Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Event Question and Answer thread

- - - - - answer event question thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
I'm sure eveyone has/will have questions. Here are a few I have found so far. Some have already been answered.

Asked by Connor Graham

and some quick answers by Draconi

1. What is up with the "you suddenly feel you have the strength of 2 men"?

Those who were there on day one receive a heal buff while remaining inside the timerift. This is not the only effect, and your continued presence in the rift will no doubt bring you even more benefits...

2. Has anyone gotten any arties aside from Planesword & Planeshield?

Good question!

3. Has anyone seen any Mystic weapons drop on any corpses?

Hmm, maybe Berserkers?

4. What's up with the totally insane lag? I didn't lag this much even at the beginning of Magincia.

Hundreds of people on the same screen at once

5. I notice that the area we're fighting in has the dynamic objects. Is there going to be rubble?

Nope

6. Why is there no area where we can rez without being rezkilled over and over? The creatures spawn everywhere, including right at the entrance gate.

I'm sure a solution will present itself in due course

7. What happens if you lose the piece of blackrock you had with you on the first day? Is it the blackrock that's marked or it the character that's marked, or even possibly the account?

Character. More things will reveal themselves in the timerift over the coming weeks. Think Magincia.

**edit

Oh, and the ethereal forms of the shadowlords have now reigned in the berserkers - they'll now fight together, and slowly the forces of darkness in the timerift will grow immune to the attacks of the berserkers until they all work as one.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
asked by rwek

Say i go in, drop 3 blackrocks on a shadow lord....if i run out the portal and wait in a safe spot can people get cloaks?

Pretty lame if so.

Mmm, nope. But thanks for the blackrock!

Tim "Draconi" Cotten -
UO Lead Designer -
EA Mythic

~~~~

Phyrra reports

So I thought I'd give it a shot and try double clicking the threads tonight to see if anything happened.. Nothing seemed to happen except for a few things.. This is what was seen after clicking them.

Fate: "Regret and remorse fall away at long last: you feel forgiven" "Feelings of warmth and appreciation wash over you: you've gained something." "Despair and sorrow sink to the depths of your soul: a precious thing was lost."

Life: "A jumble of thoughts tumble chaotically through, but at last the confusion passes." "For a brief moment you are able to believe something as someone else does, yet it doesn't last." "You have a child." "You are born."

After which they were followed with "The experience fades away as you break contact with the thread..."

Also, if you click on them again too soon you get: "Nothing happens, perhaps you are too tired from your last attempt?"

Not sure what any of this means, but maybe someone out there has an idea? Has anyone else had this happen?

[Edit] A friend clicked on his and this is what message he received from fate: "for one pure moment absolute joy overwhelms you: you've never felt happier!" and "The coldness bursts into flame; For a moment your hatred knows no bounds." also "Passion dances with lust: you know what you want"

And from life: "You made a new friend" also "You begin working" as well as "You face a dark wood with two paths, and finally choose the one you wish to travel"

several others posted their findings,including this from Vaen Swiftar

Ok

After some testing with some friends... it appears that only people with NEGATIVE KARMA will get something from the threads.

People with POSITIVE KARMA will get nothing.

Neutral karma, so far, has yielded no messages.

Wenchkin suggested

Perhaps the threads are there to try reaching out to the soul of the negatively aligned, and encourage them to help Moonglow, or they act as a way for those players to set aside their past crimes and join to save Moonglow.

Perhaps the threads unlock negative karma so it can raise again.

I haven't got any to try on my necro or thief to test yet. They're pretty cool fortune cookies though

Edit: just thought of something. Moonglow's the town linked to the Honesty virtue if memory serves me right. Maybe we should try taking the threads to the Honesty shrine and meditate or use them there.

~~~~

Draconi gave us this cryptic [?] response

Hmm, is there some common "thread" between the various templates being used successfully to double click the threads?

Perhaps its a matter of ability and not alignment.

Tim "Draconi" Cotten
UO Lead Designer
EA Mythic

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
LordIssac asked

After killing the ethy Shadowlords
ONE person gets THREE cloak of corruptions? And everyone is left hanging?

