Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Double clicking Threads of Fate and Life Discovery[ ** Possible Spoilers**]

- - - - - clicking discovery double fate life spoilers threads

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
I have been gathering info about the Threads of Fate and Life after Magister_Returns and several others posted questions about them.

Some of the messages from the Thread of Fate seem to be connected with the Principles of Love, Truth and Courage, or the corresponding Anti-Principles of Hatred, Falsehood and Cowardice.

The Shadowlords are the embodiments of the Anti-Principles...

HATRED - "The coldness bursts into flame: for a moment your hatred knows no bounds."

TRUTH - "Clarity leads you to an insightful thought, and you find yourself pleased with your rationale."

COWARDICE - "Fear rises from the pit of your stomach you flee, you flee without hesitation"

~~~~~~

TirNaNog tested 6 threads on 2 accounts and came up with the following results

Character 1

-4 Karma titled necromancer with 100 spirit speak

has cast Armageddon and hears voices

fought in Moonglow only after the live portion was over

Character 2

0 Karma titled crafter (in positive range) with 100 spirit speak

never cast Armageddon

has not gone to the event or Moonglow

Both were able to use the threads and receive the same message from each thread. My six threads had five messages (two identical). Neither character attended the event. A third character with 50 spirit speak was unable to use them.

Nothing seemed to happen when using multiple threads in a sequence, and the "experience fades away.." message would interrupt the process, indicating (I think) that there was no effect of chaining along a single thought by using them together.

I think from what others have posted and my tests, this can be concluded:

1. Each thread gives only one message, consistently, no matter who uses it.

2. Attending the event is not a determinant.

3. Karma is not a determinant.

4. The threads require a spirit speak skill greater than 50, equal or less than 100. (I'd like to know Gildar's 45 skill necro's SS skill level)

5. I suspect the artwork (angle of thread) has no relevance.

~~~~

I like Sir Bolo's suggestion of fitting some of the phrases with the principles, anti-principles, or virtues and anti-virtues. Some seem like perfect matches, yet others not. I think this only applies to the Threads of Fate.

I thought the threads seem like they could be grouped together by type though..

Thread of Fate

Good things:

"Peace comforts you; the hand of fate gives way to your hope."

"Clarity leads you to an insightful thought, and you find yourself pleased with your rationale." (Truth?)

"For one pure moment absolute joy overwhelms you; you've never felt happier."

"Regret and remorse fall away at long last: you feel forgiven"

"Feelings of warmth and appreciation wash over you: you've gained something."

Ambiguous things:

"Passion dances with lust, you know what you want." (Covetous?)

Bad things:

"Fear rises from the pit of your stomach; you flee, you flee without hesitation." (Destard or Cowardice?)

"Despair and sorrow sink to the depths of your soul: a precious thing was lost."

"The coldness bursts into flame; for a moment your hatred knows no bounds." (Despise or Hatred?)

Thread of Life

These seemed to be in the category of "life events". The events themselves didn't seem specific enough to pertain to any stories. They just seemed like fragments of an unspecific normal life. Also, they are all simple sentences. I put them in a sort of order.

"You are born."
"You begin working."
"You make a new friend."
"You marry."
"You have a child."
"You protect something"
"You fight."
"You are imprisoned."

The following seemed to all relate similarly to a decision or choice to be made. I don't want to add much conjecture on whether they might relate to the "event choice" (as in choose your side) or just lump them in with the "life events".. however they do seem different and are definitely longer, compound sentences.

"You take a moment to reflect upon the past, and find it leads you to a solution for the present"

"You face a dark wood with two paths, and finally choose the one you wish to travel."

"You're faced by an unfamiliar problem, but experience has given you the tools to forge ahead."

The following seem the most intriguing to me. They seem to indicate some sort of vision which might yield some clues about the events or some world or being beyond our own knowing.

"For a fleeting moment you walk along the edge of a dream, sharing in the experience."

"Vivid images fill your mind, and unfamiliar thoughts struggle to give them meaning"

"A jumble of thoughts tumble chaotically through, but at last the confusion passes."

"For a brief moment you are able to believe something as someone else does, yet it doesn't last."

I copied the messages from the threads from Vaen Swiftar's post, and others I noticed in the thread in an effort to organize the findings.
If anyone else has threads with different messages or different findings, I hope they keep adding to this thread.

sources at links

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
Thanks, JC!

Anyone have any info on the cloak or the threads of Fate?

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
I've seen the cloaks on FindUO.

They are cursed. Can anyone confirm that they instantly (or really really quickly) regenerate your mana?

~M

Copenhagen

Copenhagen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
well I can't say they really reg mana, but I wore one for a while .... my health would drop and then bounce back up, when my would health reg my mana would too.... additionally any tamed animal dead or alive would attack me (well dead ones only followed) not like there isn't enough spawn there attacking then add super dragons and the likes... or maybe it is just my animal magnentism :P

elffyb

elffyb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts
Does anyone know how to advance the spawn to the demons?

Or is it bad to have the demon spawn.

Blurghh

Blurghh

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
It seems that after dbl-clicking a thread of fate, my blackrock madness is gone as I no longer seem to infect animals/monsters and I no longer get the voices.

Can anyone confirm this?
"Mega ib urk, yuga ib nub urk.
Bud iv yuga ib urk den mega ib mudzj zmardur den yuga!
Hur hur!
(Bud yuga ib nub urk!)"
- Intelligent conversations with Blurghh (2008)

I'm at work and when I'm bored all I can think of is Blurghh (he is the sex)

Blurghh

Blurghh

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
Scrap that, my character's still a loon.
(Voices just went dormant for a while)
Hur hur!
(Bud yuga ib nub urk!)"

Twilight

Twilight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
The messages I have been getting arent listed above when i log on tonight i will write them down and post them.

Arhilion - Level 29 Mage - Ravencrest

"My mood is like my MSN it's always going to stay busy" - Arhilion

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
Thanks Twilight

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blurghh

Blurghh

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
Was that post written in invisible ink or is it just me who doesn't see it?
Hur hur!
(Bud yuga ib nub urk!)"

Twilight

Twilight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
I can see it just fine. :)

Arhilion - Level 29 Mage - Ravencrest

"My mood is like my MSN it's always going to stay busy" - Arhilion

Stewan Seagull

Stewan Seagull

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
Not verified, but I´m under the impression they suck Karma too.

ladykolleen

ladykolleen

Original Wonder Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts
hm. i clikced them and nothing happened

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: clicking, discovery, double, fate, life, spoilers, threads