Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Are we the red-headed step forum?

- - - - - forum redheaded step

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

abracadabra

abracadabra

Mindless Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
How can UO Forums attract more attention and interaction from EA Mythic? It's truly appreciated when anyone like Jeremy, Chrissay, and Cathat, Leurocian would post their thoughts on this site. Did you notice a new member, KilandraEAMythic posted on Stratics today? *Just feeling a bit like a red headed step child today*
Posted Image

Paidric

Paidric

The Youngherder [HLP]

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
If there are enough community members posting here, it'll attract more Devs for feedbacks. Stratics benefited from the closing of the MyUO forums.
"If deathrobes were bank checks... I'd be filthy rich!"

New in Ultima Online? Visit Haven Helpers
Trade at Ingame Auctions!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

kingtony

kingtony

How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink?

• Members
  • 2,538 posts
look at it this way as i take a quote from devils advocate

John Milton: Look at me - underestimated from Day One. You'd never think I was a master of the universe, now, would you? they never see me coming im always around

thats us baby master of the universe
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.

buddy lee

buddy lee

Agent Zero

• Members
  • 2,249 posts
i like the way you think kingtony

StoneCypher

StoneCypher

Legendary Runner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
I imagine that stratics has an edge, in part, due to the gameplay info on UO. This being in contrast to the UO player guide. *thumbs down* Stratics saved EA Mythic a lot of time and pain...
StoneCypher

Snugglebunny

Snugglebunny

indisputably more awesome

• Members
  • 5,665 posts
All I know is we rawk!

Well rub butter on my beautiful butt and call me a croissant!

Posted Image

RMS Carpathia

RMS Carpathia

Madien of the Great Blue

• Members
  • 2,443 posts
*Agrees with Snuggles*

-RMS Carpathia-
Posted Image

StoneCypher

StoneCypher

Legendary Runner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
And yes... We ROCK!! "]
StoneCypher

Ally

Ally

The Couch Hottie

• Members
  • 3,310 posts
Quality over quantity :)

You guys rock :)

Snugglebunny

Snugglebunny

indisputably more awesome

• Members
  • 5,665 posts
I personally could never really get into stratics. It was always too much trolling for my tastes and a lot of their user guides were outdated. This may have changed, I haven't played UO in a while or looked there lately.

What I like about UOF best though is the trolling is kept to a minimum and we have a great community here. Everyone is helpful for the most part and respectful. Pluses in my book!

Well rub butter on my beautiful butt and call me a croissant!

Posted Image

StoneCypher

StoneCypher

Legendary Runner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
I knew Baja felt empty for a reason... *sniffle*

Oh and btw GRAG! what's with the search engines on stratics??!!! *blank stare*
StoneCypher

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I always invite new UO developers/staff to UOForums when they first make an appearance on Stratics, but they rarely, or never post, so I asked Jeremy this question, several times

How come EA reps (uo team in general) don't post much, or at all, on UOForums?

I often see requests for feedback on specific items, like events, new changes, designs etc, yet nothing is cross posted on uoforums

We even tried setting up a dedicated feedback area for you guys, but not a single dev even read that area, or posted in it, so we deleted it…heh

I know stratics has the major traffic for UO posters and was told by Wilki that was pretty much the main reason they don’t' post on UOForums.

What's your thoughts?

The answer was

That’s pretty much the reason – right now I have beta forums as well as public forums, and posts I put on U.Hall are going to get many more eyes than on any other site. To be perfectly honest, I don’t have anything like the time needed to keep up with other sites – yours, Flutter’s, or anyone else’s. It’s not a judgment, it’s a numbers game. Also, as time goes by you’ll see more and more stuff getting posted on the Herald and NOT on any forums – again, for time reasons.

So, it's not going to change
The part I bolded is also ironic, because Jeremy stated that she wouldn't use stratics solely for feedback, but the UOHerald home page, so if we "caught" her doing that, we were to poke her a reminder, which one of our MODS did, but we got this rather ..negative response

(And, btw? Your reporters making smartass remarks every time I post on stratics? Not ok. I am going to continue to participate in threads there – there is no changing that.)

