Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Random Resource Spawn question

- - - - - question random resource spawn

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Calell

Calell

Red-Headed Stepchild

• Members
  • 2,245 posts
Sorry if this has been asked or brought up before, I checked some of the other forums and threads and didn't see anything.

I was under the impression that all ore and wood spots were now randomized, and after lumberjacking for a while and trying all my old runes this seems to be accurate.

Here's where the question comes in: Has anyone else found any locations that are NOT random? I have a tree within 2 tiles of my home that does not change. It is always bloodwood. I've lj'd this tree for several days in an attempt to verify and it still spawns bloodwood. I'm curious, because I've thought of reporting it as a possible bug since it might be related to proximity to my home, however trees near other homes randomize. I'm puzzled.

After logging in and looking at my home again, I think technically it is 'ON' my house placement spot since it is right off the steps of my keep and even with the south corners. Maybe this has something to do with it?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks Nev!

EricVT

EricVT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
They aren't randomized constantly, but have a chance of yielding a new type of resource each time they are depleted and respawn. So it could just be that your tree hasn't hit that "chance" to change resources yet.

That is my understanding anyways, someone else can maybe verify or shoot down my post :)

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

Knowledge is power; Guard it well!

• Members
  • 2,250 posts
It will change.

I did some fairly intensive research on the resource change, and even posted my findings here (think title of thread was resource changes?). I think I still have my notes somewhere on disk, if you want I can pm you the results.

At times they do not seem to change but the chance to change is different for every resouce node in the game. Depends on how many times the spawner has been reset. If it was/is a more "public known" tree, ie harvested often, it is more apt to change from number of respawn attempts.

For example I had a bloodwood tree (after) changes went in, that did not change to another color wood for about a month (Felucca side, way out of the way, on an island with no houses, I guess I might have been the only one hitting it), now its been stuck in oak for sometime.

Now I can only find vendors with normal wood for sale. As far as ore goes (at least on Lake Superior) prices for all ingots have tripled or sometimes quadrupled depending on color. Way to go EAMythic, Lets screw the causal player even more.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

Calell

Calell

Red-Headed Stepchild

• Members
  • 2,245 posts
ahh ok thanks for the info! that makes sense :) it's a tree in fel and in a minor spawn location, so it's not very harvested
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks Nev!

Paidric

Paidric

The Youngherder [HLP]

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
Gotta agree with you Warsong, on Europa we have the same problem. I tried keeping fair prices for ressources but what I sold was bought to fill expensive shops and ressource gatherers now ask insane prices... so I totally stopped buy/selling ingots. Just getting rid of the rest of my unused stocks.

If the goal was to stop scripting, it just made it way more profitable...
"If deathrobes were bank checks... I'd be filthy rich!"

New in Ultima Online? Visit Haven Helpers
Trade at Ingame Auctions!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

• Members
  • 2,250 posts
My best advice to you. Lets say that your tree give a total of 100 wood (no matter what the split between normal/color)

I would just harvest it 4 hits (80 wood) every 7 minutes (that is the normal repsawn rate at least as far as my research goes) or maybe just log in with your lumberjack every 30 minutes or so and hit it 4 times, just to keep the bloodwood flowing. As long as you do not completely drain the tree out, it should not respawn to a different color as your as not triggering the respawn check.

Calell

Calell

Red-Headed Stepchild

• Members
  • 2,245 posts
true, but I have a lot of bloodwood and there's a chance of it respawning as frost :P
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks Nev!

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

• Members
  • 2,250 posts
not really since frostwood is only 1% chance to find, but as you wish,

i would rather try to repsawn a different tree/node from a lower colored wood, while still harvesting that bloodwood spot. If you truly have more than you can use, start a vendor with bloodwood commodity deeds on them. Trust me, price them at 100k/150k/200k (or anything near these prices) per 1000 boards, you will not be able to keep them stocked up.

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
Warsong -

I thought the respawn for resources triggered every time a spot refreshed, whether it had been completely drained or not...

Can anyone confirm/deny?

~M

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

• Members
  • 2,250 posts
I am not 100% positive but,

I have found a tree in Fel that gives around 200~240 wood total, it gave me yew, this is the first tree to give me a higher color wood since the changes. Anyway, I did drain it the first time to see how much wood was in the node(200-240). Since then I have just been harvesting around 160 wood. It has still been giving me yew for about 2 weeks now.

I am not ready to say if you do not drain it, it will stay whatever color you find. But I am leaning that way. Going to keep trying it for the next to weeks, if this works, it will mean that one would have to prospect every node again in UO. Then if you can find a frostwood spot out of the way, you might be able to have a steady supply. If this experimental tree, goes and changes color on me, when I am not draining it, then it is definitely scripters for the win. I have been trying different harvestly forumlas to get some steady supplies of wood, to open my colored furniture business back up.

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
Fortunately, the devs promised an answer to this question for 28 Mar 'Five on Friday.'

Yay. Well, in a non-event, not-really-exciting sort of 'yay.'

~M

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

• Members
  • 2,250 posts
i bet their answer will be, "well we looked at the code and we have to dig deeper into it", or will get "with so much happening with the event (yeah it started today go to moonglow) we will have to answer it later."

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
Speaking of which, is there a FoF posted yet?

~M

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

• Members
  • 2,250 posts
sure FoF is posted,

and like I predicted no answer, but it did mention the event, go figure.

I am still doing my own research.

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
Curses - Foiled again!

I haven't been able to convince myself one way or another if leaving some resources prevents random respawn. I'm been spending a great deal of time buying/reselling ingots, though, so I haven't given it the attention it deserves.

~M

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: question, random, resource, spawn