Great timing by stratics having their forums down

SO much for timing the event with other people on Origin.

Their forums are down during the spring cleaning stuff and the shadowlord event.

You cant even get technicial help for uo as well , as for some reason EA chose stratics as their tech support forum.

So far I havent seen anything going on. I went over to the bad moonglow and killed dark wisps , thats about it.

Good luck mrbill, not sure how many other Originals there are here, or in game for that matter, but hopefully you'll get updated sooner rather than later.

There is finally a post on the main Stratics site saying the downtime is beyond their control. :?

Stratics has become a huge network and a downtime like this should never happen. There are a few game sections still down. They will probably be working to bring those up first before the forums.

is not this what the herald is for? The reason EAMythic did away with official fansite program? Not the outage per say but so we would not have to rely on a fansite? So we could count on EAMythic to provide us with timely updates? Would have been nice to know if they have even turned on the attacks or did they forget again?

• Like 1

Well Stratics has been wanting to redo their sites and forums for sometime, the planning and changes have been a long time in coming.

This weekend's outage is especially bad timing for Stratics as many of their team were preparing for ION '08 (formerly known as OGDC, a dev & media conference) coming up week after next. Stratics is one of the media partners for the conference. Likely besides preparing for the conference, now their having to scramble to address a major network (network of sites) outage at the same time.

From the sound of things, they are considering how to address their options... get the site and forums back to where they were (which could be a HUGE amount of work); or move the site and forum updates up the schedule and convert what they have now into the new infrastructure to move forward with what was coming anyway.

No matter what Stratics does, either option is a huge undertaking.

I have this sneaking suspicion, their message database got corrupt and they've been trying to recover the data all these days and its not looking good. I predict we'll see a pristine new board in a couple days with no post history.

I have this sneaking suspicion, their message database got corrupt and they've been trying to recover the data all these days and its not looking good. I predict we'll see a pristine new board in a couple days with no post history.

I suspect this as well. There is no reason for their websites and forums to be down this long. Every minute it's down they are losing potential money from their advertisers. Also they are going to have to credit Stratics Plus Users (they better hope to have an automated way of doing that).

Yes, it is a terrible time for Stratics to be down for 3 days.

*Curses*

They moved their servers last year and did upgrades to them.

Yet, keep in mind that Stratics is not affiliated with EA Games.

I have some feelers out to upper Stratics staff through ICQ, but I'm guessing that I get no answers, more than what comes over the boards eventually.

Lady Sebrina (Stratics News Reporter)

Oh, I understand Stratics isn't affiliated with EA, which is why I hope EA learned their lesson. Next time, maybe they won't put all their eggs in one (free) basket.

Just a side not on this. On my show I do a segmant on UHall where I pick a post from the week to talk about on my show and whos ever post I pick wins 2 mil. on the shard of there choice.

Since stratics has been down I am going to switch it up to picking a post from UOforums instead. :)

Damn, that's a pretty sweet idea Tazz (no, not the doing it here, but the concept in general. but the doing it here instead of Stratics 'cause it's down shows your perserverence :) ).

Also they are going to have to credit Stratics Plus Users (they better hope to have an automated way of doing that).

Actually, ever since we stopped allowing new Stratics Plus users, NO Stratics Plus users have been charged. They have had Stratics Plus for free for quite some time now. ;)

Please see my post in the main thread on the UO Stratics Forums downtime: http://www.uoforums.com/f281/anyone-know-whats-up-stratics-42956/index10.html

Just a side not on this. On my show I do a segmant on UHall where I pick a post from the week to talk about on my show and whos ever post I pick wins 2 mil. on the shard of there choice.

Since stratics has been down I am going to switch it up to picking a post from UOforums instead. :)

Wow that rocks! :)

Thanks for the encouragement but don't get too excited yet. Anyone that has tuned into our show knows that we may not give the poster a warm fuzzy feeling :P

We may grab a post that we think is awful and pick on you for a half hour or so but hey at least you still win 2 million gold :diablo:

Thanks for the encouragement but don't get too excited yet. Anyone that has tuned into our show knows that we may not give the poster a warm fuzzy feeling

We may grab a post that we think is awful and pick on you for a half hour or so but hey at least you still win 2 million gold

Haha, I could only imagine what you could dig up here. *hides*

First time UOF poster here.

I was addicted to Stratics but now I'm saved. I have gone into the light!

Nice board. No flashing ads. No having the screen refresh while I'm reading something. Seems more civil than Stratics.

Oh yeah on to my observation of Stratic's down-ness.

Doesn't it appear as though Stratics contracted the UO team to fix their servers? "Fixing the servers is on our list but not in this publish. Next question."

We may grab a post that we think is awful and pick on you for a half hour or so but hey at least you still win 2 million gold :diablo:

Pucker up for safety! wink.gif

Actually, ever since we stopped allowing new Stratics Plus users, NO Stratics Plus users have been charged. They have had Stratics Plus for free for quite some time now. ;)

Oh? Then I really have to wonder what that $3.45 charge from Flashlink that has appeared on my credit card statement every month like clockwork for the last year and more is for since the only thing I ever used Flashlink for was Stratics Plus. :?

-Skylark