Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Interrupting Spellcating in PvM

- - - - - interrupting pvm spellcating

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

UOreaper

UOreaper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
Is it possible to interrupt monster's spellcasting? (like is it usefull to bleed/poison/strangle, magic arrow, magic arrow, etc... to avoid enemy casting spells in PvM?)

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

Knowledge is power; Guard it well!

• Members
  • 2,250 posts
do not think so,

it is to compensate for the terrible AI control monsters have.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

UOreaper

UOreaper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
I have another question, though it has nothing to do with spell interrupt...

I have been reading on ninjitsu because I wanted to make that type of character, and most people think ninjitsu is worthless now and they stoned the skill.
Is it true that except for a couple of defensive spells (like shadowjump, animalform, or mirror image) the rest of the spells are worthless? Are the offensive spells useless?

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

• Members
  • 2,250 posts
never made or wanted to make a ninja so I have no answer.

really though if you have access to soulstones/fragments just take like your paladin or samuri and just remove chivarly or bushido, add in ninjuitsu try it out?

unless you have one of those multi-cram everything into the template character (the nox/mage/necro/pally/sammy/archer/tamer) so you can have all the bonuses and little downside then you going to have a problem fitting ninja skill in there.

UOreaper

UOreaper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
Thanks for the advice, but I would like to know if it is worth it before taking the time to train it.
If I dont get a ninjitsu user (or ex-ninja) to comment about the skill, then I will try your way though.
Would be frustrating to train up to trash the skill though.

Adrianna Danere

Adrianna Danere

Stop staring at my daishos

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
Not sure if it works on any magery spells, but you definitely can interrupt monsters' spirit speaking.

Posted Image

UOreaper

UOreaper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
Great, thanks for your help adrianna

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

• Members
  • 2,250 posts
well what are you really losing?

except a few days time training up a skill? it does not work out? come back here tell us what you found lacking in the skill. then just flush it off.

Achilles

Achilles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
ninjitsu is worthless unless ur a stealth archer, stealthing increases damage of the offensive spells like deathstrike, deathstrike used to do like 40 damage with 0 stealth now it does like 18 dmg, they ruined alot of good temps with that, in my opinion yes its worthless it sets on a soulstone for looks now, best way to use ninjitsu is on a pvp tamer temp for wolf form lol

Gnomy

Gnomy

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,946 posts
ninjutsu got nerfed because people abused stealth ninja archers with deathstrike, since you could do incredible dmg with it if the target didnt look out.. then the ninja would jump into animalform and run away in high speed... also ninja bolas were common..

Posted Image

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

• Members
  • 2,250 posts
Thanks for the answers gentlemen,

good to know, never wanted a ninja anyway.

Personally I think character with ever skill on them (pally/sammy/necro/mage/ninja/tamer) should not be allowed anyways.

Yes, I realize it limits your freedom but every since EAMythic introduced these newer skill sets. You have no choice but to make your characters into templates like this if you really want to pvp anymore.

guess that is really another thread discussion though.

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
I like ninjitsu for a thief.

- It is invaluable to be able to stealth at mounted walking speeds.
- Shadowjump puts you in range of many marks
- Ferret form is probably the most underused thief attribute in the game. See the adventures of Chad Sexington for tips on how to best utilize it.
- Dog/Cat/Cu Sidhe forms allow you to heal while hidden and immobile, without being revealed.
- Mirror image will save your life. Of course, that life is of questionable value anyhow with a thief...
- I think you also need ninjitsu to use shurikens - not sure. But being able to DP without any poison skill is handy.
- Shadowstrike is still the most amusing thing to observe at Brit Fel. I love watching Vlad the Impaler stealth around in Ki-rin form, pick off wounded pvpers and then fade away untouched.

~M

UOreaper

UOreaper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

ninjitsu is worthless unless ur a stealth archer, stealthing increases damage of the offensive spells like deathstrike, deathstrike used to do like 40 damage with 0 stealth now it does like 18 dmg, they ruined alot of good temps with that, in my opinion yes its worthless it sets on a soulstone for looks now, best way to use ninjitsu is on a pvp tamer temp for wolf form lol

If I also raise stealth will it be usefull like before then?

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
You could always try it out on the test shard if you are that wary of training up the skill for no reason if you don't enjoy it.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

UOreaper

UOreaper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
Thanks for the suggestion. I have never played on the test shard so I didnt realize I could test it there ;)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: interrupting, pvm, spellcating