Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Awesome Housing Change!! Some Q & A help

- - - - - awesome change housing

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
Lots of questions have been asked ,so after finding a this threadI thought I would post over some comments to help UOForum members.

The thread started by TopHousePlotter and can be found here

Five on Friday - alert for anyone who plays 'musical houses' with closed accounts

"When are you going to do something about all the trial accounts that monopolize the good housing spots?"

This is an extremely common complaint, and a valid one. The fix is not trivial, but we think it's worth it - as of the next publish, characters that are less than 15 days old will not be able to place or trade houses. This means that 14-day trial accounts will not be able to place or trade houses (as there's no way for the character to be older than the account,) and it should level the playing field a bit for our paying customers.

If I'm reading this right it means that anyone who lets their house get far enough into the decay cycle that they need to transfer it, they're not going to be able to use a trial account to do it

AWESOME CHANGE!!!!!!!

~~~~

Ya looks like the IDOC'ers and House Sellers / Scripters just got PWNED! Bought damn time too....

##########

....this statement from you...

"I think there should be a timer in place that after a idoc falls that no one would be able to place anything until after that timer is up. Say a 15 min timer..."

isn't even an option due to the changes that will *hold* that spot for the account only. *rummages to find the info*

Bah I can't find it...but Draconi stated somewhere that once a house is dropped or falls, that area will be account bound for a limited time...so I'm *guessing* this goes for IDOC's too. Once a house falls, that area is off-limits to everyone BUT the account that held the house so placing a temp house to loot all the stuff won't happen.

~~~~

The quote you seek,

"House Placement changes

• House resizing: demolishing a house creates an account bound area for guaranteed house placement for a limited time
• House placement exploit fixes"

Doesn't sound like IDOCs are intended for the account bound area.

~~~~

Well this statement...

"House resizing: demolishing a house creates an account bound area for guaranteed house placement for a limited time"

Is what makes me THINK...now I don't know but if a house is demo'd the spot remaining is account-bound, why wouldn't that be the same for IDOC's? A house falls and the spot is still account bound...MAYBE we can get some clarification from Draconi next week on this.

~~~~

The two scenarios are different and hence should have a different rule set.

A demolishing of a house is an act committed because a desire exists for change. I own the land and have decided to change the structure upon it.

An IDOC is born out of neglect. I stopped paying my taxes and didn't complete proper maintenance - the house falls and the land is taken.

Makes complete sense to me

~~~~

Only houses that were demolished by the owner will have an account-bound safe placing area.

IDOCs and other forms of devastation (see Luna) will have a temporary no-place region that decays randomly.

Tim "Draconi" Cotten -
UO Lead Designer -
EA Mythic

~~~

OH !!! SWEET !!!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Three thumbs up

best
year

##########

I like the change to the most part ..what i am a bit worried about is I have 2 accounts that i dont use to play on they just hold 2 houses ... both account are over 2 years old now , but the chars holding the houses are still in young status , since i never log them on unless i really need to.

I hope that change wont affect them and my houses go condemmed heh

I don't really think the young will end up being a problem..since they are over 14 days old, and on a vet account.

And anyway, with chars that old, you can simply renounce young status if it is a problem :P

##########

Considering that I currently have over 200 new account codes (7th ae buddy codes + new code from expansion packs) I am sure others have a lot of them as well. Each of those codes give 30-days free - so I really do not see that this change will have much impact... well... I guess it will help in Tokuno (7AE does not have access there) but Fel, Tram, and Malas will still be a big problem.

~~~~

It actually does, because you will have to start the account and create a char before the house you want to go for starts decaying

##########

Finally astep in the right direction just years late

~~~~

Unfortunate, but true. Then again, better late then never, eh? Next thing you know we’ll be getting commas in checks or something crazy like that.

Tim "Draconi" Cotten -
UO Lead Designer -
EA Mythic

##########

- ah, very interesting.

I wonder how this will impact 24/7 'players' that attempt to place 5 times per second versus regular players that cannot 'play' 24/7 and attempt to place 5 tps?

x: oh, oh, looks like I get the 1st pitchfork award! An honorary pitchfork made out of coal for the first angry mobster to come forth... just playin'.

~~~~

Well lets see, it will do nothing to deter the scripters since they are automated anyway...so what did this fix?

