Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Trammel

- - - - - trammel

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

Gnomy

Gnomy

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,946 posts
Trammel did destroy alot in UO.. and what came after that is the mindset in felluca is at age 14.. and everyone who plays there want to be red after they removed statloss.. If they wouldnt have added trammel in first state and not removed statloss It still would have been a great game.
I understand why people play more in trammel these days.. because they dont like this mindset in fell that came. Dying is nothing in UO these days.. so its not because people are afraid of dying.

Posted Image

Cymbria Devereux

Cymbria Devereux

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts
I agree, take away the insurance and bring back the statloss, but maybe also have statloss for blues. This would give both sides something to loose. Or am I going to far?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Mighty Raul

The Mighty Raul

The Crimson Claw

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts

*Sniffles* I loved the pk runs on Deepwater

Yes i was one of them! Who were you!?

I was Rohan of Fellowship of the Protectorate, we use to double as hired guards/mercenaries for Deepwater!!

Gnomy

Gnomy

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,946 posts
Think I used Beavis back then.. my tankmage axer.. I was in the guild G@D and DJs.
If not Beavis then it was Feedme or SlipKnot (Feedme changed owner around that time as well to some newbie :( )

Posted Image

EmersonBiggins

EmersonBiggins

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
I miss being at the "Wall" in Deceit and having UniBomber run in and throw a couple of purple potions into the crowd. That was always fun!

But the griefing did get pretty old back then.

Lensky Entreri

Lensky Entreri

Retired from UO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
Remove Trammel, insurance, 3rd party progs a few other things maybe and you might turn the game back into a fun rpg instead of a "my e-peen is bigger than yours".

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

Knowledge is power; Guard it well!

• Members
  • 2,250 posts
Have you tried a free shard, since you hate the EAMythic run ones?

I think if you this would really help UO make a come back, why are you not on seige perilous/mugen? - no trammel, no insurance
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

WyndRyder

WyndRyder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts
I seriously doubt that they would ever simply remove Trammel.

I think the way they did it back then hurt a lot of guilds and player run towns and tore them apart. But what is done is done too late now.

There are folks that have never set foot in felucca. The rumors the stories the tales they may here as *newer* UO players nearly creates it's own phobia. :)

I can remember a friend of mine relatively new to Ultima, made a tamer. He had a WW and was on a nightmare and one day he decided to venture into Felucca Ches. He was of course attacked. . but he so paniced at the newness of becoming attacked he just freaked out, there he was gm tame gm lore gm vet etc. gm ++ mage and he was..exterminated so too were BOTH his pets.

When he told me, I just giggled and said, " I take it ya just forgot to say...fluffy ALL KILL * one on one you vs one pk and YOU had a WW with you AND a nightmare fully trained up and YOU and they died............... I couldnt quit laughing but he was very very upset more with himself I think. He never went back to try felucca again though. I guess for some they just do NOT know what to do, if newer players and do not wish to experience it all, and do just freak out perhaps. I tell em GO and get used to maybe dying to a fellow player instead of monsters and it won't freak ya out so much. But ......some just wish to play in peace doing their own thing in UO too, it is a game they just want to log on some of em and do whatever without being attackable by a monster with smarter AI or scarier or bsing talking to em at em post killing them than dying to just uninvolved ........monsters. :)

He also tried Siege with me........needless to say he didnt last there long either. :) Some folks maybe if they did not grow up with pvp pking in UO really do not wish to taste it nor even try to...it is all alien to them. They may be the newer customers post tram. post aos...they won't pay EA if there is NO trammel they would leave and EA would loose all those accts. if they were forced to ONLY play felucca ruleset.

I play wherever I feel like it fel on ches. tram on ches. or Siege. But then...dying doesn't bug me nor being killed sometimes I feel bored if no one has attacked and killed me in ages.........like ummmmmmmmmm where is everyone. hehe :)
Posted Image

WyndRyder

WyndRyder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts
Ps I do not pvp since AOS.

