Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Any AH tips?

- - - - - ah tips

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Snugglebunny

Snugglebunny

indisputably more awesome

• Members
  • 5,665 posts
I'm not sure if its the Outlands, or the fact i'm over the level 60 hump... but i've been getting a lot of green drops. Do you guys have any suggestions/tips for selling in the AH? I am horrible with pricing =)

Well rub butter on my beautiful butt and call me a croissant!

Posted Image

callumf

callumf

Stalking U

• Members
  • 2,107 posts
Search for similar objects or same objects and undercut them by 10-20% or more if you want a quick sale.

Put things up for sale on the weekend and time them to coincide with peak play times in your region.

Put them on the longest setting so they sit there for the max amount of time.

Dont use that stupid AH by the sea in the piratey place.

There's no real way of winning at the AH - its mainly about supply and demand - all you can do is maximise the possibility of making a sale.

You could also spam the trade channels - but personally that would be my last resort.

What I used to do was have a 3 level system - all items went in at max price [10-20% discount from norm] twice and if they didnt sell I would put them back in at 50% discount and if that failed sell them to NPCs.
Posted Image
owning all Su-Mi's bases since Y2K

Snugglebunny

Snugglebunny

• Members
  • 5,665 posts
Thanks Callumf.
What about armor that has one type of enhancement on it. I got a cloth chest piece and it has like +97 fire resist (or something high like that.... :P) Do people even bother customizing suits like that?

Posted Image

RMS Carpathia

RMS Carpathia

Madien of the Great Blue

• Members
  • 2,443 posts
Yeah the Piratey place Booty Bay and Winterspring no one uses ... well very FEW use it but mostly it is for people to transfer stuff from horde to alliance hehe

but Callumf covers pretty much all I do

you could also look to see when "Prime time is" for people being online and put it up a little before then which is probably weekends. If there is several of the item up which makes the item price go down just wait a bit... and check back to see if it went back up

-RMS Carpathia-
Posted Image

Cabe Bedlam

Cabe Bedlam

Master of Magic, no really I'm serious

• Members
  • 1,782 posts
Remember that Wowhead and Thottbot both have a general price value of items listed when you search that item. :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Snugglebunny

Snugglebunny

• Members
  • 5,665 posts
I have some atlas loot info thingy that gives me prices. But they don't seem to move :P

Posted Image

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
you could always put the greens in the guild bank for disenchanting or possible other uses by up and comers in the guild. I personally vendor anything that isnt warrior or dps gear, and apply it towards my flying mount fund.. Thats just the tank in me, and not caring about those worthless cloth pieces I find.. heh.... Oh another way to make GREAT money is to spec your alchemy for transmuting, and go farm those mote of life thingies, turn 10 into primals and sell them for 1g less than everyone else. i made TONS of cash while i was home doing this.

Petra

Petra

Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts

you could always put the greens in the guild bank for disenchanting or possible other uses by up and comers in the guild. I personally vendor anything that isnt warrior or dps gear, and apply it towards my flying mount fund.. Thats just the tank in me, and not caring about those worthless cloth pieces I find.. heh.... Oh another way to make GREAT money is to spec your alchemy for transmuting, and go farm those mote of life thingies, turn 10 into primals and sell them for 1g less than everyone else. i made TONS of cash while i was home doing this.

For Pete sakes Bo, are you home yet??? :-/

Posted Image
Posted Image

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
July 8th!! I am closely getting there!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ah, tips