Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Gaining Honor?

- - - - - gaining honor

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA
OK... so here's what Stratics says about honor (below). Does that mean you cannot gain honor if you are a tamer and your pet is the one doing the fighting??

Gaining Honor:

You can gain Honor by engaging in honorable combat with monsters or NPCs. You can do this by double-clicking the Honor icon on the Virtue gump and targeting an appropriate opponent. You will face your opponent, bow to them, and speak the words, “I honor you.”

You then must defeat your opponent in an honorable fashion.

Honorable combat is defined as:

* Allowing your opponent to damage you first.
* Engaging in one-on-one combat.
* Not using ranged weapons, unless you stay in the same spot where you honored your opponent, or you only damage your opponent while adjacent to them.
* Not allowing your pets or summoned creatures to help you during the battle.
* Avoiding the use of poison.

Paidric

Paidric

The Youngherder [HLP]

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
You can gain honor as a tamer, but need to run close to the monster before it dies. Also, the monster need be at full health (when you honor it). Which is hard with high end monsters who tend to cast Bless directly...
"If deathrobes were bank checks... I'd be filthy rich!"

New in Ultima Online? Visit Haven Helpers
Trade at Ingame Auctions!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ally

Ally

The Couch Hottie

• Members
  • 3,310 posts
Check out this guide we made Kit...

How do I use/gain virtues?

Not allowing your pets or summoned creatures to help you during the battle. (Again, this is not the case anymore. Pets and summons can help you gain honor. Tamers DO take a penalty on honor. At level 2, we can only gain from balrons, swoops, ancient wyrm, etc. Basically, monsters with fame in excess of 15000, according to uo.com and uo.stratics.com bestiary guides. Can still get to knight, just takes ALOT longer.)

Merc

Merc

bellum omnium in omnes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts
You should be able to. I gain valor with my tamer so I should be about to gain honor.

jfk

jfk

Lost in the Abyss

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
You can gain honor nicely with a tamer. Most difficult part is getting the honoring done before you or your pet are targeted. For a tamer, I've found taking a cu to succubus is a fast way to get your honor up. You can go from zero to knight in probably 3 hours.

merth

merth

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,493 posts
make a macro that honors target then tells pet to attack ..in this way you actually are honoring everything.

TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico

The Suave One

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
What are the bonuses to having high honor? Yeah, I'm lazy, I know I could always google it...la

merth

merth

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,493 posts
you can embrace honor by targeting yourself lets you move thru agressive monsters without getting attacked...really helps getting to those spawns without having to fight all the way there

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
Thanks all! I'm thinking merth's combo honor/kill macro is the way to go. Basically, I'm thinking of raising honor to help in taming greater dragons :)

merth

merth

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,493 posts
Baldguy taught me that one btw used to get mad at me for not honoring everything :)

Ally

Ally

The Couch Hottie

• Members
  • 3,310 posts

Thanks all! I'm thinking merth's combo honor/kill macro is the way to go. Basically, I'm thinking of raising honor to help in taming greater dragons :)

That should help you out a lot, specially if you're gonna be doing it a destard. Knight would give you 5 mins of peace from the other dragons/drakes while you tame one.

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts

Baldguy taught me that one btw used to get mad at me for not honoring everything :)

LMAO i can see that :P

i miss baldguy :-/

antiochian

antiochian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
Anyone know how long you have to wait for a second embrace of honor after the effect of the first one ends?

Ally

Ally

The Couch Hottie

• Members
  • 3,310 posts
You should be able to embrace as soon as the first one ends. That's how I usually lose my dots, when everything is crazy and I push the wrong buttons.

abracadabra

abracadabra

Mindless Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
Think it's a 5 minute timer to reuse the honor virtue.
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gaining, honor