Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

What is the best money making advice you can give?

- - - - - advice give making money

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Snugglebunny

Snugglebunny

indisputably more awesome

• Members
  • 5,665 posts
What is the best way to make money in game?Any tips for the AH? Or What are the hottest selling craftables?

Well rub butter on my beautiful butt and call me a croissant!

Posted Image

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
*waits for answers knowing killing people isn't as profitable as it may seem*

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Adri

Adri

Wearing metal panties in a lightning storm

• Members
  • 6,179 posts
I was a leatherworker. At higher levels I made clefthide leggings and sold them for around 60 gold or so each on the AH.

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
O.O

Ugh, the one profession I've yet started.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Killing is profitable. You just need someone like Eowyna with her exceptional marketing and negotiating skills. :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gnomy

Gnomy

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,946 posts
Not paying Blizzard is the best way to make money :D

Posted Image

callumf

callumf

Stalking U

• Members
  • 2,107 posts
[This is for lower levels mainly]

When I played WoW I found that resources are one of the best casual money making schemes - for me it was herbalism.

You pick up herbs on your pvm rounds and you end up with a nice amount which people need to trainup their alchemy skillz. SO you can make a tidy amount on rarer herbs!

Second - dont over look first aid training - I found I could sell wool and cloth for a pretty good return on time to farm it and it comes as a by product of farming some Mobs also - so its a win-win.

In general I found you make more money [relatively and at low levels] selling to people who are training rather than selling your own crafted items? [If that makes sense?]
Posted Image
owning all Su-Mi's bases since Y2K

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
That does make sense, but that means my own training in skills would be lacking :-/

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

callumf

callumf

Stalking U

• Members
  • 2,107 posts

That does make sense, but that means my own training in skills would be lacking :-/

Not necessarily.

Once you have no use for herb x anymore [as in you can use different herbs for higher level potions] you can still make a fair amount selling herb x to other players who do [still need them]!

Also another tip is use busy days to sell stuff in the Auction House - an auction started 12noon on saturday has a much better chance of sellign than if you put it in at some obscure time of the week!
Posted Image
owning all Su-Mi's bases since Y2K

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Raiding and selling your fighting skills is much better than gathering berries.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Snugglebunny

Snugglebunny

• Members
  • 5,665 posts
Great advice Callumf!

Posted Image

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts

Not necessarily.

Once you have no use for herb x anymore [as in you can use different herbs for higher level potions] you can still make a fair amount selling herb x to other players who do [still need them]!

Also another tip is use busy days to sell stuff in the Auction House - an auction started 12noon on saturday has a much better chance of sellign than if you put it in at some obscure time of the week!

Good point, never thought about when AHs were active/busy.

Raiding and selling your fighting skills is much better than gathering berries.

I'm not l33t enough to charge for services, yet.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts

I'm not l33t enough to charge for services, yet.

You used to be... So much promise.....now working in a wow crafting sweat shop. :icon_cry:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
:Rofl

I'll try to pick up where you left off.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts

:Rofl

I'll try to pick up where you left off.

Dont pick anything up... cant you see, she is trying to make a gatherer out of you.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Snugglebunny

Snugglebunny

• Members
  • 5,665 posts
Some one has to gather my precious Gems! If you teach him your money making techniques that keeps Eo happy, he can kill people till his heart is content!

Posted Image

Cabe Bedlam

Cabe Bedlam

Master of Magic, no really I'm serious

• Members
  • 1,782 posts
The number one rule that you should have in any game with an economy, and has been stated as the rule of thumb:"Buy Low, Sell High."

World of Warcraft has several occupations that have a high demand from other players. Herbalism, Skinning, Mining all can make a profit in selling the raw materials for Alchemist, Leather Workers, Blacksmith/Jewel Crafters etc...

Then there are the Crafters (I know I know Maddux =) )
Blacksmithing is the bottom of the rung, because no one really wants to buy weapons/armor since they have so many better mob drops from dungeons. Not to mention the materials for them are generally way to high to profit off of. The same goes for leather workers. But, if you have a enchanter as one of your characters, you can make the items on your blacksmith/leatherworker/tailor and send them to him to disenchant. The mats from disenchanting usually give off a high resale value. Alchemist on the other hand, have cheap mats and the resale for elixirs and potions is quite high, as many low and high level raiders live off potions. I've been told for many high level raids, if you don't have a flask on your buff bar, you wont be taken on the raid. Also, depending on what specialiaty you choose, you also have a chance of making multiples of a potion/elixir/transmute you make, thus raising your profit signifintly.

My last thought, which goes in hand with my motto. Look for resale deals on the AH. There have been many times when I have seen rare or epic items that have been put on the Auction House for a tenth of what they are worth, then have been bought and resold for a much higher price. In fact, I just bought a trinket for 60 gold that has a resale value of 1200 i.e.

So there you have it, my take on the best way to make money in Wow. Hope you all enjoy it and that it makes sense. Remeber my motto, "Buy Low, Sell High!"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Snugglebunny

Snugglebunny

• Members
  • 5,665 posts
My Blacksmithing is really high you terd! Now you tell me!

Posted Image

Cabe Bedlam

Cabe Bedlam

Master of Magic, no really I'm serious

• Members
  • 1,782 posts
Snuggs, I reposted my lil guide on another topic, maybe you can sticky it. But as to defend myself, what profession did I tell you to go when you first made your character missy!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Snugglebunny

Snugglebunny

• Members
  • 5,665 posts
:P DRATS! and will do

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: advice, give, making, money