Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Dungeon Crawling Help

- - - - - crawling dungeon

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

RPG_Buff

RPG_Buff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
I have returned to UO after a long absence. I began playing when the game released and quit about 3 years ago. With my new account, I was able to work all my combat skills up to max levels fairly quickly but I just get owned in any dungeon.

I just can’t seem to comprehend how they want us to fight in them. I hack and slash my way in only to be over whelmed by masses of baddies when they respawn 1 minute after I kill them. Does anyone know of any guides covering strategies for hunting? I did read the PvM post on these forums and it helped, but I am just trying to absorb everything I can.

I don’t remember having this problem before but it could be on my server (Chesapeake) when I hit any old world dungeon now, I never see another soul. Where in the old days you would have to fight off 20 other people for one kill.

I want to get back into the game, but the me versus 1000 angry insta-respawning mobs doesn’t seem so fun. Also, I hear some talk about Doom Gauntlet and other new dungeons, if there is any posts or guides anyone knows about them I would greatly appreciate it.

krashnss

krashnss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
This is UO in a nutshell for the past 5 years or so....

Newb... im too weak... gimme something so i can kill things better
Vet.... ok i have this thing that lets me kill things better now so make the Mobs harder...
rinse repeat...

I bet EAMythic is looking at most of the UO players as spoiled children that are never happy...

Just my 2 cents
The squeaky wheel gets the grease... but if it still squeaks after greasing it then replace it.

elffyb

elffyb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts
wow krashnss nice warm welcome back :) But unfortunately you are pretty close to the mark :(

@RPG_buff unfortunately skills alone will no longer keep you alive. To compensate for the vet part of krashnss fair assesment some monsters are tougher than they used to be to compensate for the balance in item properties.

You will need to read more, and post your template (and suit) on the forum and let those tweakers give you some advice.

RPG_Buff

RPG_Buff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

You will need to read more, and post your template (and suit) on the forum and let those tweakers give you some advice.

I may have mis-stated my question. What I was asking for was some direction to good posts and or guides related to dungeon crawling in todays UO. As you stated I need to read more, I am just trying to find out what to read.

Alot of the sites I used to frequent for info are gone or only talk about WoW now. I will post my current build and gear set up once I get home from work.

I am not sure if Krashnss is pissed at me, my question or the state of UO in gerneral but I am sorry for causing some upset.

Himmelweiss

Himmelweiss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
The instant respawn is really annoying, as soon you kill any add while focusing on your main target (Shadow Wyrm in Destard lvl 2 for example) it just respawns 2 secs later 3 steps away :P

Stupid respawnsystem imo.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: crawling, dungeon