But I guess I sometimes enjoy the ..........suspense of am I gonna get home or to the bank..alive or .......not. :)
Posted Image

Elitz

Elitz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Gwen,

why do we have to have this discussion over and over?

you do not like trammel? feel free to go play on seige or mugen - total felucca facet shards.

barring that explore your options for a non-EA run shard. There are many out there that have no trammel.

it is amazing war, you seem to feel that you are speaking for the greater majority..... siege is not what WE are looking for, it is an awesome shard, but there is a ton of things there that are not the same as a pre-16 shard.... notice howmany people second the motion before you try and speak for the majority

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

• Members
  • 2,250 posts

it is amazing war, you seem to feel that you are speaking for the greater majority..... siege is not what WE are looking for, it is an awesome shard, but there is a ton of things there that are not the same as a pre-16 shard.... notice howmany people second the motion before you try and speak for the majority

Nope, I only speak for myself. Someone who has payed/played for 10 years.

Again I ask why we have to have this discussion once again? This question comes up, time and time again. And its been answered by the company currently called EAMythic.

It’s not going to happen.

EAMythic has said repeatedly that there will not be an any type of "classic" shard.

For many reasons, including but not limited to the following:

1) They all ready have to maintain 3 rule sets (Fel side, Tram side, Seige/Mugen)

2) During the move out to Redwood, California from Austin, Texas the back up servers with the information on shards before patching/modifications was lost, misplaced or some how deleted. So EAMythic can not replicate earlier shard versions.

3) What would constitute a "classic" shard? For you it seems to be a pre-16 shard. But others would argue for a shard pre-T2A, some original + T2A, etc. Since people can not agree what is a classic shard; they are not going to risk it.

4) Many people say they want a "classic" shard but fail to realize just how many sub systems and tweaks have been introduced into the game that people would still want even if it was a "classic" shard. For example the various loot tweaks, locking skills/stats (never could lock them at one time), a pre-16 shard that you wish would have no paladins or necromancers in it. The list can go on, but I think you get the point.

While I agree that it would be an interesting attempt to have a "classic" shard. No amount of petitioning is going to bring you one. Short of you buying EAMythic and imposing your will on them, the chances on a "classic" shard are zero.

Your only option for a "classic" shard is a free/gray/player run shard, and we can not talk about them on this forum.

it is just not going to happen. And I gave some (not all) the reasons that EAMythic has listed (in the past) why it will not be done. They are not reasons that I personally made up, but actually voiced in the past by several EAMythic employees. Or Origin/OSI, EAOrigin employees or whatever other name I might not have listed in the 10 years UO has been running.

I would like some type of "classic" shard, just so all the people that I see that keep harping for one. Can have one.

Then I could sit back and laugh, when they would inevitably post - (depending on how far the "classic" shard went back) some of the following questions:

How come there is no colored ore/wood?
How come I can not play an elf, paladin or necromancer?
How come I can not resurrect my pet?
How come I can not lock my skills/stats?
Where can I get power/stat scrolls?
Where is my sammy/pally/necro/mage/nox template not available.

I am sure you can think of other things you would still want in a pre-16 shard.

becuase no matter at version of a "classic" shard, we could settle on, even if we (the players could decide). Many players are going to want improvements that were added to the client over the years.

Like those I named above for starters. Now while I played back before all those put into the game. It would not bother my to play this shard, or whatever your "classic" shard would be. My gm made armor/weapons and my bone armor packs (gathered not crafted since at one time you could not make bone armor) would sell well again off my vendor. Honestly how many players would actually want to play on that shard? Without the improvements?

merth

merth

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,493 posts
I would play it but only if I didnt have to rebuild chars :) (keeping classic skills only, gm at 100, 7x gm mage/tamer, 7x gm mule would be all i need)

Elitz

Elitz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Nope, I only speak for myself. Someone who has payed/played for 10 years.

Again I ask why we have to have this discussion once again? This question comes up, time and time again. And its been answered by the company currently called EAMythic.

It’s not going to happen.

EAMythic has said repeatedly that there will not be an any type of "classic" shard.

