCtheBuilder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts
There has been a stealth nerf in this publish. Vine Cord Sandles lose properties when you equip them, permanently. I don't think this was a good way to solve the issue, now some lucky few who don't have them equipped have nice rares which will still be worth quite a bit and legitimate players who spent hundreds of millions on them are left with plain sandles.

*Update*

They will lose properties if picked up and placed in your backpack. It is not confirmed yet if you can move them along the ground.

UOGuide -- The best Ultima Online reference, better than the T2A manual!

Maroite

Maroite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts
No offense, but tough luck to the players who spent so much on items they knew were duped. When you play with fire, you get burnt.

Also, I wonder if its when you equip them, or when you move them.

Halister Marner

Halister Marner

Roleplayer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
Woot!

Score one for the good guys. Now they just need to do the same with the necromancer shroud, the Ari shroud, the Bal shroud, the lieutenant sash, the gladiators collar, the good Samaritan robe, etc... etc...

One down, about a dozen to go ;)

JCtheBuilder

JCtheBuilder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

No offense, but tough luck to the players who spent so much on items they knew were duped. When you play with fire, you get burnt.

A couple years ago it wasn't know that these were duped. Also not everyone knows what is duped and what isn't. If you believe everything posted on Stratics then every single rare out there is currently duped. Some people say stuff is duped just to try and get it at a lower price.

GeldMacher

GeldMacher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

There has been a stealth nerf in this publish. Vine Cord Sandles lose properties when you equip them, permanently. I don't think this was a good way to solve the issue, now some lucky few who don't have them equipped have nice rares which will still be worth quite a bit and legitimate players who spent hundreds of millions on them are left with plain sandles.

This will have a huge effect on the rares market. I have heard this effected all vinecords even if they were not equiped.

Pitr

Pitr

GRI Cadet

• Members
  • 1,662 posts
What is the next valuable rare?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

JCtheBuilder

JCtheBuilder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts
I am glad I never went ahead and purchased the Vine Cord Sandles I wanted to give out as a reward in the faction event. That would have been yet another time that OSI has screwed me over.

Maroite

Maroite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

A couple years ago it wasn't know that these were duped. Also not everyone knows what is duped and what isn't. If you believe everything posted on Stratics then every single rare out there is currently duped. Some people say stuff is duped just to try and get it at a lower price.

Well considering there was only 1 per shard given out, that makes the majority of them duped. Also, the original didn't have resists did it? Making any with resists duped.

Obviously the majority of these items were duped, or the devs wouldn't have taken action.

How wasn't it known? It was an event item that only one person got.

Halister Marner

Halister Marner

Roleplayer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
All vine cords in circulation were duped, the original pair was banned along with the owner.

No loss here, and I know for a fact there are people out there with dozens of them that survived the dupe bans. Well... not anymore =)

Maroite

Maroite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

All vine cords in circulation were duped, the original pair was banned along with the owner.

No loss here, and I know for a fact there are people out there with dozens of them that survived the dupe bans. Well... not anymore =)

Never heard the original owner got banned, but makes sense. The dupes had to come from someplace, and being the only person with a pair... well, it kinda makes your stand out like a flamingo in a penguin parade! :P

BBWalker

BBWalker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
cool! nice to know ==========)

Elbryan

Elbryan

Clann Marrach Faol

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Well considering there was only 1 per shard given out, that makes the majority of them duped. Also, the original didn't have resists did it? Making any with resists duped.

Obviously the majority of these items were duped, or the devs wouldn't have taken action.

How wasn't it known? It was an event item that only one person got.

There wasn't even one per shard. There was only one pair.

Littleblue

Littleblue

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
I'm glad to see action taken in regards to these Vine Cords.

It doesn't even sound as if the sandles were given out with the Resists present anyway...that came later with AOS.

It's obvious that all the sandles around are dupes. People that may not have known about that when buying in the beginning should certainly have been aware of it before today. They had time to get out from under suspicious goods.

I doubt a true collector of Rares would be totally irate anyway...those players know the risks on items such as Vine Cords, and are willing to take them. This is just my opinion, so Rares collectors out there please do not take offense. In fact I find UO Rares to be quite interesting. I'd like to start a mushroom collection, personally. ;)

Slaveone

Slaveone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Anyone who had the 200+ million gold to buy these duped sandals knew what they were getting into. You don't make 200+ million in UO without knowing what's up with the economy and the items floating around in it. Everyone who had these knew they were dupes and bought and used them anyway. Sucks that they lost out but honestly it's no one's fault but their own.

BBWalker

BBWalker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Anyone who had the 200+ million gold to buy these duped sandals knew what they were getting into. You don't make 200+ million in UO without knowing what's up with the economy and the items floating around in it. Everyone who had these knew they were dupes and bought and used them anyway. Sucks that they lost out but honestly it's no one's fault but their own.

i dont think that "Sucks that they lost out", cmon
are we talking about 1 year old baby?
They 100000000% know they was duped so I'M HAPPY THEY LOSE THE DUPED SANDALS!

Next time think about it just one more time! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Slaveone

Slaveone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

i dont think that "Sucks that they lost out", cmon
are we talking about 1 year old baby?
They 100000000% know they was duped so I'M HAPPY THEY LOSE THE DUPED SANDALS!

Next time think about it just one more time! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Obviously i could care less that they lost out. I wasn't dumb enough to spend my money on these things despite the allure. When i say sucks i merely ment that it would suck to have paid 200+ mil or $300-$400 on something that is now just a regular pair of sandals. But as i said before they have no one to blame but themselves. In the end everyone who delt in these highly obvious dupes got what they deserved. Next time they have 200+ mil or $300-$400 cash to burn lying around maybe they will use some common sense.

Sir Sweetleaf

Sir Sweetleaf

Ottersrun Taphouse of Guardians Gate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
Thanks for the good news and great work on part of the powers that be.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
http://tinyurl.com/6odxy4

Risso

Risso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
Wow, isn't this what the rares community have been pushing for for a long time? I'm just a casual collector but I'm overjoyed that EAMythic are starting to address the rotten core issues of UO, namely scripting and duping. Kudos to them!

Merc

Merc

bellum omnium in omnes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts

So how has this been a nerf to stealthing?

Arioch

Arioch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 723 posts

So how has this been a nerf to stealthing?

I think they mean it was a nerf that stealthed into the publish. Draconi et al sucker-punched the badguys, and they didn't even see it coming... woohooo!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Lord L'arr Hamerfeld

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cord, lose, properties, sandles, vine, worn