Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

The Vanguard Attacks! (Some Spoilers)

- - - - - attacks spoilers vanguard

• Please log in to reply
238 replies to this topic

Sir Sweetleaf

Sir Sweetleaf

Ottersrun Taphouse of Guardians Gate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
I think it will the invasion will move around from city to city, just my opinion.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
http://tinyurl.com/6odxy4

mrbill

mrbill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
I saw that blackrock spell go off near the house outside cove , it was awesome to watch

BBWalker

BBWalker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

I saw that blackrock spell go off near the house outside cove , it was awesome to watch

ok, but you cast it or the vanguard? *confused*
nobody else try to cast the spell using blackrock??? :icon_eek:

if the publish was on atlantic i'd try it quickly to see
if blackrocks still work or no =)

someoneelse? thxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lady Flame (DrR)

Lady Flame (DrR)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts
Thanks Halister Marner for posting this information, anyone have any more info on these controllers?
Posted Image

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
Can someone please do me the favor of uploading the images directly to UOForums instead of posting them to another site?

Alternatively, I'd apprciate it fi someone transcribed the name/properties of the items in a post.

Thank you very much for the information...

~M

Sir Sweetleaf

Sir Sweetleaf

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
Also, I did notice that using my Power Crossbow did alot more damage than the 1 point i was getting with my regualr bow. I did loot a obsidian sword and shield off of seperate Vanguard Controllers. I was really hoping we would get more updates from folks on Origin that are playing today.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
"Magnus acervus erit"

The actual meaning of this phrase is lost without context. This is part of a proverb with religious overtones, the entirety of which is:

"Adde parum parvo, magnus acervus erit"

Literally translated: "Add a little to a little and there will be a great heap."

Often used when discussion loaves and fishes...

~M

BBWalker

BBWalker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Also, I did notice that using my Power Crossbow did alot more damage than the 1 point i was getting with my regualr bow. I did loot a obsidian sword and shield off of seperate Vanguard Controllers. I was really hoping we would get more updates from folks on Origin that are playing today.

nice to know that power, vanquishing and mystic weapon still have a rule! =)

but i'm still confused about the use of blackrocks! :?

Galen

Galen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

nice to know that power, vanquishing and mystic weapon still have a rule! =)

but i'm still confused about the use of blackrocks! :?

Anyone tested using the Obsidian Blade on one of the Controllers?

-Galen's player

Guest_Corpse_*

Guest_Corpse_*
  • Guests
im at serps hold in city controller still in ground spawning stuff

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
Perhaps they put the controllers there on purpose?

Any Dev care to weigh-in?

~M

Guest_Corpse_*

Guest_Corpse_*
  • Guests
If we paged a gm im sure they would put him on the ground and be able to kill him.

i need help im on a newb character with 100% lrc and 10 each resist lol

and i got my daemon to attack the vanguard controller so hes killable

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
Has anyone tried giving blackrock to a controller? You can give it to the ethereal shadowlords...

~M

Sir Sweetleaf

Sir Sweetleaf

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
That is what I was thinking might have happened to the one that we were fighting at Cove, maybe someone had given it blackrock to see what would happen and BOOM! Like I said earlier I tried to use blackrock with my archer and could not get it to work. Another that was mentioned by Draconi was that the Knight's Armor would have an added property at some point. I could not help but think that if a Knight wears this armor suit while fighting these Vanguard Controllers that it would help in some way.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Guest_Corpse_*

Guest_Corpse_*
  • Guests
Ok i got a gm to move the vanguard hes fair game now

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
You know, it just occurred to me that I'm going to have some serious decisions to make this week. My spouse and daughter are headed to the east coast a few days before I can join them (stupid work). I had planned to chain peerless monsters with Madrid, but now I wonder...

More on topic: Is there any indication of "sides" or any appearance that giving the shadowlords blackrock, wearing a cloak, etc have any effect in this current event thread?

~M

Guest_Corpse_*

Guest_Corpse_*
  • Guests
Heres some things i noticed when killing the vanguard-

When i bola'ed the vanguard controller, i saw the dread horse for a second then it poofed, so that means can only tame it after you kill the controller.

When i killed the controller, i got the shield, and the sword, but the cloak was not there, which probably means it randomly spawns in a players backpack like the cloak of corruption.

Vanguard controller teleports around alot, and gets stuck underground (serpents hold is where i saw this) if you kill him while hes underground you wont be able to reach the horse or body to loot, so best to page GM when its redlined then finish it fast.

Galen

Galen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

"Magnus acervus erit"

The actual meaning of this phrase is lost without context. This is part of a proverb with religious overtones, the entirety of which is:

"Adde parum parvo, magnus acervus erit"

Literally translated: "Add a little to a little and there will be a great heap."

Often used when discussion loaves and fishes...

~M

Very odd.

I wonder if it has meaning in this context, or if they Shadowlords are just referring to a heap of our bodies, and the designers are using a religious phrase to mess with us.

It is worth noting that, in Ultima 4, the game that introduced the Virtues, there were 12 companions that could join the Avatar. (Only 7 or 8 at a time, but 12 in total COULD join you.)

One of them was named Saduj, and he would betray the party in battle.

Saduj is Judas spelled backwards, and Jesus Christ had 12 Apostles. Richard Garriott's intention in Ultima 4 was clearly incorporate religious, specifically Christian, imagery to drive home the fact that the Avatar was a kind of Christ figure for the Ultima universe.

Is Draconi also following this technique? Or is he maybe just messing with us?

Time will tell.

-Galen's player

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
It may just be that their Latin isn't particularly good, or they just googled one of the many Latin phrases sites out on the net. Every one of the phrases they used can be found with a minimum of effort on one of those Latin phrase sites.

Occam's Razor.

~M

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
Also - has anyone checked the corrupted wisps next to the Moonglow rift? Perhaps we can now interact with them in some way...?

~M

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: attacks, spoilers, vanguard