For many reasons, including but not limited to the following:

1) They all ready have to maintain 3 rule sets (Fel side, Tram side, Seige/Mugen)

2) During the move out to Redwood, California from Austin, Texas the back up servers with the information on shards before patching/modifications was lost, misplaced or some how deleted. So EAMythic can not replicate earlier shard versions.

3) What would constitute a "classic" shard? For you it seems to be a pre-16 shard. But others would argue for a shard pre-T2A, some original + T2A, etc. Since people can not agree what is a classic shard; they are not going to risk it.

4) Many people say they want a "classic" shard but fail to realize just how many sub systems and tweaks have been introduced into the game that people would still want even if it was a "classic" shard. For example the various loot tweaks, locking skills/stats (never could lock them at one time), a pre-16 shard that you wish would have no paladins or necromancers in it. The list can go on, but I think you get the point.

While I agree that it would be an interesting attempt to have a "classic" shard. No amount of petitioning is going to bring you one. Short of you buying EAMythic and imposing your will on them, the chances on a "classic" shard are zero.

Your only option for a "classic" shard is a free/gray/player run shard, and we can not talk about them on this forum.

it is just not going to happen. And I gave some (not all) the reasons that EAMythic has listed (in the past) why it will not be done. They are not reasons that I personally made up, but actually voiced in the past by several EAMythic employees. Or Origin/OSI, EAOrigin employees or whatever other name I might not have listed in the 10 years UO has been running.

I would like some type of "classic" shard, just so all the people that I see that keep harping for one. Can have one.

Then I could sit back and laugh, when they would inevitably post - (depending on how far the "classic" shard went back) some of the following questions:

How come there is no colored ore/wood?
How come I can not play an elf, paladin or necromancer?
How come I can not resurrect my pet?
How come I can not lock my skills/stats?
Where can I get power/stat scrolls?
Where is my sammy/pally/necro/mage/nox template not available.

I am sure you can think of other things you would still want in a pre-16 shard.

becuase no matter at version of a "classic" shard, we could settle on, even if we (the players could decide). Many players are going to want improvements that were added to the client over the years.

Like those I named above for starters. Now while I played back before all those put into the game. It would not bother my to play this shard, or whatever your "classic" shard would be. My gm made armor/weapons and my bone armor packs (gathered not crafted since at one time you could not make bone armor) would sell well again off my vendor. Honestly how many players would actually want to play on that shard? Without the improvements?

just so you know, in your 10 years, i have been here for the majority of that discluding around a year around 2004, and incase you dont remember, back then, it wasnt all about items..... all your anti retro-shards seem to say that we would miss the items we wouldnt be able to get. the main reason for me to want a retro shard is for the aspect of pvp or pvm that made you challenge yourself to come up with spell combos and creative ways to kill something, not to put on a set of armor, and just because you have ebay you can all of the sudden go one on one with an ancient wyrm, and never get below 90% health without moving........

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
*nods*

Couldn't agree more Elitz. I'd run around in GM equipment just for the challenge. I didn't play UO when it first came out, so I didn't get to experience what it as like when that was the only option, but trying to reproduce it with current game mechanics probably didn't do it justice.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Pitr

Pitr

GRI Cadet

• Members
  • 1,662 posts
Usually I dont post about this... but here goes.

I have been in UO since the game started... and one of the reasons I love it is this... It keeps changing... it is a challenge to change my thinking pattern, my procedures and my methods so I can absorb all that UO has to teach...

Started with a Macer Fisherman... got gm parry for survival sake... and explored the lands... always running away from reds and monsters (not in that particular order)

10 years have gone by... and I have not still covered it all... we:
- built a 10 year old guild, that took many shapes, names but always kept its core rules... respect and fun.
- found great players and I was lucky to share my time with them.
- cover all of UO from crafts to harrowers.

UO was a long term test to my diplomatic ability, my leading skills and my self-control... actually it was it that made my pick teaching and my current career...

