Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

The Syndicate - UO:KR Guide Updated With Tips & Tricks

- - - - - guide syndicate tips tricks uokr updated

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
UO:KR Guide Updated With Tips & Tricks
--------------------------------
About a month ago, The Syndicate® released an overview of the UO:KR Client.

It covers things like the Crafting System, the Mapping System, Setting up Macros and much more.

The guide has received a great deal of positive feedback and hundreds of reads.

Since then, we have worked to expand the guide to include tips and tricks.

A revised version of the guide has been released here: The Syndicate - Premier Online Gaming Guild

Some of the interesting new information includes:
Setting up a KR macro to recall you to the last place you had recalled to...
Setting up Lumberjacking and Mining macros to swing/chop up to 10 times before needing to press the key again using the KR clients repeat option.
Copying a template from a character you have setup exactly like you
prefer it, to another char and more.

If you have any other tips and tricks that you would like to see included, please use the Contact link at the top of the guide and be sure to include your characters name and your shard so you can be given credit.

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA
Thanks for sharing! I always learn something awesome from this Syndicate write-up. The first bit taught me of the scroll wheel setting where you can set your scroll wheel to the next enemy target (can you say, soooooooo handy?)

This one has a cool recall macro!

I bet if I read the entire thing, I'd learn even more. heheheh it's looooong :)

I haven't gotten into custom UI's but this Bitter Black one mentioned in the article is intriguing... and in checking that out, I found a cool one for animal lore that I might try too!

Good good stuff.

Nok

Nok

Founder/Publisher of GameXbar

• Members
  • 3,217 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
News item added. :)

Here is the Bitter Black screen capture from UOSkins.com:

Attached Thumbnails

• UOKRbitterblack2.jpg

Posted Image
GameXbar: DAoC - LOTRO - MMO - UO - WAR - WoW

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
I am IN LOVE with Bitter Black!!!!! AND, it includes Sarphus's Animal Lore gump improvements, which... OMG... MUST HAVE for tamers!!!

Oh - and I was reading through the entire Syndicate tutorial last night, and as expected, I *did* learn another new thing - I didn't realize that with KR, when you set up a dress or equip macro, you DO NOT have to undress/unequip before dressing/equipping. KR will undress/unequip for you when you hit the equip macro. NICE!

Gyvalor

Gyvalor

collecter of death robes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
Kit, I have not had the chance to read all the way through that Syndicate tutorial yet. Do they explain how to set up that dress and equip macro? This is one of the main things keeping from leaving UO Assist.
Posted Image

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
They mention it, but it doesn't require much explanation as it's one of the built-in macros in KR. Basically, you choose the equip macro from the list, and drag an item (armor piece, weapon, etc) into the first macro box. It'll automatically add a 2nd box, where you can drag another item, on and on until you're done. I have one to dress my entire outfit (such as, after I die), and one to equip different weapons or spellbooks. Since you don't have to un-equip first, you can just hit whichever equip macro you want, and it'll automatically drop whatever you had in your hand and equip the new thing. :)

Merc

Merc

bellum omnium in omnes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts
The dress macro for KR is awesome, you get dress in less then a second.

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
Any chance UOForums can get permission to post it here? Stupid work filter...again...blocking me from 'game' related sites.

Thank goodness they haven't found this one yet.

~M

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: guide, syndicate, tips, tricks, uokr, updated