Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

The latest Japanese UO box

- - - - - box japanese latest uo

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
source as posted on UO Stratics U.Hall on Monday, June 12, 2006

Draconi_EA ( UO Designer ), CatHat (UO Character/Environments Artist) and Wilki_EA (UO Community Coordinator) discussed the latest UO product to hit the Japanese market.

Thread: Re: Speak Japanese? What's This Japanese UO Product (CD) ?

Comment

http://uoforums.com/...ead.php?t=19129

It's obviously a CD - it has a stylized Windows CD/EA logo at the bottom, and the poster mentioned ordering a UO home decorating book.

Wilki :

That's the new player box that brought spring decor items to the game.

I have one, it's definitely different. The comic book inside is a real crack up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CatHat :

Yeah - thats a funny box from Japan - the little guy sleeping there.

During the Town hall meeting here at EA - someone saw it and shouted out -
"Oh man - they killed him and his horse too"

i chimed in - "Yeah - all they need is the little ghost going, OoooocOooooo "

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Draconi :

Hmm, then it must be saying 30 days free trial...

30 yen = 26 cents? I know the Dollar is higher than the Yen, but I didn't know the Yen is higher than the Cent.

Yep! It says "30 Days Free Trial" , and the package is called: HajiUO

It's short for "hajimete" (first time, to start, introductory), and UO Since UO can be expressed in hiragana as "u" and "o" (although the pronunciation differs) it comes across with the feeling like "UO for Beginners" or "My first UO." I've gotta admit, I think it's the friendliest box title UO's ever had! ^^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: box, japanese, latest, uo