So what I am trying to say is simple... do try to change what is wrong or bugged... but always look inward and sometimes... a few times... we win alot more if we change ourselves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

• Members
  • 2,250 posts

just so you know, in your 10 years, i have been here for the majority of that discluding around a year around 2004, and incase you dont remember, back then, it wasnt all about items..... all your anti retro-shards seem to say that we would miss the items we wouldnt be able to get. the main reason for me to want a retro shard is for the aspect of pvp or pvm that made you challenge yourself to come up with spell combos and creative ways to kill something, not to put on a set of armor, and just because you have ebay you can all of the sudden go one on one with an ancient wyrm, and never get below 90% health without moving........

I am talking about subsystems added to the game over the years.
I have never ebay anything. I pay to play the game. But it is just a game to me. I am not going to pay a third party, real cash, for pixel items (like power/stat scrolls, atrifacts, etc)

but lets look at what you would not be able to do on your pre publish 16 shard:

your stats would ping pong, they could not be locked.
no house customizing
no locking skills
no bonded pets, no rez for pets I do not have a tamer, but many people like their pets.
loss of many skills:
samurai
ninja
paladin
necromancers
discord
all quests- some people enjoy quests
KR new player experience
entire Kingdom Reborn client
all crafting skill changes since then

I am sure the list can be longer. It not about items to me. I can play on a shard you want, just as easy as I play on my current shard. My point is that EAMythic has said no, over and over. Neither you nor I are going to change their minds. UO always had items. And you did search for better items. You just did not see all the numbers behind the items as you do now.

Elitz

Elitz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
actually, ea mythic posted, or the only one i ever saw, and you would have to point me to the right one, that we couldnt or wouldnt have a pre-tram shard, not a pre-pub 16, and pre-16 is what many of us want, we dont want all of uo to be changed, and i really could sacrifice alot, the only other option is to in some way take away the item based system that is currently running, and insurance to make pvp even close to what it use to be, challenging peoples minds not wallets.... what is bad is that ea is losing money from ebay, they stopped the sell of ingame items though..... atleast at ebay, and i am very very very thankfull for that. but it is like the quotes from earlier in this thread, insurance only hurts the market, and they phrased that up way better than i could ever,.

Asleif

Asleif

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
hmm, DO NOT REMOVE Trammel!

ok, that's it. I have played the original UO-version ten years ago and I really was happy when Trammel was opened.

If there would not be a Trammel right now, I would not have started to play UO again. I hate Felucca. - ok, I think that I need to go there because of the Peerless, but anyway I hate it. Trammel is the right world for me. And I like it.

The insurance-thing is a great thing - especially for re-beginners like me. I died twice at the city of Wind, because of two liches. I've lost all of my armor, because I didn't insure it. Now I do :). I definitively LIKE the insurances.

There is one thing I really would change: Graphics. I think the client is capable of much better detailed grafix then it is using right now. But it is all about the DETAILS of grafix, not that I want a "real" 3D-first-person"-look like in other games. I want UO to be like it is, but with less bugs and with more detailed grafix.
Thou hast an adventure at hand an seekest some additional power from a mage? - Then thou shalt raise thy voice and call for the power of the mages and scribes. I'll be fully yours.

Playing on Europa, Trammel only (as long, as I've not achieved to reach 7x100)

galefan2004

galefan2004

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Just remove it.

Ultima would be a better place without it, there are guardzones afterall.

If not existing is a better place then I totally agree. If you don't like Trammel then don't come to it. People don't go to Felucca because they don't like the ruleset. Don't blame Trammel for the stupidity of FFA pvp.

galefan2004

galefan2004

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

If EA actually bothered to spend their time fixing existing bugs and design issues, than bringing out silly additions like "Greater dragons", then people might actually return to felucca
Factions for example, heh

Sorry but there are many more tamers than people that care about factions. Factions aren't barely existant because they are bugged. They are barely existant because no one cares about them to begin with. Felucca is already dead and even fewer players play factions, so adding something like greater dragons interests a huge segment of the population and working with factions interests a very small part of the population. As a developer its better to keep the majority happy at the expense of the minority.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: trammel