How does that make sense

~~~

Fixed: One for each of the Top 3 attackers.

Tim "Draconi" Cotten
UO Lead Designer
EA Mythic

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
In a thread entitled 'Is it over on Eastern Shards Tomas-Bryce asks

Its supposed to go for a week, no? I am guessing its just another glorified cycle spawn at core.

The "ethereal" forms of the three Shadowlords will continually reappear in the timerift.

You cannot kill the real Shadowlords at this time, these are merely extensions.
They seek blackrock, but they also fear it.

*The* spell, Armageddon, may aid you for once.

Destroying an ethereal form of a Shadowlord will yield great riches, and greater curses.

Yielding to their demands...

Tim "Draconi" Cotten
UO Lead Designer
EA Mythic

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
christy1221 asked

What do the thread of life and thread of fate look like and what do you get them off of. thanks in advance.

Posted Image

Thread of Fate is the vertical one next to it, but I've heard that the vertical/horizontal is random. I got each on [separate] dark wisps.

and a similar question came from JoyousGard

Has anyone using KR gotten the "Thread of ....?" It is many wisps I have killed. And there is always a missing spot in the squares of corpse loot... as if to say something could have been here, but you are not lucky...

Well, no one is that unlucky... is it possible that KR cannot get the thread? There is a similar problem with the lady mel thing that you drop in the basket... it is black... you canot see it. It has no color....

However when I scroll over these empty squares there is nothing in those boxes.

Mugwart kindly posted the answer to that

To get the Threads in KR you need to go into List Mode. They have no icon graphics sadly. Doesn't really affect me since I do use the List mode (I don't know what icons mean. )

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
Connor_Graham asked

I would like to know what benefit there was to being at the first part of the event yesterday, and why did we need to have blackrock with us?

ValenOfAtlantic answered this one

If you noticed the ring of "yellow" named people around the gate, and happened to bring another char *i did* than the first day. The yellow's were the people that showed up on friday.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
I have been gathering info about the Threads of Fate and Life after Magister_Returns and several others posted questions about them.

Some of the messages from the Thread of Fate seem to be connected with the Principles of Love, Truth and Courage, or the corresponding Anti-Principles of Hatred, Falsehood and Cowardice.

The Shadowlords are the embodiments of the Anti-Principles...

HATRED - "The coldness bursts into flame: for a moment your hatred knows no bounds."

TRUTH - "Clarity leads you to an insightful thought, and you find yourself pleased with your rationale."

COWARDICE - "Fear rises from the pit of your stomach you flee, you flee without hesitation"

~~~~~~

TirNaNog tested 6 threads on 2 accounts and came up with the following results

Character 1

-4 Karma titled necromancer with 100 spirit speak

has cast Armageddon and hears voices

fought in Moonglow only after the live portion was over

Character 2

0 Karma titled crafter (in positive range) with 100 spirit speak

never cast Armageddon

has not gone to the event or Moonglow

Both were able to use the threads and receive the same message from each thread. My six threads had five messages (two identical). Neither character attended the event. A third character with 50 spirit speak was unable to use them.

Nothing seemed to happen when using multiple threads in a sequence, and the "experience fades away.." message would interrupt the process, indicating (I think) that there was no effect of chaining along a single thought by using them together.

I think from what others have posted and my tests, this can be concluded:

1. Each thread gives only one message, consistently, no matter who uses it.

2. Attending the event is not a determinant.

3. Karma is not a determinant.

4. The threads require a spirit speak skill greater than 50, equal or less than 100. (I'd like to know Gildar's 45 skill necro's SS skill level)

5. I suspect the artwork (angle of thread) has no relevance.

~~~~

I like Sir Bolo's suggestion of fitting some of the phrases with the principles, anti-principles, or virtues and anti-virtues. Some seem like perfect matches, yet others not. I think this only applies to the Threads of Fate.

I thought the threads seem like they could be grouped together by type though..

Thread of Fate

Good things:

"Peace comforts you; the hand of fate gives way to your hope."

"Clarity leads you to an insightful thought, and you find yourself pleased with your rationale." (Truth?)

"For one pure moment absolute joy overwhelms you; you've never felt happier."

"Regret and remorse fall away at long last: you feel forgiven"

"Feelings of warmth and appreciation wash over you: you've gained something."

Ambiguous things:

"Passion dances with lust, you know what you want." (Covetous?)

Bad things:

"Fear rises from the pit of your stomach; you flee, you flee without hesitation." (Destard or Cowardice?)

"Despair and sorrow sink to the depths of your soul: a precious thing was lost."

"The coldness bursts into flame; for a moment your hatred knows no bounds." (Despise or Hatred?)

Thread of Life

These seemed to be in the category of "life events". The events themselves didn't seem specific enough to pertain to any stories. They just seemed like fragments of an unspecific normal life. Also, they are all simple sentences. I put them in a sort of order.

"You are born."
"You begin working."
"You make a new friend."
"You marry."
"You have a child."
"You protect something"
"You fight."
"You are imprisoned."

The following seemed to all relate similarly to a decision or choice to be made. I don't want to add much conjecture on whether they might relate to the "event choice" (as in choose your side) or just lump them in with the "life events".. however they do seem different and are definitely longer, compound sentences.

"You take a moment to reflect upon the past, and find it leads you to a solution for the present"

"You face a dark wood with two paths, and finally choose the one you wish to travel."

"You're faced by an unfamiliar problem, but experience has given you the tools to forge ahead."

The following seem the most intriguing to me. They seem to indicate some sort of vision which might yield some clues about the events or some world or being beyond our own knowing.

"For a fleeting moment you walk along the edge of a dream, sharing in the experience."

"Vivid images fill your mind, and unfamiliar thoughts struggle to give them meaning"

"A jumble of thoughts tumble chaotically through, but at last the confusion passes."

"For a brief moment you are able to believe something as someone else does, yet it doesn't last."

I copied the messages from the threads from Vaen Swiftar's post, and others I noticed in the thread in an effort to organize the findings.
If anyone else has threads with different messages or different findings, I hope they keep adding to this thread.

sources at links

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: answer, event, question, thread