~~~~

My previous post highlighted the difference between the new feature of house resizing and IDOC decay. Further information about fixes for house placement exploits will be available in the patch notes.

Tim "Draconi" Cotten -
UO Lead Designer -
EA Mythic

##########

Well my take on it the period of time is less than 30 minutes and random, so with no house for their script to detect missing, it levels the playing field alot, it also stops the script loot to plot placers.

And with the added bonus of stopping the abuse of the free trial accounts.

In my opinion, it's a great change. The ones complaining the most about this change are the ones that constantly abuse the system currently in place.

##########

Only houses that were demolished by the owner will have an account-bound safe placing area.

What happens when 2 or more houses are demolished, do all the owners have the same placing rights?

The account-bound area only covers the original size of the house (including borders and room for stairs). If two neighbors both demolish and one tries to place on top of another’s, it won’t work. They can only place on top of their original area and any free space next to it.

~~~

IDOCs and other forms of devastation (see Luna) will have a temporary no-place region that decays randomly.

I hope there is more to this because that won't stop scripting in the least.

Yes, there’s more to it. The temporary no-place area for IDOCs is part of a package of fixes, including making item looting less exploitable.

Tim "Draconi" Cotten -
UO Lead Designer -
EA Mythic

##########

Way to go Draconi !! I've been waiting for these housing fixes for a very long time. I have been to many IDOCs and seen many of them fall and also have witnessed a IDOC guild on my shard sometimes using the placement script and also using the looting script. But most of the time, all they did was place a plot and placed most of the IDOC loot onto it. Leaving very little loot for the rest of us. Your fix here is a good thing. It will stop the cheaters and give everyone a more of a equal chance at all the IDOC loot. Thx again for this fix.

##########

how will this work for gathering smaller plots and demolishing them all to place larger houses , such as towers,keeps or castles ?

sometimes these plots require 5 houses to obtain.

~~~~

The house resizing is an option, not something that happens every time you demolish your house. So you can still just have a group of people drop their houses at the same time without initiating account-bound placement areas.

Tim "Draconi" Cotten -
UO Lead Designer -
EA Mythic

##########

That last post by Draconi left quite a few of us even more confused, not least of all, Larissa [Origins shard reporter

That's even more confusing.

Say you have a scenerio like this one.

Posted Image

All 5 small plots are owned by 5 different accounts, holding a castle spot.

Now when you said *If an owner demo's his house only the size of the original house and any FREE space around it is account bound and noone else can place*

Then you said
"The house resizing is an option, not something that happens every time you demolish your house. So you can still just have a group of people drop their houses at the same time without initiating account-bound placement areas. "

That part about NOT initiating account-bound placing areas....so with the scenerio above, all 5 DIFFERENT accounts can drop their houses simultaniously and ONE account can place a castle over the other 4 ACCOUNT BOUND areas???

I is confused...*scratches head*

~~~~

I haven't seen anything saying that it's the players choice....IF that is the case, great! Demo a house and get a gump asking if you want to initiate the account bound area or not is a GREAT idea...but so far haven't seen any evidence suggesting that's what's going to happen....

~~~~

Draconi just said it was last page

~~~~

Yep, posted by the Devil..ermm Draconi himself:

The house resizing is an option, not something that happens every time you demolish your house. So you can still just have a group of people drop their houses at the same time without initiating account-bound placement areas.

~~~~

That wasn't that clear to me....sorryreplied Larissa I"m not blonde but sometimes I need things spelled out for me. *grins*

So there will possibly be a gump before you demo your house asking if you want to turn on the account bound no placing area or not?
THAT is what I need to see...black and white....UGH I know I'm a pain. I got it now! *smiles*

~~~~

Well I cant honestly,say, this thread is any less confusing,but I hope some of you got the answers you seek. :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
Flutter reports

Here's a pic of what I got when I tested house re-sizing.

I placed a house and customized it.
I said "I wish to resize my house" and poof it was gone. I got a message that 100K was placed in my bank box.
I tried a house that wouldn't fit and got the customary message.
Then I placed this one.
I got NO conformation gump asking me the usual "is this what you want"... the house just placed.
Note the message I received about having to wait 7 hours though.
Pic for reference:

Posted Image

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: awesome, change, housing