Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

**NEWS** BNN: Blackrock Detector to be Unveiled!

- - - - - blackrock bnn detector news unveiled

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
Posted Image

Posted by Jeremy Dallberg
27 Mar 2008 17:25:49 EST

“After initially losing funding from the Mage’s Council in Moonglow, progress on the "blackrock detection machine" resumed late last month with government intervention, and is finally nearing completion. Despite fears of the dangers involved in working with the still-mysterious substance, officials agree on the necessity of knowing where it is. Captain Avery, of the militia, made the following statement:"

To read more, visit the Britannia News Network here:

For more information about the event, see below:

Event occurs over two days

* Day One: Do not be concerned if you show up and it all goes up in smoke. Just being there sets the stage for your interactions in Day Two.

o Bring blackrock
o Don’t kick Kronos when he’s down

* Day Two: The experiment is unleashed in full form.

o Bring blackrock.
o Be prepared to be trapped for a little while
o Be prepared to fight
o Be prepared to choose your loyalties

Collectable items that “seem” to have only decorative purpose will have a turn-in, along with the Ophidian items, in Publish 52.

More information, including times for the event on each shard, will be announced tomorrow. Stay tuned!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Eowyna Rohanna

Eowyna Rohanna

I may not be the queen of everything, but I'm the duchess of

• Members
  • 1,408 posts
After what?? TWO YEARS??!!?? *shakes head*

Posted Image

Thanks to Maddux for the wonderful sig!

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Well, the did clearly state that the government intervened.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
and guess what after two years they didnt even get the date right |!!!!!!!!!!!

Hrm. The dates should be 28th and 29th.

Tim "Draconi" Cotten - UO Lead Designer - EA Mythic

I expect Europa will wake up and its been and gone as usual ,though.

PLUS....I couldnt see this on UOHerald,then I realised they have a new header which says 'Live Events 2008'.

Was only visible for those using IE though and not Firefox like myself.

It has now been actually put on the UO Main page as so many couldnt see it.

*shakes head*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
Alright, people. It's Friday. I'm stuck at work, so I expect regular updates from those of you with more spare time!

*head explodes with anticipation*

I presume, since it's Friday and we've finished server maintenance, that something is already happening?

You know, if they'd announce this sooner, I could have taken a day off.

~M

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
I was actually at the lag fest .....woops sorry i mean stress test for this on TC months ago.

Anyone else attend it?

Also Magister I wouldnt worry about missing it.

America sleeps presently and dont begin their Friday until about 5.00pm Europes time.

I am guessing it will go live some time after that

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Merc

Merc

bellum omnium in omnes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Alright, people. It's Friday. I'm stuck at work, so I expect regular updates from those of you with more spare time!

*head explodes with anticipation*

I presume, since it's Friday and we've finished server maintenance, that something is already happening?

You know, if they'd announce this sooner, I could have taken a day off.

~M

Same here

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
America is asleep? You mean I'm the only unlucky SOB who has to work?

Man, I hate the rest of you!

(j/k)

Now - quick! Run over to moonglow and check it out!

~M

Arioch

Arioch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 723 posts
I am on LS, and see no evidence of anything going on in Moonglow atm. I'll let you know if things change, Magister!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Lord L'arr Hamerfeld

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
Thank you very much, Arioch!

(It appears my network of spies is expanding!)

~M

Merc

Merc

bellum omnium in omnes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts
Well the boss left for a hour so I went to moonglow nothing going on in Atlantic.

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA

Well the boss left for a hour so I went to moonglow nothing going on in Atlantic.

LMAO Merc rules :)

What if you don't have any blackrock to turn in? Does that make this event useless to non-blackrock-holders?

Merc

Merc

bellum omnium in omnes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts
I heard that blackrock was spanwing in Ish but I forgot the karma thing and went in with my necro mage and died in a heart beat. So I am now heading back to the gate to get rezed

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
For that matter, where do you get the non-small blackrock? I've been gathering resources steadily since I returned to UO in Dec, and I've found nothing but smalls. Granted, I've got about 20 of them, but still...

I heard rumors that they are spawning in Ilshenar...any confirmation? Are they just showing up randomly on the ground?

~M

Merc

Merc

bellum omnium in omnes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts
Heard the same thing but not sure where they are spawning. But I know I need some.

Merc

Merc

bellum omnium in omnes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts
This is what has changed so far.

Ally

Ally

The Couch Hottie

• Members
  • 3,310 posts
They should be on the ground. But I've never found one. Too lazy to keep hitting ctrl-shift while I'm running around.

I'm there right now, nothing's happening yet.

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
vitriol

noun
1. (H2SO4) a highly corrosive acid made from sulfur dioxide; widely used in the chemical industry
2. abusive or venomous language used to express blame or censure or bitter deep-seated ill will

I'm guessing Kronos is a little bitter...

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
From the ultima V lore, I imagine we can expect the Shadowlord of Hatred to make an appearance, and the townspeople to start attacking players...

Speculation, but it fits the story as we know it.

~M

Arioch

Arioch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 723 posts
Well, the oil of vitriol does burn you if you touch it. And the arcane circle works for a spell weaver focus. Using teleport, you can stand on the runes at the four corners, and even get into the water in the middle. I tried putting blackrock into the vitriol, but can't, and setting the blackrock on the arcane circle does nothing. I tried setting it in the water also, but there were other people around, and didn't want to lose it. I may try casting armageddon soon...

Update: By teleporting onto a rune, one can cast teleport again on the Spike in the center and be sent UNDER the machine. A barren pit, it would seem, atm... Interesting...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Lord L'arr Hamerfeld

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: blackrock, bnn, detector, news, unveiled