Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

KR screenshot option in User Settings - Bindings?

- - - - - bindings kr option screenshot settings user

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA
Hey all -

I've been going through the user settings in KR (found some stuff I didn't realize was there! w00t!) and I found on the Bindings tab an option called Screenshots. Its default key binding is the num pad dot. I pressed it, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Does anyone know how to use this? Is the ability to make screenshots built into KR?

Thanks!

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
Never noticed that before... have you checked if any graphic-files appeared somewhere? maybe in a sub-folder of the KR-folder?

Gonna test that tomorrow!

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
WOW it works!!!! Crazy!!!

The screenshot graphics are saved as bitmaps (.bmp). I'm using Vista, so mine got saved into Documents/EA Games/Ultima Online/Screen Shot.

Sweet! Too bad it doesn't save as gif or jpg... maybe someday!

Snugglebunny

Snugglebunny

indisputably more awesome

• Members
  • 5,665 posts
WoW does this also - but usually Screen Shot Captured pops up on the screen after you do it. You can also get rid of all the icons on the screen by hitting Ctrl Z I believe in WoW so you can have a pretty picture. It saves in a screen shot folder under the WoW program files.

Well rub butter on my beautiful butt and call me a croissant!

Posted Image

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
I use Vista's snipping tool anyway, but this is nice for people who don't want to mess with third party apps and don't have it built into their OS :) I'll have to play around with it and see if it has anything like WoW's ctrl-z.

Snugglebunny

Snugglebunny

indisputably more awesome

• Members
  • 5,665 posts
Aye I thought that was pretty Nifty. It saves a lot of time instead of using Grabby or something like that. I hit that CTRL Z a few times and thought the game was glitching and would reboot... until I found out about it :P

Well rub butter on my beautiful butt and call me a croissant!

Posted Image

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
Well, converting a .bmp to .jpg or any other graphic format shouldn't be a problem at all. You can do that with any graphics program, even paint. Or just use an online converter like Zamzar - Free online file conversion

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts

Well, converting a .bmp to .jpg or any other graphic format shouldn't be a problem at all. You can do that with any graphics program, even paint. Or just use an online converter like Zamzar - Free online file conversion

True, but it discounts the coolness of people not needing a 3rd party graphics tool. If it was a truly well designed feature in KR, it would have the ability to choose the output file format. Might as well just get a screenshot app, if you're going to have to use another graphic tool to convert the file anyway!

It's the half-baked-ness of some things in KR that disappoints me :-/

elffyb

elffyb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts
You may want to check also if the '.' screenshot button also copies to the clipboard (i think it might).

If it does, you can just dump it out to your favoirte graphic editor in your favorite format.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bindings, kr, option, screenshot, settings, user