Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Collectible thread questions...

- - - - - collectible questions thread

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

krashnss

krashnss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
So heres my question... has anyone noticed getting more threads of one type than another... ive killed litterly hundreds of dark wisps, and ive gotten 6 threads of life.... i know there are fate and is it truth threads too? im wondering if your karma or anything has anything to do with the type of threads youll get or am i just getting very unlucky with the drops?

just wondering if anyone else has any info on what they've been getting and if your getting something else is your karma negative/neutral? mine is positive for sure
The squeaky wheel gets the grease... but if it still squeaks after greasing it then replace it.

Calell

Calell

Red-Headed Stepchild

• Members
  • 2,245 posts
I haven't been there in a while, sorry, I can't answer that. I've heard it's random, though, so it could have a higher randomizer weight for each...kind of like ore and wood...sorry :(
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks Nev!

Stewan Seagull

Stewan Seagull

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
I found a lot more Life Threads than Fate (maybe 1:5-10), but I heard from others they get them the other way round.

krashnss

krashnss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

I found a lot more Life Threads than Fate (maybe 1:5-10), but I heard from others they get them the other way round.

Out of curiosity whats your karma level... im trying to do a little research to see if karma has ANYTHING at all to do with it... like i said i was at positive karma and only seem to get life threads... do you know if those that got mostly fate threads were negative or not?
The squeaky wheel gets the grease... but if it still squeaks after greasing it then replace it.

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
For the record, my Tamer (with high positive karma) gets only threads of life.

My Necro Mage (with low positive, possibly neutral karma - but not negative) gets Fate.

The necro mage was at day one of the event and holding blackrock. not so for the tamer.

~M

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

Knowledge is power; Guard it well!

• Members
  • 2,250 posts
I have only gotten 30 threads total, curiously I have gotten 15 of life and 15 of fate.

Was on my paladin at the beginning of event was glorious lord, now I am down to great.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
Actually, I think I misspoke earlier. Turns out I've gotten one thread of life and one thread of fate on my Necro mage. Tamer still only gets Life.

~M

Adrianna Danere

Adrianna Danere

Stop staring at my daishos

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
Been there on a mage with full positive karma, and I've been getting both threads. A few more of Life than of Fate, but still I'd say they drop pretty equally.

The char never did cast Armageddon, until this event to kill the Shadowlord ethereals. So not infected.

Posted Image

krashnss

krashnss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
hmmmm.... i was not at the first event either, also i found something very odd... i put on a cloak for quite a while.... never noticed a karma message but when i logged on the next day i had gone from famed to despicable overnight... anyone else notice this?

Stewan Seagull

Stewan Seagull

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Out of curiosity whats your karma level... im trying to do a little research to see if karma has ANYTHING at all to do with it... like i said i was at positive karma and only seem to get life threads... do you know if those that got mostly fate threads were negative or not?

low positive usually, about kind.
donĀ“t know for sure for the others.

And yes, noticed the karma-thing with the cloak too, kind -> rude.

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
I haven't noticed any more "you feel like you have the strength of two men" messages since I put on a cloak...did these stop for everyone, or just me?

~M

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

Knowledge is power; Guard it well!

• Members
  • 2,250 posts
fairly sure it has stopped for everyone, I was there for the first day for this "bonus". I have not even woren a cloak of corruption.

I have not get the "strong" message since those first days. Unless there is going to be a benefit during the continued event in May. I would guess they most likely screwed something up in the coding again.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

Risso

Risso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
I thought the wisps had stopped dropping threads yesterday, as I didn't find any for AGES! Got all excited too, thought the plot was moving on :P But anyway, yes, I have loads more Life than Fate!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: collectible, questions, thread