Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Can i buy a pet from another player or vendor?

- - - - - buy pet player vendor

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

mitch nz

mitch nz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
I would really like a fire beetle for my miner, but I have no idea how to get one.

Are pets buyable?

Adri

Adri

Wearing metal panties in a lightning storm

• Members
  • 6,179 posts
You can get one from another player.

mitch nz

mitch nz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
Ty Adri.

Is it possible to buy a pet from a vendor. and if so, what form does it come in?

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
It's not possible to buy pets from vendors. The selling player has to transfer the pet to you personally.

Adri

Adri

Wearing metal panties in a lightning storm

• Members
  • 6,179 posts
You can buy horses, pack horses, and pack llamas from a stablehand NPC, but those are the only useful animals. Anything else needs to come from a player.

Arioch

Arioch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 723 posts
Also, players with [young] status were unable to receive pets from other players last I knew. Don't know if this is the case for you, but wanted you to avoid the headache if so. Good luck!:)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Lord L'arr Hamerfeld

jfk

jfk

Lost in the Abyss

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
What shard you on Mitch? If you're on GL, let me know and I'll get you a fire beetle.

mitch nz

mitch nz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
Thanks very much for the offer jfk, but unfortuantely I'm on Oceania.

And has anyone got an indication of price on a fire beetle?

jfk

jfk

Lost in the Abyss

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
For price they go for about 50k on GL.

Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde

Ultima Online Devotee and site VIP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts
If I were looking for a fire beetle on Oceania I would post on the tamer board and/or the Oceania board.
Tamer forum I'd title the post something like 'seeking to buy firebeetle on Oceania', for shard board you could obviously leave the shard name off.
Posted Image

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
I do not have a tamer (or any useful char) on oceania. On my home shard I'd tame you one for free just for the fun of it, as long you'd keep the spawn off me.
There must be tamers on your shard too, so good luck on finding a fire beetle for you miner :)

mitch nz

mitch nz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
Ty everyone for all your help

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
One last piece of advise: Tamers in New Haven will often get you one for free. Particularly if you have [young] next to your name - although, you'll have to renounce your young status to receive it...

~M

mitch nz

mitch nz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
Lost my young tag a little while ago, and I just Gm'ed my mining so wouldn't really be looking for or expecting a hand out (though would never turn down a free Fire Beetle).

elffyb

elffyb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts
A fire beetle is the only non-tamer rideable I will charge for.

Pretty dangerous to aquire. I know there are ways, but all of them are dicey for my tamer.

mitch nz

mitch nz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
What price range elffyb?

elffyb

elffyb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts
Don't get your hopes up I play on Lake Superior :) But, I charge around 30k.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: buy, pet, player, vendor