Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

The Vanguard Attacks! (Some Spoilers)

- - - - - attacks spoilers vanguard

• Please log in to reply
238 replies to this topic

MalagAste

MalagAste

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
The Vanguard also have some interesting things to say, the sayings I've heard so far are...

• Legum Servi Sumus
  • Beware I live...
  • Bellum Omnium In Omnes
  • Bellum letale
  • Libertatum Est Vendere
  • Bellum...
  • Bella Horrida
  • Magnus acervus erit
  • I am Vanguard!
  • Aut Viam Invenium
  • I hunger!
  • Non Est Disputandum
  • Beware Coward!
  • Run, Coward!
  • Dulce Bellum!
  • Run!
OMG I almost died laughing!!!!!!! OK now tell me Which DEV team member is it that is a HUGE fan of Sinistar!??!?!?!?

Gads! I'm still laughing!..... Go run play Sinistar for any of you that never did YEARS And YEARS ago in the arcades... or on Supernintendo when they brought that game back from the dead...... I loved that game! I used to play that game for hours in the arcade... One quarter would last me several hours.... I would finally have to be dragged out of the arcade by my sister..... with 30 lives left on my game. I can still hear the sinister laugh!!!!!!!! RUN COWARD RUN! I LIVE! I AM SINISTAR!....... *crazy meniacle laughter!* I LIVE!

Thanks DEV's for that old memory!...... *laughs*

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kimi

Kimi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

"Magnus acervus erit"

The actual meaning of this phrase is lost without context. This is part of a proverb with religious overtones, the entirety of which is:

"Adde parum parvo, magnus acervus erit"

Literally translated: "Add a little to a little and there will be a great heap."

Often used when discussion loaves and fishes...

~M

When I read these things, I tend to think of the Ori, from Stargate...
They were pretty big on quoting scripture.

Anyway, if you take context from their actions; not-entirely-overwhelming numbers attacking a few cities...
I think it is some kind of self-confident rhetoric... The current invasion is not everything that they have to offer, in effect.

mrbill

mrbill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
I was a huge player of sinistar in the 1980s LOL

I.. HUNGER

Roar lol

MalagAste

MalagAste

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
I'm glad I'm not alone...... Man I spent HOURS playing that game... hum.... I date myself!....... ACK!

Posted Image
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lycanthropy

Lycanthropy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts
I found this website-blog, it has a few more (spoilers) images of the invasion:
¡ÚUO¡Û¥¦¥ë¥Æ¥£¥Þ¥Þ¥Ë¥¢ - livedoor Blog¡Ê¥Ö¥í¥°¡Ë

If the stats here hold, tamed Dread Horses have:

615 HP
112 STAM
122 INT
534 STR
112 DEX
122 INT

71/20/26/56/40 resists
40/0/0/20/40 damage
20-26 base on hit

No poisoning (---) and no skills above 100 when tamed. I can't translate the possible pack instinct.

Lycanthropy

Lycanthropy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts
On Origin, Luna has a town crier. On Chesapeake, I don't see any. Do we have to invest in one of those silly rats to know the news now? ;P NM found one at Skara Brae...hm

Sir Sweetleaf

Sir Sweetleaf

Ottersrun Taphouse of Guardians Gate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
I am on Origin and have been trying to turn in my spring cleaning tickets that I accumualted right after the published Origin with the patch, but the chest will not take them anymnore. When I try and place the ticket in the chest it just jumos back in my backpack. Anyone else having this problem? Does anyone know if these tickets are transferable between accounts and shards?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
http://tinyurl.com/6odxy4

Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde

Ultima Online Devotee and site VIP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
I wonder if there's a problem with the box? Maybe that's why the shards just getting the publish don't have it at all.
Posted Image

Risso

Risso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
So are all shards being attacked now Pub 52 is live?

Frarc

Frarc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

I am on Origin and have been trying to turn in my spring cleaning tickets that I accumualted right after the published Origin with the patch, but the chest will not take them anymnore. When I try and place the ticket in the chest it just jumos back in my backpack. Anyone else having this problem? Does anyone know if these tickets are transferable between accounts and shards?

You do not need to drop tickets in the chest, you need to double click the chest to bring up the donation menu.

Tickets can be given to anyone you like.
We are the New Frarc!
Drachenfels News
All news of the current live event : The Awakening in Quest and Event News

Repowski

Repowski

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Has anyone tried joining a faction, and then attacking these things? Maybe there's some added damage "slayer-like" bonus for being in a faction??

mrbill

mrbill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
How do you join a faction?

