Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Trammel

- - - - - trammel

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

Dryax

Dryax

Dwarven Guardian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
Just remove it.

Ultima would be a better place without it, there are guardzones afterall.
Dryax (House of Sosarian Travellers)

If at first you don't succeed, you die.

Viconia (Men)

Jal Khaless Zhah Waela

Gnomy

Gnomy

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,946 posts
AoS - remove it UO was a better place before ;)

Posted Image

dhekke

dhekke

I am the Gosso King!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
I second Gnomy

We are Ultima Online

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

Knowledge is power; Guard it well!

• Members
  • 2,250 posts
Gwen,

why do we have to have this discussion over and over?

you do not like trammel? feel free to go play on seige or mugen - total felucca facet shards.

barring that explore your options for a non-EA run shard. There are many out there that have no trammel.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

Gnomy

Gnomy

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,946 posts
well to answer that myself, non-EA shards always get some problem that brings the UO feeling away.

Siege? is all fell I agree.. but all item and bless crap *no thanks* Cant compare it sorry.

Mugen?

Posted Image

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

Knowledge is power; Guard it well!

• Members
  • 2,250 posts
Mugen? same as seige except for the asian market of UO.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Just remove it.

Ultima would be a better place without it, there are guardzones afterall.

Considering the vast majority play in Trammel or trammel based facets, I can't imagine how UO would survive if the trammel facet or ruleset, were removed.

As other people have said, if you don't like Trammel, stay in fel, equally, if you don't like Felucca, stay in Trammel
Quite simple really
Or, join one of the many free shards which have felucca only facts and ..well, rather large populations.

Gnomy

Gnomy

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,946 posts

Considering the vast majority play in Trammel or trammel based facets, I can't imagine how UO would survive if the trammel facet or ruleset, were removed.

Spot on.. UO would die faster than it already is..

Posted Image

Sineal Walker

Sineal Walker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
It was overall better without trammel, but unfortunately some PKers got a wee bit too obsessed with trying to make every new player feel as unwelcome as possible through griefing. So it wasn't chiefly the big bad devs that gleefully imposed Trammel on us. It was sociopathic griefers who forced the change.

Shame for the mature PKers with a sense of honour and those who liked their presence though. Oh well, too late now.

callumf

callumf

Stalking U

• Members
  • 2,107 posts
I recall reading somewhere that initially the development team didnt think players in UO *would* attack each other or steal off each other.

They expected the UO world to operate on a "fair play" basis which would be self-imposed/player controlled.

They also saw it as a social experiment.

[cant recall the article details but it is very very old]
Posted Image
owning all Su-Mi's bases since Y2K

Gnomy

Gnomy

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,946 posts
*Sniffles* I loved the pk runs on Deepwater

Deepwater really had good guards that put up with very good fights which landed me in statloss more than 1 time.

Posted Image

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

but unfortunately some PKers got a wee bit too obsessed with trying to make every new player feel as unwelcome as possible through griefing. So it wasn't chiefly the big bad devs that gleefully imposed Trammel on us. It was sociopathic griefers who forced the change.

Aye, true that
But the same still happens today, doesn't it?
Granted the population in Felucca is no doubt, considerably less than it was, but groups of people still camp popular areas, just to kill others, be it dungeons, moongates or other areas
Ok that's the risk you take when being in Felucca, but, I'd imagine most people (As trammel has proven) don't want that annoyance in their daily gaming

Gnomy

Gnomy

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,946 posts
Fel is empty these days.. got a few hot spots.. Rest is empty.

Red is too easy to be as well since no losses - if they saw someone "trammel" looking person they'd just attack him because he is a trammie.

Reds these days are pure lame and the mindset in felluca is yea like 13-14years old..

Im sorry you 13-14 years old boys/girls that got offended :D .. But when someone above 18-30 acts like you.. then something is wrong!

Posted Image

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
If EA actually bothered to spend their time fixing existing bugs and design issues, than bringing out silly additions like "Greater dragons", then people might actually return to felucca
Factions for example, heh

callumf

callumf

Stalking U

• Members
  • 2,107 posts

I'd imagine most people (As trammel has proven) don't want that [Pking] annoyance in their daily gaming

Possibly true - but then look at the popularity of the WoW pvp and rpvp servers?
Posted Image
owning all Su-Mi's bases since Y2K

Blurghh

Blurghh

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
The removal of Trammel would indeed NOT be benificial to UO.
What they could do however is release an expansion which is fel-ruleset oriented.

Similar like Mondain's Legacy, only this time the dungeons are based in Felucca. Or perhaps even better... based in Trammel but with Felucca rules. I would personally love to see that.
The advantage of being based in Trammel means that it will not be camped by reds and you pretty much have to fear everyone, not just a certain "colour" of people. ;)

To regulate the dungeons they could even impose the you-die-you're-out-for-30-mins. rule again, which in my opinion worked.
Perhaps add the auto-bless feature too (means when you resurrect after being teleported to a town, you keep all your gear), but it would only kick in upon death, giving thieves a shot at creatively aquiring equipment from alive victims.
Needless to say, if they added such system I'd say they would have to remove item insurance from those dungeons as well.

It can be done and it would be appreciated by most.
However, it's not an easy system (although the preliminary work on rulesets has been laid out and can be implemented and tweaked in order to save on coding time) and it requires quite a bit of dedication to make it work properly.
"Mega ib urk, yuga ib nub urk.
Bud iv yuga ib urk den mega ib mudzj zmardur den yuga!
Hur hur!
(Bud yuga ib nub urk!)"
- Intelligent conversations with Blurghh (2008)

I'm at work and when I'm bored all I can think of is Blurghh (he is the sex)

Blurghh

Blurghh

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
*Deja vu*
I think I posted the above speech before...

Oh well, better to leave it, at least it increases the chances of a dev reading it who then thinks "OMG I love that idea! I am gonna steal it and take credit for it!"

Well devs, you're more than welcome!
"Mega ib urk, yuga ib nub urk.
Bud iv yuga ib urk den mega ib mudzj zmardur den yuga!
Hur hur!
(Bud yuga ib nub urk!)"
- Intelligent conversations with Blurghh (2008)

I'm at work and when I'm bored all I can think of is Blurghh (he is the sex)

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Possibly true - but then look at the popularity of the WoW pvp and rpvp servers?

True as well, but those games have a ton of differences as far as gameplay goes
Namely interface, options available, viewpoint to name but a few.

lklovelykiki24

lklovelykiki24

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

I totally agree with you :)

facattac

facattac

Lil' Scamp

• Members
  • 1,206 posts
Don't like Trammel? Play WoW instead. I've heard there's PVP in that game.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: trammel