Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

i found a better looking ultima online?

- - - - - found online ultima

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

holmedog

holmedog

The Holmedog

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts
I like to play UO for the feel of the game. It was my "first" and because of that I keep coming back. Honestly, I can't play the KR client, it just isn't the same game.

Besides that, my Charger of the Fallen looks downright retarded.

Belmarduk

Belmarduk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

The client is better built.. but still full with bugs.

Yeah but obviously EA has given up on fixing the bugs..... Very clever...

Shhh

Shhh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
I hope i not need to do it.... mean to swich on KR...
i like 2d and also id like the old 3d we had...
but this KR is for me.. uhm... in not like it... they messed alot up and for me alot things look ugly in KR...
Posted Image

Maroite

Maroite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts
I would never play 2d UO after installing KR. That said, there are still some problems and bugs. Well ok, a lot.

Although I can't figure some out. I was on my tamer last night at the event and I was crashing maybe 3 times an hour! Sometimes I would crash more, back to back, without any hint as to why. Seemingly random.

Then, I log onto my bush archer and am playing around doing some skill ups and such for about 4 hours straight and no crashes! I don't get it. I was also in a place that my tamer crashes constantly. I am almost about to say that the ethie Ki-rin is the cause but I just don't know.

Anyway, KR has better functionality and graphics.

If you see ssdds222r4sDDDDWsww1211DSSSSDFFf being typed by anyone, they're most likely 2d users! haha :P

Its kind of sad, but people are truely afraid of change. It shows here in UO also. People would rather play an antiquated out of date engine than move to something new because its "too difficult" or "too buggy" but in actuality the only thing happening is the death of UO because new gamers don't want to play a game that looks like the old 2d. The only thing 2d is doing is creating a safe haven for people who are waiting for the death of their "beloved" game. -.-

Sorry if thats harsh, but imho, its true.

Belmarduk

Belmarduk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

The only thing 2d is doing is creating a safe haven for people who are waiting for the death of their "beloved" game. -.-

Sorry if thats harsh, but imho, its true.

Couldnt have stated it better - So totally true...

ladykolleen

ladykolleen

Original Wonder Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts
I agree that switching is hard when you are so used to the old ways.
I tried KR for about a week and couldnt get used to it so i had to switch back. Namly I havent been able to find a "KR FOR DUMMIES" and until that is around Im not switching. ALSO - there are just too many 'issues' with it that I have heard and Id rather wait for them to be fixed then have to get used to something just to get used to it again.

its too much for my computer and the images are too much for my delicate eyes. lol

ladykolleen

ladykolleen

Original Wonder Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Couldnt have stated it better - So totally true...

I dont agree - i dont know what the big deal is if people have one preference over the other - options are a good thing.

Maroite

Maroite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

I dont agree - i dont know what the big deal is if people have one preference over the other - options are a good thing.

The problem is that if not enough players play the KR client the bugs never get fixed because the cost of man power working on the bug fix isn't worth the amount of players using the KR client.

This is showing a lot in this current event line. Threads have NO graphic in KR and also the Dread Steeds "trick" ability only shows in 2D. It says a lot to me at least, that the devs couldn't careless about the players who have been testing the KR client. Its really like a slap in the face.

Also, its no news that UO is losing players. The fact that graphics make a big first impression can, it may not be, but can be a huge factor in whether someone wants to try UO. The 2D graphics are sad. Period. They're no where near close to even 5 years up to date. With that factored in mind, the community's anti KR stance is in a way hurting the game because there are very few new people joining the game, KR isn't getting the attention it needs imho due to the fact that so many people are just playing the 2D version.

Also, the bugs really aren't that bad. If its the interface the bothers some of the older players, I am sure that KR users like myself and Kitiara would be more than willing to help people with their questions and problems. The fact is, that the interface used in KR is a generic interface used in any other MMO. Chances are, if you go to another MMO you will never see an interface like the one in 2D. Which, is unique, but also very clunky and in ways impractical for ease of use. If you learned the 2D interface, honestly you learned to use one of the hardest interfaces ever made imho.

Phaen Grey

Phaen Grey

Freehold of Roses, Malas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
I haven't been able to patch or log into the KR client since last year, I have tried uninstalling and starting from scratch still no go. Add to that the ugly graphics, disproportionate models, the fact that last time I logged in I glided instead of walking the animation was so bad, I had to click a door 60 times to open in and NEVER left my house when logged into KR because by the time I reached the outside world I was too frustrated with it all and logged in the 2d client to play the game I love. KR will never replace 2d until they make it run as well as 2d and fix the patcher so folks who want to try can actually log in.

Maroite

Maroite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

I haven't been able to patch or log into the KR client since last year, I have tried uninstalling and starting from scratch still no go. Add to that the ugly graphics, disproportionate models, the fact that last time I logged in I glided instead of walking the animation was so bad, I had to click a door 60 times to open in and NEVER left my house when logged into KR because by the time I reached the outside world I was too frustrated with it all and logged in the 2d client to play the game I love. KR will never replace 2d until they make it run as well as 2d and fix the patcher so folks who want to try can actually log in.

I have never experienced those problems at all so I am not sure what to say. It could be about your connection speed and or your computer specs. What type of connection are you on? Also, what type of computer are you on? Also did you try downloading the newest version of KR from UO's site? I know I downloaded a version from Fileplanet but it wouldn't patch.

The graphics are ugly in KR? I find the graphics 100x more attractive than 2D. Not to mention the models in 2D are more disproportionate than KR. I mean, in 2D my quiver looks like a bazooka strapped to my back! lol But all of those are just personal views.

Phaen Grey

Phaen Grey

Freehold of Roses, Malas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
My computer is older, but plays EQ and WoW with no problems what so ever. 1.2mhz AMD processor, Asus mb, 512mb ddram, 128mb nvidia vid card, sb24bit live sound card. My connection how ever is cable at 512+ KBps. I have downloaded the most up to date client, it is corrupt ever time I down load it and won't install. I use an older client and the patch is corrupt and won't finish patching. If the 2d client is disabled I won't be able to play anymore.

Edit: yes I have sent this information to the bug reports

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: found, online, ultima