Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Origin Server info?

- - - - - info origin server

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

RPG_Buff

RPG_Buff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
Anyone play on this server? How is the population? How is the economy? I have a friend starting to play UO for the first time and I was thinking of trying a different server with him.

If Orgin is sub-par what other one whould you recommend. I mildly enjoy Chesapeake but it is kinda low in population for my taste. We are both EST.

krashnss

krashnss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
as far as i know, origin is the the first server to get the patches updated to them... not sure about the population on it though...
i play on Great Lakes and it seems to have a pretty decent population throughout the day... come on over and check us out...
I am an Emmy for the guild -Y- so come check us out... look for Marzapan
The squeaky wheel gets the grease... but if it still squeaks after greasing it then replace it.

mrbill

mrbill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
Myself and Undead play on Origin. Right now our population is a bit light , theres plenty of house spots available.
The economy is a bit wierd , some stuff is very expensive while others cheap.

uNDEAD

uNDEAD

Earth is the best planet in the world.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
I've played about the same amount of time on both Origin and Chesapeake, so I can tell you the differences between the two.

Origin doesn't have nearly as many people as Chesapeake. On an average night, there are maybe one-tenth as many people at Origin's Luna bank as there are on Chessy.

The dungeons on Origin are pretty much empty every time I've been in them. On Chessy, I would go into Destard, and 20 people would be running around in circles, waiting for a dragon to spawn.

Housing spots are much more plentiful on Origin. My first day on the shard, I placed a keep. Not even 3 months later, I placed a castle. I could never have done that on Chessy.

As for the economy, it's weird. Certain items cost more on Origin, while others cost more on Chessy. The rarer an item, the more it will cost on Origin. They just aren't as plentiful due to Origin's small population.

Power scrolls seem to be harder to come by on Origin. When I go looking for a certain scroll on Chessy, I can usually find several of them with no problem. On Origin, I'm still waiting for certain scrolls to appear on a vendor (any vendor).

If you're into roleplaying, Chesapeake has a larger and more active RP community. There are several player-run towns on Chessy. Also, there are RP guilds on that shard. I haven't seen any RP guilds on Origin. That doesn't mean they're not there, but I haven't seen large number of RPers like I saw every day on Chessy.

For brand new players, I have to give Origin the edge. On Origin, there are guilds that will help new players learn the game, provide them with items such as weapons and armor, and even provide a new player orientation and a mentor. I never witnessed that on Chessy, but I've seen it countless times on Origin.

Personally, I prefer Origin over Chesapeake. I like that it isn't as crowded, and it's a lot easier to get to know people in the game, because there isn't as large a population. Sort of a small town vs. big city feel, I guess you'd say. I like that I can take my miner into the mines all over Britannia for a couple of hours and not see a single other player. I like that my only housing option isn't an 8x8. I like that I can go through Luna bank without major lag from 1,853,679 people sitting there spamming, "Selling the air you breathe. Party if interested."

I don't know if this helps you, but I hope you find it at least somewhat informative.

RPG_Buff

RPG_Buff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
Awesome summary, it helps a lot. I let my friend read it and he is sold, I just have to decide whether I an going to start over with him or eat the transfer costs and move some of my people from Chesapeake.

Cymbria Devereux

Cymbria Devereux

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts
Start over on Chesapeake! Then if you like it so much that you choose to stay, you can always transfer later!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: info, origin, server