Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Are we the red-headed step forum?

- - - - - forum redheaded step

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
I wouldn't even expect them to post here equally, because honestly our community here isn't as large (thank the gods!), but SOMETHING should come this way if they (stratics) get all of the attention.

And as has been stated, THEIR OWN SITE (UOHerald) doesn't get anything either, so going to one site and one site only is straight BS. We've gotten some stuff before, here and there, a "Hi" post/thread from various members, but those are becoming VERY rare, and one of the more vocal members (Cathat) isn't even with them anymore.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Brom

Brom

Introverted Barbarian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

And as has been stated, THEIR OWN SITE (UOHerald) doesn't get anything either, so going to one site and one site only is straight BS.

IMHO any official news concerning game changes should be posted on the official site first, then if they want they can post on [insert community site here]. I'd like to see one good reason from the devs, just one logical reason, why the Herald doesn't get updated first. Its no wonder people think they favor stratics, they choose a community site over their own official website.

Again, just my two copper bits.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

Knowledge is power; Guard it well!

• Members
  • 2,250 posts
Jeremy will give you the same answer they always give.

The official uo site was done years ago, and no one has any idea of the way it was assembled.

plus she will tell you that she is the only one working on it at the moment and she is really busy.

with what I have no clue. thought her "job" was to communicate with the community. oh well.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Heh my thoughts exactly Warsong

But, with that said, why did they release a rather crappy, uber dark template for the front page of UO.com/UOherald.com and stop at that?
And why has it been that way for ...how long now? a year?

Merc

Merc

bellum omnium in omnes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts
Jeremy came and asked us to post about KR fixes, I wonder if she even came back to read what we have put. I say delete the thread. Why should we help them when they don't care enough to say thanks for the KR info or say hello?

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I don't know...I doubt it, as she hasn't posted in quite a while.

But, as a couple have said in this thread, all we can do is continue doing what we do best, serving you guys as best we can.

I doubt we'll be getting anymore interviews or "treats" from EA, because I honestly don't want to deal with the frustration involved in something so simple as an interview, nor the rudeness of being ignored for 5+ months.

kingtony

kingtony

How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink?

• Members
  • 2,538 posts
adam who are we kidding ourselves lets just say the truth and facts in retrospect ea secretly comes in here in the middle of the night and gets all the info from us were like the smart kid in class that everyone cheats from but when it comes to us asking they dont know us
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Nah, they don't care about UO enough to even cheat Kingtony.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Brom

Brom

Introverted Barbarian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
We should demand that they stay away from here unless they are invited. Perhaps if we tell them we don't need them or want them here, they will come running!

Reverse Psychology!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

Knowledge is power; Guard it well!

• Members
  • 2,250 posts

Heh my thoughts exactly Warsong

But, with that said, why did they release a rather crappy, uber dark template for the front page of UO.com/UOherald.com and stop at that?
And why has it been that way for ...how long now? a year?

Why did they release the UOHerald?

My guess, and that is all that it is. After Mythic was put in charge of UO, because of the merger. They wanted to move to a format that they were familiar with (DAoC Herald is just about the same). Then EAMythic realized that converting everything over would be a hassle.

Hence its just linked to the old uo site. Which personally I could not care what it looked like, as long as the information on it was kept up to date.

Why any player actually thought that putting a competitor in charge of UO would be good for UO is beyond my reasoning.

If it was not for a few old timers (leurocian, et al) we would be in worse shape than we are now.

Look they banned what? I would guess less than 50 players with these burning houses? (I have only found about 8 burning houses on my shard {Lake Superior} though I have not been everywhere, yet)

This last event (valentines day) was a complete joke. Thats the best they could do? 5 winners fine! thats cool, but the turn-in chest should have been left open to submitions for about 30 minutes after the start of the event and then anyone (one bag only) could still drop their bag in and get a vase with valentines day 2008 on it. This would have given 5 winners and the 15 or so other people that were at the event (again only on Lake Superior) a memento of the event.
And it would not even be over powered.

Barbed runic kits are still losing mods when using leather and you roll the mage armor property. So runics are still broken, I am not burning the few I have earned yet.

Yeah, they crushed a few bugs.
About the only positive thing I have noticed lately, But I guess that I am just jaded (hit 120 months today) too me UO is the greatest mmorpg that I have ever played. And it is just in cash cow mode to EAMythic now.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

mitch nz

mitch nz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
I hope it's okay, but I thought I would comment on this from a position of almost toal ignorance. I am a very new UO player, having switched from another MMPORG (which shall remain nameless) when I finally got sickened by the attitude of the developers.
I'm not sure how I stumbled into this community, but it was almost certainly the result of a google on "UO forums" or some such.
From my very first post I have been made to feel extremely welcome, with many vets prepared to answer my newbie questions. I therefore have nothing against which to judge this community, since I haven't been to any other Forum Groups. The point is ("Great" I hear you say, "he's finally going to get to the point") is that I believe the strength of any community group is in the strength of the community - not in support/lack of support from "officaldom".
And this community is very strong. I have never once seen any flaming, spamming etc on the threads I have read. The levels of courtesy are incredibly high and are only matched by the level of kowledge of the experienced contributors.
This is what will keep me here, and while it must be discouraging for Adam et al to continually get the brush off, they (and all the contributors) should take great pride in what they have. As someone said earlier, its about quality, not quantity, and the quality here rocks.

Nok

Nok

Founder/Publisher of GameXbar

• Members
  • 3,217 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
Hi Mitch,

You just described UOForums to a "T". This is an awesome community. :)

Posted Image
GameXbar: DAoC - LOTRO - MMO - UO - WAR - WoW

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
Thanks for all those positive comments ,mitch nz.

You are the kind of person we run these forums for,and we will continue to try maintian the standards we do, for the members here.

Its always nice to get some love for our efforts.

So once again ,thankyou.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

grizz

grizz

CATS Legendary String Plucker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
I have been coming to this forum for a good while. Most times I start ridiculous threads with useless content...and most often my replies to other's posts is not helpful.
Compare UOF to a small college with smaller classrooms and a better teacher to student ratio.
It's much more intimate. You can learn more. Quality info is posted on this forum (never by me of course). There a feeling of comraderie here (I know I spelled that wrong). People don't instantly attack what you say and make you feel crappy.

Some info at stratics is beneficial and I can see the reason for the devs and such posting there.........Let's let douche bags be.......ooops I meant by-gones be by-gones.

abra- you rock, but sometimes you gotta let em bleed out!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"If the world was flat I'd grind the edge."
-Ray Kappo

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: forum, redheaded, step