Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Warriors of Destiny post by Tim Cotten (Draconi) 4/11

- - - - - 4 or 11 cotten destiny draconi post tim warriors

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Queen Mum

Queen Mum

A Cookie A Day Keeps The Blues Away!!!

• Members
  • 5,130 posts

on UOHERALD.COM

Warriors of Destiny

Tim Cotten ... 11 Apr 2008 ... 16:00:55 EST

By now, many of you may have noticed the new banner splashing across the top of the uo.com site, Live Events 2008! I’m especially excited about our plans for this year, and even more so about the event arc we’ve just begun: Warriors of Destiny.

Based off the contents of Ultima V, in which Britannia and the Virtues are utterly betrayed, this event arc ties together many threads from our past and forges a future where order and chaos are pitted once more against each other. Old and new enemies alike are reaching out to ensure Britannia meets her fate.

Everyone will be free to choose their alignments, and I’m sure the loyal Warriors of Destiny won’t be the only group to be titled for their deeds…
Publish 52: The War of Shadows

The Shadowlords, long displaced from the shards of Sosaria, have at last found their way home through the machinations of one dedicated follower. The blackrock detector, a beacon of hope for the government against the insanity gripping the land, instead opened a rift directly to the ethereal void. Nothing could stop their advance: not Kronos, not even the Time Lord himself.

The disparate events of the past – the rise of blackrock, a needless conflict with the Ophidians, the devastation of Haven and razing of Magincia – are finally weaving into a tapestry of betrayal. The kingdom is destabilized, chaos reigns, and the conditions ripe for the masters of Hatred, Cowardice, and Falsehood to lay waste to everything Britannia stands for.

No more foreshadowing.
No more hints.

The Shadowlords are here.
Weakened, but here.
Growing stronger every day.
Preparing to strike, at last.

Features

Faction changes
• Turn off load balancing between factions; factions can grow to any size
• Allow multiple characters from the same account onto the same faction
• Reduce faction quit time from 7 to 3 days
• Fix stairs for ghosts (should resolve issues with the SL base)
• Interesting rewards for participating in the war while in factions

House Placement changes
• House resizing: demolishing a house creates an account bound area for guaranteed house placement for a limited time
• House placement exploit fixes

Turn-ins
• Invasion item turn-ins
o Ophidian
o Rat coins
o Magincia
o Mad Mage

Scenario 1: War of Shadows
• Stay tuned!

And so the live design team rolls on, leaving many bugs squashed, exploits patched, and houses aflame. See you soon, and enjoy the ride!

Tim “Draconi” Cotten
Lead Live Designer
Ultima Online
EA Mythic

Calell

Calell

Red-Headed Stepchild

• Members
  • 2,245 posts
Finally, somethign to do with all those rat coins taking up piece-by-piece space!!! :(
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks Nev!

Blurghh

Blurghh

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
Well, that post was actually a rather good one!
Had a few laughs and in general this post has left me with a good feeling about the future of UO.

Only one thing I am hoping for though...
With the item turnin, I hope it's not just items for artifacts, like the Tokuno thing, or items against economy like the Haven
We don't need more artifacts, we need more goodies! New goodies!
Stable masters for houses come in mind.
Second, let those new items be exclusive for a while (like a year or so), then make them more widely available by (by lack of thinking of something better) being able to buy them off NPC vendors for gold (Goldsink yay!).
Third, it would be truly awesome if the item rewards had formulas.
For example, 1 gold souvereign + 1 ophidian orders + 10 planeswords + 3 ophidian bardiches + 2 pieces of large blackrock = stable master!
"Mega ib urk, yuga ib nub urk.
Bud iv yuga ib urk den mega ib mudzj zmardur den yuga!
Hur hur!
(Bud yuga ib nub urk!)"
- Intelligent conversations with Blurghh (2008)

I'm at work and when I'm bored all I can think of is Blurghh (he is the sex)

Blurghh

Blurghh

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
And fourth, it would be truly fantastic if they did not blow up another city after we turn in the items.
Hur hur!
(Bud yuga ib nub urk!)"

Blurghh

Blurghh

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
Fifth, I meant to post about the other post on UO.com
Hur hur!
(Bud yuga ib nub urk!)"

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
There's an edit button you can add the fourth and fifth items to your first post Blurghh :)

Did they tie Inu in with this anywhere? Is it somehow going to be involved with Stygian Abyss? Or is that shelved for now?

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
I thought ultima 5 already happened... will we start to repeat patches as well?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Adrianna Danere

Adrianna Danere

Stop staring at my daishos

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts

I thought ultima 5 already happened... will we start to repeat patches as well?

None of the original Ultima storylines actually "happened" on the shards that UO takes place on, except for the first one but then again the shards didn't exist at that point...

Anyhoo, even though several events are loosely based on the prime Ultima lore, the shards have their own history and go on a separate timeline. For instance, if Ultima 5 had happened in UO, where's the Avatar?

Seems to me we've passed the three Ages of Darkness (Mondain dead, Minax's attacks kinda over, Exodus popped around during the whole Ilshenar thing, kinda gone now though not dead... we've been mucking around with Virtue dungeons and Virtue armor, that's about as much as we get regarding the Quest of the Avatar, so next up it's Warriors of Destiny, enter Shadowlords for real.

Posted Image

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
I've just read, re-read and pondered Draconi's post.

1) No timeline for Pub 52. When is it anticipated?
2) Wonder what would happen if I became a Shadowlord Faction member and entered the rift? Would I be immune from attacks by the evil shadow-aligned monsters?
3) The monsters in the rift are demons (faction-associated), wisps (faction-associated), fetid essences (peerless associated) and Fallen Warriors (umm..no idea). I'm thinking that this has absolutely no bearing on anything, but I'm rather sad that - if this event is faction-linked - we didn't have more play with faction monsters.
4) More pixel crack? Sweet! Pity I'm only in true Brit faction.
5) Multiple characters on the same faction - but what about multiple characters on multiple factions? In a way, I'd prefer that...maybe today I'm feeling helpful, but tomorrow I'm feeling "squash-the-world!"
6) I need to start farming silver again...
7) Perhaps the inclusion of factions is a way for the devs to allow red players to participate in the event. (although you've chosen to be red, so suck it up)
8) I like Sun-dried Tomato and Basil Triscuitts. A lot.

*munches*

~M

Blurghh

Blurghh

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

There's an edit button you can add the fourth and fifth items to your first post Blurghh :)

Did they tie Inu in with this anywhere? Is it somehow going to be involved with Stygian Abyss? Or is that shelved for now?

I reckon they shelved that one.

And edit buttons are for sissies!
Real men stand for their errors and deal with it!
Hur hur!
(Bud yuga ib nub urk!)"

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Good point, and I really wanted to see (even though I'm not even playing) where the Inu storyline was going to go.

:Rofl

This is true about the edit function, I R sissy, but then again, if I didn't use the edit function, I'd probably be nearing 100k posts instead of 10k.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

elffyb

elffyb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts
I look at Inu as the UO equivalent of a MUD quest/story hint MOB.

Originally introduced with a large fanfare to give players some new content, make players aware of her existance and kept in continuation to them give them hints on new quests/stories.

antiochian

antiochian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Finally, somethign to do with all those rat coins taking up piece-by-piece space!!! :(

What are rat coins??

Calell

Calell

Red-Headed Stepchild

• Members
  • 2,245 posts
coins from the sherry the mouse event
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks Nev!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 4 or 11, cotten, destiny, draconi, post, tim, warriors