Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Something changed with the Taming process?

- - - - - changed process taming

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Littleblue

Littleblue

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
I was taming for gains this morning, and I noticed that the message, "It seems to accept you as master" is no longer showing up on-screen. It is in my journal though. Has anyone else noticed this? :-/

jfk

jfk

Lost in the Abyss

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
Yep, I noticed that as well. I also am not getting the "you have failed to tame" message either. Glad it's not just me. The only way to know that you were successful is the creature turning blue to you, but even at that, the cu's I were taming stayed grey. Every time the tame attempt was over I had to highlight them to see if I scored. It's a little bit of a pain to do that. I was wondering if it had anything to do with the publish?

arkanos

arkanos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
same thing here!
It must have something to do with the latest publish because I tame daily (for zoo points) and have only noticed it today (Europa shard).

btw: I am getting normal failure messages...

Robinson of Europa

jfk

jfk

Lost in the Abyss

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
Okay, I'm back to getting the failed message. Weird. Like you arkanos, I too tame daily for points. Only 257K to go lol.

Littleblue

Littleblue

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
I usually pull the creature's health bar up while taming. I noticed that when I successfully tamed a creature this morning, the bar would turn blue and the text would also become editable immediately. Previously I would have to issue a command to get the purple text. Interesting indeed.

Thanks for replying...I was beginning to think I was hallucinating! :5hypnodisk::new_rainbow:

Littleblue

Littleblue

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
Well, this is still occuring, so I wonder if it was an intended change. I suppose it might be a question I could send to Jeremy.
:turtle_by_IRIE666:

Drakelord

Drakelord

The old man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

I was taming for gains this morning, and I noticed that the message, "It seems to accept you as master" is no longer showing up on-screen. It is in my journal though. Has anyone else noticed this? :-/

Took a female tamer out to tame unicorns, I did not see the, "It seems to accept you as master", message either, but did see the blue name pop on screen as if the untame had been replaced with a tamed one.

22815_1049897365024789_76475492465172463

Silence_Fair

Silence_Fair

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
HMMM. . That is strange. My Tamer was on Ice with the wolves this morning and I got those messages like normal the whole time. . Perhaps it was just a few shards. . I am on Atlantic.

Littleblue

Littleblue

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
I am on Chesapeake. And also, I was receiving all of the other normal messages, just not that one in particular. I was even still getting the "You have Failed..." message. This was still happening today while I was taming on Ice Isle. Very strange indeed!
:turtle_by_IRIE666:

elffyb

elffyb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts
Lake superior here, receiving the same behavior.

I haven't bug reported it yet though. And I also haven't tried WITHOUT using a macro... this may make a difference.

I am assuming all of you use a retame macro?

Please reply here if you are experiencing this issue and you use a tame bubble/button and manually click a target. (no macro)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: changed, process, taming