Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Cart gain help

- - - - - cart gain

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

krashnss

krashnss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
Ok im at 99.5 cart now... does anyone know how long it takes to gm from there on level 4 maps.... or wether or not the satyr trick in TW works for cart?
The squeaky wheel gets the grease... but if it still squeaks after greasing it then replace it.

jfk

jfk

Lost in the Abyss

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
The satyr trick still works, shouldn't take you even an hour to finish. Or, you can live off .1 gains per day or two (depending on your total skill level) from the GGS system. Personally, I used the GGS since I had everything stoned off and it took about two days. For lockpicking, I used the satyrs and it took about 3 hours to finish, which was pretty sweet. Your choice I guess.

krashnss

krashnss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
i think i will do the satyr thing.... considering i have carpal tunnel now from making those stupid maps.... and stupid me didnt even think about making them in tram where i could have at least sold em back to the npc... stupid me did it in malas so i was throwing away about 1k useless maps everyday....:o
The squeaky wheel gets the grease... but if it still squeaks after greasing it then replace it.

elffyb

elffyb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts
5 days, work it with your guaranteed gain (ggs). Here's what I did.

Buy/collect about 10 Cleverly maps. Make sure the cleverly map is marked 'Tattered' if it is NOT 'Tattered' it is already decoded and you can't gain from it.

Lock all of the skills and set only Cartography to raise. Log the character off for 24 hours.

Login at a certain time ... say noon. Decode maps until you get your GGS. Log out do something else.

Login again a little after noon the next day, decode maps until you get your GGS. Log out do something else.

Repeat that until you are GM.

Unless you have 100s - 1000s of Cleverly maps the rate at which you get gains at 99.5 is so low I couldn't detect it.

Its important to have all your other skills locked so you don't gain in something by accident. And its also important to make sure you wait a FULL 24 hours so notate the time you get your first .1, and try to time that when you know you can be at the keyboard at roughly the same time every day.

bbobccat

bbobccat

member of the Beetle Riders of Britannia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationSoCal
I thought you could do it by making world maps out of blank scrolls. Also, for ggs you need to make an attempt every day but ggs guarantees you a gain only if you don't get one by doing a lot of maps. I would make a few world maps each day, at 99.5 you might not get the .1 gain every day but you will at least every other day.
Loki (Pacific)

elffyb

elffyb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts
Once you reach 99.5 it is IMPOSSIBLE to gain from making world maps unless you use some sort of trick to lower your cart (satyr/guildmember discord).

krashnss

krashnss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
well i wussed out and did the satyr thing.... took about 300 more blank scrolls to get the .5 gains.... thank you UO for making my life easier... hehe:> feel free to flame me or whatever... ive spent enough money on their shards... they can give me an easy .5

bbobccat

bbobccat

member of the Beetle Riders of Britannia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationSoCal
I sure as heck won't flame you or blame you. I did it when you get also make a lot of money in the process by selling your world maps back to the npc for a nice profit.
Loki (Pacific)

krashnss

krashnss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

I sure as heck won't flame you or blame you. I did it when you get also make a lot of money in the process by selling your world maps back to the npc for a nice profit.

Thanks bbobccat... appreciate it... im guessing i lost out on somewhere near 100k by not selling my maps back.... oh well... lesson learned...:D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cart, gain