Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Taming a Greater Dragon

- - - - - dragon greater taming

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

atlas607

atlas607

loves uoforums!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
What is the min peace/taming stats to tame a greater dragon? Any other suggestions for this?

Maeglid

Maeglid

Hiding somewhere on Catskills

• Members
  • 1,012 posts
I checked UO Stratics - Hunter's Guide - Welcome! (The Hunters Guide) and they don't list a Greater Dragon. A regular dragon (or at least just 'Dragon') appears to require 93.9 in Taming, and takes 3 control slots. No listing of a Greater Dragon in the 'related to:' field, either. Sorry...

jfk

jfk

Lost in the Abyss

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
I believe it is a minimum of 105 lore and taming, however you WILL fail often. Even at Legendary lore and taming, you have a 30.8% chance of success.

Paidric

Paidric

The Youngherder [HLP]

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
As far as I know they have the same taming difficulty. Just harder to Bard, thus the "you anger the beast" message will be bad news :)

1/20 chance to tame dragons, no matter the skill (as long as you have the required taming).
"If deathrobes were bank checks... I'd be filthy rich!"

New in Ultima Online? Visit Haven Helpers
Trade at Ingame Auctions!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

atlas607

atlas607

loves uoforums!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
I was wondering about the peace because I get the "You have no chance of calming this creature with 100 music / 100 peace.

With Jewels I have 110 taming lore, so I should be set there.

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
Pump up your honor, then you won't get attacked when you anger the beasts!

~M

atlas607

atlas607

loves uoforums!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Pump up your honor, then you won't get attacked when you anger the beasts!

~M

WOW! I never though of that, thnx!

atlas607

atlas607

loves uoforums!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

I checked UO Stratics - Hunter's Guide - Welcome! (The Hunters Guide) and they don't list a Greater Dragon. A regular dragon (or at least just 'Dragon') appears to require 93.9 in Taming, and takes 3 control slots. No listing of a Greater Dragon in the 'related to:' field, either. Sorry...

I know it! I was looking all over stratics and couldn't find a thing. thanks for ur help though

Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde

Ultima Online Devotee and site VIP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
If I remember right someone tested this on the test centre, minimum taming required 104.7
Posted Image

jfk

jfk

Lost in the Abyss

• Members
  • 1,190 posts

As far as I know they have the same taming difficulty. Just harder to Bard, thus the "you anger the beast" message will be bad news :)

1/20 chance to tame dragons, no matter the skill (as long as you have the required taming).

Not true. Greater drags have higher barding difficulty, and thus require higher taming/lore not only to tame, but to control. The 30.8% figure was on Stratics (the Taming forum I believe). Basically higher taming/lore DOES significantly improve your chances, though you will still fail often.

Adrianna Danere

Adrianna Danere

Stop staring at my daishos

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
I don't have peace on my tamer and my playing hours at the time meant I'd have to go at it alone, so I had to tame my greater dragon the dirty way: I first hit Destard with my Cu Sidhe, found the dragon I wanted and pulled it to the area down south near the water elementals. Then my Cu proceeded to beat the hell out of the dragon until it was down to a sliver so its firebreath wouldn't kill me instantly. Mount the Cu, gate to stables, drop off Cu, re-enter the same gate and proceed to taming.

It was hard and I got killed three times, but it worked eventually. Wish I had thought about the whole Honor thing though!

Posted Image

atlas607

atlas607

loves uoforums!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

I don't have peace on my tamer and...

It was hard and I got killed three times, but it worked eventually. Wish I had thought about the whole Honor thing though!

See I put peace on my tamer just to do that. Actually I usually tame all animals the "rugged" way. lol. I guess I just thought it wasn't possible. Now that I know it is Adrianna, I am gunna go rock that instead. Thanks!!!

Lander

Lander

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
I have 120 Music/Peace and even with a dragon slaying lute I fail 80% of the time when trying to peace a greater dragon. If I area peace it improves my odds but that doesnt last very long..... I wish you the best of luck!

atlas607

atlas607

loves uoforums!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
Thx lander, guess ill just try to beat the crap outta it!

jfk

jfk

Lost in the Abyss

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
Honor is THE way to tame them. No muss, no fuss, no deaths.

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA
Here's Vet Master's page on greater dragons.

veterinary master

Lostboy7

Lostboy7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
when i try to tame after honoring i just get you have angered them message. what am i doing wrong?

Adri

Adri

Wearing metal panties in a lightning storm

• Members
  • 6,179 posts
Nothing, just keep trying.
And you are using honor on yourself, not them, right?

muscle_n_flow

muscle_n_flow

Everything Hits At Once

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
when they say honor, they mean invoking honor and then targeting yourself to make creatures ignore you. To do this you'll have to first build up honor by honoring creatures and then killing them.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dragon, greater, taming