So, I don't bother raising the issue with her anymore if that's going to be her attitude.

I did get in contact with Bob, the new community director, who said he'd arrange for our forum to be used for feedback on the valentines event...which as you can see, didn't happen
So he then said we'd get feedback requests after the first scavenger hunt events, which again, never happened

So, I don't bother inviting EA devs here anymore, because it's pointless.

Anyone else is welcome to though.

Gnomy

Gnomy

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,946 posts

Also, as time goes by you’ll see more and more stuff getting posted on the Herald and NOT on any forums – again, for time reasons.

That concept comes only from mythic - Im not saying its all bad since its mostly easy to find the information.. But UO is about community and it would be sad if they do the same thing here since it doesnt fit UO.

DAoC does herald way.. and its 95% Herald and 5% VN boards.

Posted Image

Guest_Bo_*

Guest_Bo_*
  • Guests
We're fine without them...

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

DAoC does herald way.. and its 95% Herald and 5% VN boards.

Yea, you'd think it'd be a consistant policy across all their games, but it's not
Just like their fansite program

WAR - Fansite program + Fansite Art Kit
DAOC - Fansite Art Kit
UO - Neither

Guess it shows how much they think of their three games.

Gnomy

Gnomy

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,946 posts
Can also be that Mythic already started it on those other games before EA and Mythic merged.

EA never really gave much for UO :( Sad to see that...

Posted Image

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Can also be that Mythic already started it on those other games before EA and Mythic merged.

EA never really gave much for UO :( Sad to see that...

True, but then why did Mythic create a fansite kit and program for WAR, but cancel it for UO as soon as they took over the game?

Gnomy

Gnomy

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,946 posts
Simple.. WAR will bring alot more money in :(

Posted Image

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

Knowledge is power; Guard it well!

• Members
  • 2,250 posts
Because when EA bought out Mythic

it was most likely a condition of the merger. Whats next is my own warped version :

EA to Mythic : Heres your bucket of money for DAoC and Warhammer Online.

Mythic to EA : Great where do we sign.

EA to Mythic : Sign here, here, there, initial here...great just one more thing - you guys are in charge of UO now too.

Mythic : ahhhhh...looks at UO and all its outdated code. Ahhhh well....{Looks over at the buckets of money, looks back at UO} ...Hey! Its great to be here, just wait to you see what we have in store for you! Its going to be fabulous! All hail the great and glorious EAMythic! Ignore the man behind the curtain! Obey me!

--------------------------------

The folks from Mythic really have no vested interest in UO, they are more worried about DAoC and getting Warhammer out on time. So slowly we have seen old UO(pre-Mythic) personal leave and being replaced by Mythic personal brought in without a feel for for UO unique history.

You have to remember EA and Mythic were 2 competing companies just a short time ago.

It would be like if ford bought out chrsyler, or bmw bought out audi

Each company might keep a few of the bought out companies vehicle lines going but most would be terminated and most of the employees would be let go.

We see this happening in UO right now, with the team move back across the country. Many employees let go, just in profit mode now. Collecting cash for Warhammer Online. Heck, we still have not gotten an answer on just how many people are working on UO since the move. I just feel we are lucky to still have draconi and leurocian.

I have never understood EAMythics logic behide being so secretive about UO. It been here 10 years, it not cutting edge anymore. Just tell us what the heck is going on.

And as far as Jeremy is concerned well...I not going to get started. If I could figure out how to access my old posts here, I would just copy/paste. Never seen a community relations person be so uncommunicative.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

And as far as Jeremy is concerned well...I not going to get started. If I could figure out how to access my old posts here, I would just copy/paste. Never seen a community relations person be so uncommunicative.

Heh yea, I hear you

Me : Hey Jeremy, any updates on our interview
*Your email was read at XXX*
*A month goes by, no reply*

Me: Hey, any updates? Thanks

Me: Hiya, any updates on our interviews with X and X?

(Repeat for the last 5 months)

So I stopped asking.
I don't think we'll be doing anymore EA interviews.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: forum, redheaded, step