Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Back after 5 yr. break. Where's all the action?

- - - - - action back break yr

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Chuck In Vegas

Chuck In Vegas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey, thanks for checking out my post.:D I am an old school UO vet. I used to play UO2 and then AOS. I played from around 98 until 03 or 04 before finally getting bored and hanging it up. I recently (like 2 days ago) stumbled across the new version of UO and decided to see if my account was still active. Guess what, it was!!!!!

Sure my house was gone and everything that was in it that wasn't blessed is gone but my Characters, Blessed Items and the Rares that I had in the bank are all still there. I even had a couple of extra gifts in there on each character.

My question is this, Where the hell is everybody?:? The world has gotten so big that I travel around all day and hardly find anybody. Used to be you just head down to the Brit bank on the Tram side to find somebody to t-hunt or trade with, or head to bucs den or the brit x-roads on the fel side for some good PVP action. Not anymore though.

Is it just the Sonoma Shard? Should I switch to another? If so which one has all the action now? I would like to find a good guild join as well. My Characters used to be the type that would be an awesome addition to any guild, although they may need some tuning to fit the new world.

They are as follows:

6X GM Battle Mage/Archer (Dantes)
6X GM Macer (Zima)
2X GM Alchemist with 99 Poison
and just started building workhorse who will become GM Smithy, Tinker, Tailor.

Any thoughts on where I can go to get back in the game would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Chuck In Vegas
(A.K.A. Dantes, Zima, Carlow of Sonoma Shard)

Cymbria Devereux

Cymbria Devereux

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts
If you choose you could come to Chesapeake! New or used characters, all are welcome!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crypt Keeper(CK)

Crypt Keeper(CK)

Guildmaster of ATD, Defender of Paxlair!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 615 posts
Sonoma still has some very respected players but for the most part it is empty. I moved from there to chessie and have been happy every since. Though I still play sonoma it is not the sonoma I once knew.

If you decide to give chessie a try let me know and we will help you out anyway we can.
Posted Image

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
On Sonoma, you need to hang out at Luna bank to find people to adventure with. Yew gate is (was?) where PvP occurs. If you have skills, try one of the active guilds like PAS or FL for PvP/Spawn action.

A good place to find friendly players is in Twisted Weald, particularly if you decide to go the tamer route. Now, you can also find many folks trying to tame/kill the super dragons in Destard.

I enjoy Stealthing around champ spawns. There is still plenty of action to be had at one of those, but you'd better be untouchable or backed by some guild friends.

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA
Atlantic is still busy enough that you can usually find bank sitters at Luna, Britain, and sometimes Moonglow.

kingtony

kingtony

How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink?

• Members
  • 2,538 posts
as kit says alantic is pretty busy..but gets real busy when the holiday giveaways come or some type of new aspect of the game
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.

Solidchrome

Solidchrome

† Virtual hero- real life geek †

• Members
  • 1,858 posts
Welcome to UO Forums Chuck

Tovladian Soltyr- "..then I saw it was Solid and I was like "Ah ok" because we all know he's not the most complete box of crayons.."

UOForums Need Your Donations- Click Here

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: action, back, break, yr