Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Online merchants

- - - - - merchants online

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

cadillacjoe

cadillacjoe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
First of all, let me thank everyone on this board for continuing to answer my questions as well as the questions of others. It is EXTREMELY appreciated. That said, has anyone had dealings with http://www.rpg-bay.com? I am looking to buy an Advanced Character token for a tamer and they have the lowest prices I've seen. I have dealt with other vendors (namely http://www.markeedragon.net) and I am hoping for a painless experience. My gratitude for all replies.
Cadillacjoe (AKA Xentel on LS)

Gyvalor

Gyvalor

collecter of death robes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
First let me start by saying I have not personally done business with RPG-Bay.com. However, several thoughts come to mind about the Advanced Character Token you are seeking.

1st- EA has specifically announced they DO NOT sale these or any other tokens to anyone wholesale and warn players to be cautious of Online Merchants selling at a lower cost. Now I could see an Online Merchant selling a small amount collected from other players at a discounted price but for this Online Merchant to advertise these permanently at half the cost of EA on any shard has to make a player think about the choices. Again I mention I don’t know this Online Merchant nor do I have experience with them so I don’t claim to know how or where they get there inventory. I am just explaining what I have read.

2nd- With gold selling on some Online Merchants for $1.99 per million, would put the cost of this item just above 7.5 million. After doing some searching on UOSearch.com I see that on Lake Superior (I think that’s what shard you are from by your siggy) you are able to buy this token for 6.5 million. That’s a savings of 1 million or $1.99. Now one could question how these Online Merchants have so much gold to sell. Well from what I hear, there are wholesale merchants who sell this gold to the Online Merchants.

To conclude, and I know this was more of an answer then you were looking for. I believe buying from an Online Merchant is a personal decision and I neither support it nor condone it. Just make sure you do your homework and search them all over to gather good information. As in real life………If it seems too good to be true it usually is.
Posted Image

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
RPG-Bay is owned by a known exploiter/seller of duped items, so if you want to go the safe/secure route, don't use them

Markeedragon however has been confirmed as a buyer who orders direct from EA themselves.

Gnomy

Gnomy

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,946 posts
Only place i trust when it comes to that...

UOGameCodes.com

Posted Image

cadillacjoe

cadillacjoe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
My thanks to all who replied. I believe I will buy the code directly from EA, as I do not want to have something happen to my account. I would hate for my little house to explode or something. :)
Cadillacjoe (AKA Xentel on LS)

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts

My thanks to all who replied. I believe I will buy the code directly from EA, as I do not want to have something happen to my account. I would hate for my little house to explode or something. :)

Best bet when it comes to Tokens, IMHO

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

Dentrix

Dentrix

Gimp of Pain

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

First of all, let me thank everyone on this board for continuing to answer my questions as well as the questions of others. It is EXTREMELY appreciated. That said, has anyone had dealings with rpg-bay.com I am looking to buy an Advanced Character token for a tamer and they have the lowest prices I've seen. I have dealt with other vendors (namely http://www.markeedragon.net) and I am hoping for a painless experience. My gratitude for all replies.

I've used RPG Bay alot, they are usually pretty good, and very low prices so ya I would go with them :P

Posted Image
I'm back. :D

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA
I have bought from RPG Bay several times and have had no problems - mostly gold, though I did buy some character transfer tokens last year as well.

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

I've used RPG Bay alot, they are usually pretty good, and very low prices so ya I would go with them :P

The same was said a few years back when RPGBay and other brokers, were selling gametime codes purchased with stolen credit card numbers
All those codes were revoked by EA and all accounts associated with them, were suspended until a new payment method was put in place.

So yea, you get what you pay for and in this case, it's a risk I personally wouldn't want to take.

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts

So yea, you get what you pay for and in this case, it's a risk I personally wouldn't want to take.

It's not necessarily a matter of how much you pay so much as it's a matter of the reputation of the seller. That's not to say I know the reputation of any of these sellers beyond my own experiences, but just because some charges more doesn't make them automatically reputable.

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
Bottom line with UO tokens, is your cheapest and most secure way of purchase is thru the UO Gamecodes store.

*A user of online merchants for in game resources*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

but just because some charges more doesn't make them automatically reputable.

Agreed, but on the other hand, someone like markee has been confirmed to deal direct with EA, when buying his codes, no one else has.
Of course that doesn't mean every other broker is dodgy!, but, when certain brokers have a reputation and history of being banned for things like selling duped goods, stolen credit cards used to buy codes and exploitation/scripting, who would you be more inclined to trust?

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts

who would you be more inclined to trust?

Like I said - reputation is a much more reliable indicator of the potential success or failure of a transaction than the price you pay (making "you get what you pay for" irrelevant here).

Guest_Cybernickel_*

Guest_Cybernickel_*
  • Guests
How does the ole saying go....."If is smells like a rat... Looks like a rat....."

There is no wholesale discount for brokers from EA. Thus if it is listed cheaper than what is posted on uogamecodes.com, it has a very high (99.99%) chance of being purchased via illegal means.

NO ONE sells items for less than what they can get them for.

Guest_Karnov_*

Guest_Karnov_*
  • Guests
I bought from rpg-bay many times before and I couldn't be more happy with their service and response. All the naysayers posting here obviously haven't dealt with them before.

Phla

Phla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

I bought from rpg-bay many times before and I couldn't be more happy with their service and response. All the naysayers posting here obviously haven't dealt with them before.

I dont think many people claim RPG-BAY doesnt deliver, but more that the people behind RPG-BAY are a bunch of scripting, duping, fencing !£$%£$"".
They now give away 5 barbed kits with any $100 order. Do your really think they are seriously doing bods manually on all shards all day long, just to give them away? Hell no. They either script them or buy them from scripters.

Just look at their 'special items' page:
Ari - duped.
Item bless deed - duped.
Britannian Royal Guard Sash - the famous Lt. sash, of which there are supposed to be 5 - duped.
Vine cord sandals - used to be a UNIQUE ITEM - duped.
Basically the entire special items page is just a pretty good guide of which rares have been massively duped.

As for their 'cheap' prices: they are more expensive than most private gold sellers (which can be found in the Stratics trade forums usually).

I can understand that you want to buy from a fancy website that looks legit. But do know that it's all a facade of people abusing game mechanics.

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

All the naysayers posting here obviously haven't dealt with them before.

Considering I was "business partners" with her for a period, I think I know her rather well to tell people NOT to shop with her.:P

Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde

Ultima Online Devotee and site VIP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
If you don't mind whether the items you're buying were obtained through legitimate means or not, go ahead and buy, they do deliver.
However, people have lost money/gold when gametime applied to their accounts turned out to be purchased through fraudulent means and they had to pay again.

When someone can sell you something at less than the price of the supplier you have to ask yourself 'how?'

When someone can sell multiples of an item which was unique and the original is confirmed as 'lost' don't you wonder about their overall honesty?
Posted Image

MalagAste

MalagAste

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
When it comes to game tokens and codes I only buy from EA .... I don't wish to risk my accounts at all.

Posted Image
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
It's worth mentioning that tokens you buy off vendors are going to be perfectly safe as well. The gamecodes to receive these have long since been validated - otherwise the token itself wouldn't exist. Even if the token was obtained with a fraudulently obtained code, it's impossible to track that sort of thing after the token itself is in the game and being resold.

Of course, you're probably going to pay exhorbitantly in UO gold. But hey - it's just 1010101000010s

~M

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: merchants, online