Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

WoW Warrior - Are Protection Builds...

- - - - - builds protection warrior wow

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Shhhhh, don't let her hear you.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Snugglebunny

Snugglebunny

indisputably more awesome

• Members
  • 5,665 posts
*Passes Out*

Well rub butter on my beautiful butt and call me a croissant!

Posted Image

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Careful...... Dip may see that as a cheap date.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Giggity giggity...

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Cabe Bedlam

Cabe Bedlam

Master of Magic, no really I'm serious

• Members
  • 1,782 posts
Lol, you guys always make me laugh! Dip, at 70, prot is great in AV, but probably AV only. But AV has always been more of a PVE environment anyhow. I like the spec you put up Maddux, it looks like a lot of death dealin. As for gold, Dip, I'll put more in the bank for you to cover your repairs.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
hey guys, question about warrior prot spec. my buddy specd out my char for prot while i was gone, but i think he did it all wrong. hes got stuff in places it prob shouldnt be. like that 30m cooldown shield thing. its NEVER used and hes got like 3 pts in it... any good ideas for an awesome prot setup. i got one where it was like 12/5/44, but would like some other ideas from other warriors. i should be 70 by the time the vacation is over, and will most likely respec then.

so any good advice out there?

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Yeah, I was looking at more prot talents and didn't know which were good/serviceable/crappy.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Not to incur Bo's wraith or infer any newbness.... but can you post your template so we can see what we have to work with.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Here's my craptacular build so far:

WorldofWarcraft.com -> Info -> Classes -> Warrior -> Talent Calculator

Another newb question: What does Slam do? (other than damage)

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
slam does dmg, stuns, and can also disrupt a mage while casting.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cabe Bedlam

Cabe Bedlam

Master of Magic, no really I'm serious

• Members
  • 1,782 posts
The great thing about slam is when you have a slow, high damage weapon. What I usually do, if I have the rage wait for my first attack, slam(1.5 sec attack), Mortal Strike. So, basically, if my weapon speed is 3.3, I just got 3 attacks out of it rather then one.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Ah, sweet! Thanks!

Good tactic Cabe.

It doesn't list anything for it :-/ gonna have to invest in it now.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
You guys should have "classes on tips and tactics" and practice working together.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
It's on the list of things to do :P

Which is why preparation is in the works (figuring out what build to go with).

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
It should have been done long time ago :P

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
The god/guru in that department left to play with little hairy footed folk.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Because all the virtuous pvmers were annoying me. :P

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
:Rofl

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Snugglebunny

Snugglebunny

indisputably more awesome

• Members
  • 5,665 posts

The god/guru in that department left to play with little hairy footed folk.

LOL!!!!!!

Well rub butter on my beautiful butt and call me a croissant!

Posted Image

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
I am not playing with them, it's stalking me!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: builds, protection, warrior, wow