Lady Flame (DrR)

Lady Flame (DrR)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts
for those on Europa you can join the True Britannians by double clicking the faction post outside brit castle fel. We could do with loads of help, but be warned if you are in factions you can not be helped by anyone not in your faction, ie no in lor, no rez, no passing of pets etc. This is a broken part of factions I hope they sort it soon as its ment tho only be that way in fel. To get a rez you get someone from your faction or a NPC to rez you. (True Britannians are not the only faction availible of course, but I'm bias)
Posted Image

Pitr

Pitr

GRI Cadet

• Members
  • 1,662 posts

for those on Europa you can join the True Britannians by double clicking the faction post outside brit castle fel. We could do with loads of help, but be warned if you are in factions you can not be helped by anyone not in your faction, ie no in lor, no rez, no passing of pets etc. This is a broken part of factions I hope they sort it soon as its ment tho only be that way in fel. To get a rez you get someone from your faction or a NPC to rez you. (True Britannians are not the only faction availible of course, but I'm bias)

for those on Catskills you can join the True Britannians by double clicking the faction post outside brit castle fel. We could do with loads of help, but be warned if you are in factions you can not be helped by anyone not in your faction, ie no in lor, no rez, no passing of pets etc. This is a broken part of factions I hope they dont fix it because it is great for roleplaying... no external help. To get a rez you get someone from your faction or a NPC to rez you. (True Britannians are not the only faction availible of course, but I'm bias)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Galen

Galen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Someone else on your shard swears it was intended to be that way, because you are all tougher than the rest of us, and those of us who want it to be different are all Trammies.

Or words to that effect. I am actually imposing far more coherence on her thoughts than she had.

*chuckles, shrugs*

I had to put her on ignore on Stratics....Wasn't the first time she'd said something insulting and incoherent.

-Galen's player

Pitr

Pitr

GRI Cadet

• Members
  • 1,662 posts
We're all Trammies. =)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lady Flame (DrR)

Lady Flame (DrR)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Someone else on your shard swears it was intended to be that way, because you are all tougher than the rest of us, and those of us who want it to be different are all Trammies.

trying to check this out on UO.com, as for being tougher than others the guild I am in is True Brittannian Trammies and as the name sinifies we are all blues and true trammies giving factions a try for the first time.

I had to put her on ignore on Stratics....Wasn't the first time she'd said something insulting and incoherent.

*looks cofused*
Posted Image

Pitr

Pitr

GRI Cadet

• Members
  • 1,662 posts
hey Flame I found out this to work...

team of two... teach them to make a bandage partner macro with a 2000 pause (UOA)... and repeat that 5 times... set a key to it and stay together.

Our roleplaying archers fought UP (pirates) and they razed the strumpets...
They stood together, healing eachother 5 times while doing the basic pvp tactics and uoa running the heals on the background. (each one was responsible for their own cures... and now they know how to fight a peerless... :eusa_clap:)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lady Flame (DrR)

Lady Flame (DrR)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts
ok heres what I based my understanding on from ORIGIN - Ultima Online - Playguide

NON-PARTICIPANTS
Characters who are not in a faction will not be able to perform beneficial acts (such as healing, curing, etc.) on non-criminal or murderer characters in a faction if the target has received lawful damage from another player. The status of being lawfully damaged by someone (on someone that is attacked) is cleared when they reach full health. For example, if Player A was in the Shadowlord faction and was attacked by player B in the Council of Mages faction, this is considered lawful damage and player A would have the "lawfully damaged by" status. Players outside of a faction will still be able to attack a character in a faction, but can receive a murder count if they do so (unless other systems allow this attack, such as guild wars).

My understanding is that you cannot get help from others during an attack, and got the impression that if you were not under attack you could recieve aid, I am willing to accept I could be understanding this wrong. So I recommend anyone considering joining factions to check the playguide out on uo.com as it could cause some issues for charecters and seeing as it takes 3 days to ressign from a faction its not something to try lightly just to see if it makes a difference in the vanguard situation.
Posted Image

Galen

Galen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

trying to check this out on UO.com, as for being tougher than others the guild I am in is True Brittannian Trammies and as the name sinifies we are all blues and true trammies giving factions a try for the first time.

*looks cofused*

Sorry for confusing you.....

You know the thing where Factioners can't be healed or rezzed by other players, the thing that you suggest is a bug?

I have been trying to get that changed, or fixed, for years.

One of several Stratics posters who opposes my proposal is a lady who claims to be in Factions on Europa. Not only does she disagree that it was a bug, but she says stuff along these lines: "You, Galen, think Factioners should be healed in Trammel because you just want to sit at the bank on a Faction horse. You Trammie wimp, us tough! Roar!!"

Eventually I got sick of it, and put her on ignore.

'Twas all...That's the whole story.

:)

-Galen's player

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: attacks, spoilers, vanguard