Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Why does my modified skill drop....

- - - - - drop modified skill

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

mitch nz

mitch nz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
when I equip Jacob's Pickaxe. This is supposedly a +10 mining item, but when I equip it my modified skill drops from 102.5% (99.5 plus 3 from mining gloves) to 100%.

Is this a bug in the item, whereby it adds +10 up to max of 100%. Surely at the very least it should leave my already modified stat alone?

Anyone got any insights into this?

PS - Jacob's pickaxe is an item obtainable from one of the new player quests in Haven.

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Good luck on finding your answer.

I would assume that since it being a new player quest item, it will not allow you to go above the mining skill cap (100) as you suggested and the coding didn't take into effect the likelyhood of combining the pickaxe with an item that brings you above it. I'll bet the coding that takes effect looks at actual skill, adds 10 and IF that number is greater than 100, it only shows 100 (whether or not the coding behind "shown" skill is the same used for "action" skill I do not know).

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

Knowledge is power; Guard it well!

• Members
  • 2,250 posts
most likely because the gloves were programmed years ago and jacob's pickaxe is relatively new.

also I know that the pickaxe does not stack with gloves and your skill level - many people thought that if you had +5 gloves +gm skill + pickaxe = 115 skill.

It does not work this way, either wait to use it at gm skill level for the recharging feature, or do not smelt ore with the pickaxe equipped.

I do not think it is a bug, since the pickaxe will not take you skill over 100.

Guess you could report if you feel like this is a bug to you.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

mitch nz

mitch nz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
DiP and Warsong, thank you very much.

I see what you are saying makes sense since allowing a new player item to raise a skill beyond 100 would make it a bit too powerful.

I am happy, as long as I remember to keep Jacob's Pickaxe unequipped unless using it for its charges.

Thanks again.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: drop, modified, skill